ADVERTISEMENT

If We Start Next Season Without Silva or Bowen...

I tend to think we could be decent without Bowen mainly because we never have had him for a game. Also think with Felder, Silva and Kotsar we have a decent group and Gravett moving back over to shooting guard where he belongs. I could see us being a tournament team without Bowen.

Losing Silva would be a huge blow. Without his presence it could look a lot like last year when he wasn’t in the game...so without Silva I think we’re about like this season and struggling to make the NIT

Bowen is an unknown entity. No way to make a judgement on him.

Getting Felder back will help, but I think we are a .500 team much like this past year. If we get both Silva and Felder back, then I think we are a bubble team. We need Bowen Silva and Felder to have any kind of a special season.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
The only way this team is a NCAA tourney team is with all three playing next year (Silva, Felder, and Bowen). Otherwise I think it will be another long year.

The only way this team is a NCAA tourney team is with all three playing next year (Silva, Felder, and Bowen). Otherwise I think it will be another long year.
I think it could be the longest year of the Martin era - other than the first one - if two of those three don't play.

...how good can we expect to be? I'm not thinking we will be very good. Does anyone seriously think otherwise?

I think it could be the death rattle for our current program and leader. I think we all are prepared for no Bowen, but no silva would be bad.

Top 5: Felder (maybe?) Gravett, Minaya, Hasse, Kotsar....with Hinson and Cudd.....freshmen Frink, Couisnard, and Moss. I guess we would get a grad transfer or 2. We would essentially have a similar season to this year.

To be honest, it may not matter. What will matter is how many from the great instate class we have coming up, decide to be gamecocks. If that number is zero, nothing else matters.

On the other hand, if Bowen and Silva both play next year, we will be NCAA tournament bound and almost guarantee a couple of the SC recruits that have us leading or near the top right now.

So yes....I will be paying attention to the draft projections.

Men's basketball probably under .500, men's baseball probably under .500. Hope this doesn't become a trend.

Even if we get Bowen back he cant play until after Christmas if I recall correctly???

Gravett at shooting guard? Please look up shooting %.

Got to understand a lot of that is shooting 3s off the dribble which again was not his specialty.

For instance, with Dozier and Thornwell in the lineup Kotsar looked like a much better player. Take them out not so much. If Gravett does not have to worry about bringing the ball up the court the shooting % will increase.

Yeah what is taking so long on Bowen eligibility ? Seems like this has been pending forever .
After he transferred to SC (subsequent to his being cleared in the FBI shoe company investigation), Bowen's name was on a list of prospects that received money from an agent (the FBI raided that agent's office in connection with the shoe company probe). The amount he reportedly received was well over the $200 amount that the NCAA typically allows for minor food/travel expense. I would guess that is the hold-up.....as well as probably the reason he will never play here....or anywhere in college.

Here is Christian Dawkins expense sheet....not the handwritten names and amounts on the bottom right:

7a6210544b45c59b759fc6809b01c750

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT