ADVERTISEMENT

If there is reincarnation I want to come back as a Gamecock coach

CapHillCock

Aug 19, 2011
What a life! We have such a loyal and forgiving fan base that often seems to embrace or at least accept and even make excuses for mediocrity.

We finally achieve elite status in a sport, finally get some hardware in a cobwebbed filled trophy case- and we hire someone to take over the reigns who has zero head coaching experience and the trend over the last 3 years is clearly down and going down at a steeper rate each year and we just got off a weekend where the team was absolutely embarrassed in a sweep and yet we still have fans making excuses and arguing to stay the course. It seems like we will stay the course until baseball is just as mediocre as basketball.

Man, I'd love to be a coach here- I'd buy a nice house on Lake Murray, get a boat of course and maybe a jet ski or two or three, go on great, exotic vacations during the off season, buy my wife and family expensive gifts, myself a nice car, make enough money to still not have to work much again despite all these purchases.... and have almost zero accountability when it comes to job performance and responsibility.

I wonder what comes first? Is the trophy case for the department so empty because of this unconditional love? Or has this unconditional love grown because everyone feels for an underdog?

But man, wouldn't that be something- a life where your salary is 20 or more times the national average and you get paid that much to watch young folks play games and you are a local celebrity among a fan base that works overtime to make excuses for your performance and seem just fine and dandy- for the most part- with average results.

This post was edited on 4/14 8:32 AM by CapHillCock

This post was edited on 4/14 8:34 AM by CapHillCock

ener.gif

Originally posted by CapHillCock:
What a life! We have such a loyal and forgiving fan base that often seems to embrace or at least accept and even make excuses for mediocrity.

We finally achieve elite status in a sport, finally get some hardware in a cobwebbed filled trophy case- and we hire someone to take over the reigns who has zero head coaching experience and the trend over the last 3 years is clearly down and going down at a steeper rate each year and we just got off a weekend where the team was absolutely embarrassed in a sweep and yet we still have fans making excuses and arguing to stay the course. It seems like we will stay the course until baseball is just as mediocre as basketball.

Man, I'd love to be a coach here- I'd buy a nice house on Lake Murray, get a jet ski or two, go on great, exotic vacations during the off season, buy my wife and family expensive gifts, myself a nice car, make enough money to still not have to work much again despite all these purchases.... and have almost zero accountability when it comes to job performance and responsibility.

I wonder what comes first? Is the trophy case for the department so empty because of this unconditional love? Or has this unconditional love grown because everyone feels for an underdog?

But man, wouldn't that be something- a life where your salary is 20 or more times the national average and you get paid that much to watch young folks play games and you are a local celebrity among a fan base that works overtime to make excuses for your performance and seem just fine and dandy- for the most part- with average results.
Great post. Reality bites. Hold on for the neutrals and lukewarms . . .

I'm getting rather fearful that the name "Holbrook" will one day be mentioned in the same breath as Bell, Bradstard, Newton, & Horn.

nowadays, Parsons would probably be hailed for her Lesbian openness, but

the whole recruiting and wooing college lesbians on her teams might be frowned upon, I would be happy to bake her a Lesbian wedding cake!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: nowadays, Parsons would probably be hailed for her Lesbian openness, but

imo, don't know about "wooing college lesbians"? its unfair to make that kind of statement, feel sure she went after the best players & her record indicated that.

Man, I'd love to be a coach here- I'd buy a nice house on Lake Murray, get a boat of course and maybe a jet ski or two or three, go on great, exotic vacations during the off season, buy my wife and family expensive gifts, myself a nice car, make enough money to still not have to work much again despite all these purchases.... and have almost zero accountability when it comes to job performance and responsibility.

No need for reincarnation ~ just get your coaching job and BINGO ~ you are IN!

If there is such a thing as reincarnation, I hope you come back as a cotton plant that gets harvested and manufactured into the underware of a Gamecock coach. That way, you would spend all your days sniffing and catching all the bullsh#t you spouted in this lifetime.

Think about it.

Originally posted by lexgamecock:
What is underware?
You never heard of underware.. its better than duck tape and sold at home depot in the hardwear department

Here here great post OP. So much truth to what you said! This fanbase doesn't want it bad enough. Too satisfied, too complacent!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Complete and total job security-your boss is your mentor and good buddy. Even get contract extensions when you fail to meet expectations. Some guys have all the luck to have a job and boss like that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT