ADVERTISEMENT

Is anyone excited for next season at all?

Not currently but it will pass. Yesterday was a pretty demoralizing loss. On top of that, our schedule next year is brutal.

I remember doing a lot of fishing and other stuff the year after being crushed by Connecticut.
That next year we beat #1 Alabama at our place.
Repeat?
I was at the last Bama game and truly thought we had a shot if we played well and we did. If we play our best next year Bama will still crush us. Look at our coaches then and now. Lmao

You need to be careful if your psyche is sensitive.

I've been watching games for the last 31 years. The first Clemson game I ever attended was in 1988, where I wore a Todd Ellis jersey and was harassed by Clemson fans the whole miserable game. I went to the 63-17 game (and every other loss to Clemson from 1988 to 2015), the Papajohns.com Bowl, the Marshal game, the most recent Citadel game, the 1988 FSU game, the 1995 Florida game, the 2001 Florida game, and many of the other great losses of this program's history. I'd say my psyche is in tact. It's easy to be a Clemson or Alabama or Georgia or Florida fan or a Duke or UNC basketball fan. No one becomes a Carolina fan because it's easy.

I’ll be at Bama because my niece goes there, and a whole bunch of family is planning on coming to that debacle. As for the extra season tickets I was considering before yesterday (or any for that matter) no. I will keep the GC Club membership because that still supports athletes and coaches here that are actually worth a damn.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Yes. I love Gamecock sports. It's not as enjoyable when losing but at the end of the day, it really has no impact on my life. I'm just a spectator.

Last year we finished bowl game great and knew we had a schedule that we could do something with. However we really let that opportunity and excitement go with blow out to Georgia and another loss to Kentucky.
This year we get shut out in the bowl (not to mention we have not scored in 6 straight quarters of football, no points in 90 minutes) and we see a schedule that is absolutely brutal ahead of us. I really can’t say I am excited to see a 6-6 season next year especially if players have same effort they had in this game at all. It’s going to take alot to make me feel next year will be a good one.
Maybe after a few days I feel better but this game sends me to off season completely indifferent.

One word: Nope.

Nope. I don't like the brand of defense we play and it now appears our offensive game plan is primarily to avoid confrontation. I have never seen myself and the program so far apart. Hope I feel differently next year, but I got to get a better vibe from somewhere, something or someone.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I’m gonna spend a lot more of next summer in the sand, and with my girls, one of which is going to be 16. How’d that happen? But anyway, maybe I’ll come around by September.....

Im ready for baseball. I seriously doubt I set foot in WB next year. I actually might go to some away games just because its a mini vacation with cool things to do. Beale St and a Cardinals game on the way to Mizzou make it a great trip even if Bryant runs through us like Swiss cheese.

Last year we finished bowl game great and knew we had a schedule that we could do something with. However we really let that opportunity and excitement go with blow out to Georgia and another loss to Kentucky.
This year we get shut out in the bowl (not to mention we have not scored in 6 straight quarters of football, no points in 90 minutes) and we see a schedule that is absolutely brutal ahead of us. I really can’t say I am excited to see a 6-6 season next year especially if players have same effort they had in this game at all. It’s going to take alot to make me feel next year will be a good one.
Maybe after a few days I feel better but this game sends me to off season completely indifferent.

I can’t wait! I’ll read all I can about the incoming class and coaching plans. There’s bound to be changes made to the strength and conditioning program so I’ll be interested to see how those pan out. I’m a fan of the game and I believe in the way Muschamp is building the program. I’m happy to be a Gamecock!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT