ADVERTISEMENT

If Jimbo is such a good coach...

I agree with Goose. I think he's a dang good coach. He's always been great at in-game and half-time adjustments, which separates him from many coaches, IMO. I have no idea what happened to FSU, but I do think he will have TAM looking pretty good by next season and especially when he has a good QB.

Reactions: ddw1263
I think he is a damn good coach. They are recruiting at a top 5 level now. He doesn’t have a qb yet. No idea what you guys are talking about.
Mond is a very capable qb. Jimbo won a national title because no one could stop Winston that season. Like Cam in '10.

Reactions: Bwellbaseball
You always hear but they are recruiting well....there is WAY more to a successful program than just recruiting well!!

FSU under Jimbo was a really complex situation. some of it involved family issues and some of it was his own doing. I don't think he cared as much about character as he should have. His last year, I doubt he cared one bit about the FSU job and it showed. He just wanted out.

To be fair, Jimbo had some issues at FSU. They had a money issue for some reason and didnt really keep up with the rest of the elite programs in regards to facilities. Jimbo will be fine at TAMU once he gets the recruiting rolling and it starts to pay dividends. Mond can look like the best QB in the country at times. But then, he can look like he couldnt start at PC for periods, like he did at Clemson. But for all the complaints about Jimbo, the man has a ring.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT