ADVERTISEMENT

IF you subscribe to the Columbia State newspaper do NOT . . .

67gamecock

Oct 3, 2000
Lexington, SC
so much as look at it. Put on rubbergloves, turn your head and throw it in the trashcan. If a fire is convenient . . . burn the damn thing.

Nothing but Clemson today. It is the new Orange and White. So much for the home team, this is a recruiting ploy to make Carolina look bad.

There's a reason no Gamecock should subscribe to it or click on links to articles from it. "TheState" should show as ******** on here.

The State Newspaper isn't there to be a PR Firm for USC. What would you want in it today? There really isn't anything to write about with the Gamecocks.

In our state one of the biggest sports moments in state history just occurred so of course they will talk Clemsonm

The State has an entire website dedicated to Carolina. What else do you want from them? I mean they could certainly write about the awful new logo or Charleston and compliance messing up.

The State Newspaper isn't there to be a PR Firm for USC. What would you want in it today? There really isn't anything to write about with the Gamecocks.

In our state one of the biggest sports moments in state history just occurred so of course they will talk Clemsonm

The State has an entire website dedicated to Carolina. What else do you want from them? I mean they could certainly write about the awful new logo or Charleston and compliance messing up.

Today's issue was completely out-of-bounds. I've never seen anything like it in the 50+ years I've lived in Columbia. Actually, it's more of a commercial production that would have cost Clemson a fortune IF they had paid for it.

Betcha the Greenville News wouldn't have squat about the Gamecocks if they had won the Super Bowl Challenge vs the New England Patriots!

Reactions: 92Pony and cockgun
Today's issue was completely out-of-bounds. I've never seen anything like it in the 50+ years I've lived in Columbia. Actually, it's more of a commercial production that would have cost Clemson a fortune IF they had paid for it.

Betcha the Greenville News wouldn't have squat about the Gamecocks if they had won the Super Bowl Challenge vs the New England Patriots!
Columbia is a large city by S.C. standards. It is the capital city of our state and is situated in the center of this compact state. It has always and should continue to provide coverage of notable events from every area of S.C. Color me not offended. Consider me as thinking that, if our place on the stage is too minor, then it's our job to warrant a more prominent place.

Clemson would have no reason to pay for anything in a newspaper. They are trying to attract teens and college age kids. No one that age reads a paper

The State is in the business to make money and if they did some sort of NC celebration edition for Clemson then that's just because they know fans who normally don't buy the paper will .

I haven't purchased a newspaper in 10 years probably, but following The State on Twitter and some of their writers and it is definitely majority Gamecock stuff online

Clemson winning the championship is one of the 3 biggest sporting events in the history of the state. The other 2 biggest were Clemson's 2 previous national titles. It's gonna get covered to death. Just don't buy it if you don't want it.

Reactions: king ward

The Greenville News doesn't even have a sports section anymore....except what they reprint from other papers. It's the worst damn paper in the state. The Island Packet puts it to shame....and that's bad.

The Greenville News doesn't even have a sports section anymore....except what they reprint from other papers. It's the worst damn paper in the state. The Island Packet puts it to shame....and that's bad.
I went by their building in Greenville some time ago in the middle of a workday. The place was almost deserted.

Reactions: rogue cock
I went by their building in Greenville some time ago in the middle of a workday. The place was almost deserted.
All their articles are from the AP wire. I've never seen a "major" newspaper do anything like that. My parents quit getting it and started getting the Herald-Journal because of the lack of reporting in the Greenville News...especially absolutely no reporting of the HS football games on Saturday morning.

All their articles are from the AP wire. I've never seen a "major" newspaper do anything like that. My parents quit getting it and started getting the Herald-Journal because of the lack of reporting in the Greenville News...especially absolutely no reporting of the HS football games on Saturday morning.
Spartanburg has a far better paper.

Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT