ADVERTISEMENT

If our women's teams compete and win big time why can't the USC men's teams

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
compete against anyone and win on a consistent bases?
If it wasn't for our women's teams we won't have anything to holler about at all.

Last edited:
I'd say the coach. We have a coach in Dawn that is a great recruiter. She's young and not to old to understand today's youth. She's not 65 trying to convince kids she's building a winner. She came in took her lumps and never gave up and the SEC in women's basketball is every bit as tough as football

compete against anyone and win on a consistent bases?
If it wasn't for our women's teams we won't have anything to holler about at all.

Because Men's sports are harder? Probably our men's team would have easily defeated our National Championship women's team in any game they played. Our women's rugby team might challenge our football team though.

It's a lot easier to win in women's sports if you are one of the few schools who choose to really invest in them. Many schools really just don't care if their women's teams are any good, they're just there for Title IX reasons. USC invests in their women's programs and you can see the benefits. I'd wager that our WBB, tennis, track, volleyball, softball, golf, soccer and equestrian facilities are better or equal than all but maybe 5% of other schools. Partner that with a willingness to spend some money on coaches and good promotion / fan support and you get good results.

Reactions: Gamekem
It's a lot easier to win in women's sports if you are one of the few schools who choose to really invest in them. Many schools really just don't care if their women's teams are any good, they're just there for Title IX reasons. USC invests in their women's programs and you can see the benefits. I'd wager that our WBB, tennis, track, volleyball, softball, golf, soccer and equestrian facilities are better or equal than all but maybe 5% of other schools. Partner that with a willingness to spend some money on coaches and good promotion / fan support and you get good results.
Uh huh? Well if that's the case it should be more difficult to win. More teams can compete.

Level playing field maybe? Ever hear about a female athlete’s dad’s church conveniently getting a major upgrade when their daughter headed off to school? (Or whatever it was)

But I don’t know, just spit balling here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT