ADVERTISEMENT

Interim AD at Arkansas

Arkansas would have to bring a boatload of money to get Mahlzane (sp). If I'm him I stay at Auburn for any money Ark throws at me.
Malzahn has been on a slightly warm seat at Auburn for a while. I think he'll go while the gettin's good. Auburn's big boosters are difficult to deal with.

Auburn fans do not suffer the ebbs very well....it was but a few months ago that Malzahn was looking over his shoulder. With the openings in the SEC....a proven commodity like Gus can name his price and pretty much set the table for his staffs families for years to come. If I was him I would already have my bags packed.

Reactions: rogue cock
This is why you have to have a president that makes it clear to an interim AD or coach that they're just a warm body for now, they make no decisions without your approval. Otherwise you have a crapshow like this and Tennessee.

Supposedly Arkansas is going after the Auburn coach. FWIW.
I can't imagine why he would leave Auburn for Arky just when he's getting it rolling. He wouldn't be getting away from Bama and Auburn is a place you can win big at. I like Beilema (sp?) but looking at his record, I don't know how he stayed 5 years.

I can't imagine why he would leave Auburn for Arky just when he's getting it rolling. He wouldn't be getting away from Bama and Auburn is a place you can win big at. I like Beilema (sp?) but looking at his record, I don't know how he stayed 5 years.
Bieliema inherited a cluster at Ark. and he clearly did not meet expectations but he left them better than when he arrived

I really can't see them letting an interim AD hire a new coach and a new AD. Probably should have stuck it out with Bielema one more season and get the new AD first.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT