ADVERTISEMENT

I've been a Gamecock fan my whole life

In my opinion, the reason we are mediocre at South Carolina is because we do not know how to properly hire. Our AD is a hall of fame baseball coach with no real AD experience. Our football coach was fired from Florida, the flagship university of an extremely talent rich state with tons of winning tradition. Yet, we hire him and expect him to achieve great things here?
Our basketball coach was a on his way out at Kansas State because he did not get along with the AD....maybe because he was never able to capitalize on his success of the elite eight run? Then he calls Ray ( Ray did not contact him) and Ray hires him. Maybe it is Pastides and the BOT that has been letting the ship run off course?
You make some good points here. But Hyman hired Frank, not Ray.

3 of these coaches have no incentive to come here (Leach, Campbell, Huepel), 1 has already been fired by an SEC program (Kiffen), and another just lost to an SEC program by like 50 points (Brohm). Try again...

Ever been to Pullman, Washington? Leach is crazy enough to come here if shown enough love. It’ll never happen though

I've been a Gamecock all of my life. I remember spending Saturday afternoons back in the 60's listening to the games on the radio. On winter nights listening to the basketball team during the McGuire glory years. Somehow I even earned a diploma from Carolina in 1980. As an adult I have spent hard earned dollars that probably could have been spent more wisely following the Gamecocks. It has been a roller coaster. Many highs and a lot of lows.

There is no doubt yesterday was one of those lows. The team just seemed to be totally flat and stale. I noticed how much more enthusiastic the UVA players were. How they were jumping up and down on the sidelines. They wanted to win! Our players looked like they didn't give a damn!

No doubt yesterday was a major let down! Our injury situation was a factor. It is strange that our offense that kicked Clemson's ass played so poorly against UVA. I believe this performance is on the coaches. Is McClendon over his head? As much as I hate Clemson and their clown coach Dabo, you have to give the clown credit he has surrounded himself with quality assistants. This has a lot to do with their success! Muschamp must do the same.

Anyway, I'm 100% behind Muschamp! He is a young dedicated and hard working coach! I firmly believe he is the right man at the right time. We must be patient and give him enough time to rebuild from the Spurrier disaster! Hopefully the pieces will start coming together soon. I'm confident that they will as long as we are patient and allow the time for it to happen. Our history shows that we have not been patient in the past. That has had a lot to do with who we are today.

Reactions: PC31
You could have gotten Hugh Freeze. He went to Liberty. He is a great, great coach. I watched Muschamp screw up UF for 4 years. When he left the offensive talent was zero. He made our QB's worse. They left UF and then went on to be great at other teams. I can't explain why he is a horrible head coach, he just is? Dump him as soon as possible for your own sanity.

You could have gotten Hugh Freeze. He went to Liberty. He is a great, great coach. I watched Muschamp screw up UF for 4 years. When he left the offensive talent was zero. He made our QB's worse. They left UF and then went on to be great at other teams. I can't explain why he is a horrible head coach, he just is? Dump him as soon as possible for your own sanity.
I dare say 90% of us never wanted him. I literally shook my head when we hired him.

I've been a Gamecock all of my life. I remember spending Saturday afternoons back in the 60's listening to the games on the radio. On winter nights listening to the basketball team during the McGuire glory years. Somehow I even earned a diploma from Carolina in 1980. As an adult I have spent hard earned dollars that probably could have been spent more wisely following the Gamecocks. It has been a roller coaster. Many highs and a lot of lows.

There is no doubt yesterday was one of those lows. The team just seemed to be totally flat and stale. I noticed how much more enthusiastic the UVA players were. How they were jumping up and down on the sidelines. They wanted to win! Our players looked like they didn't give a damn!

No doubt yesterday was a major let down! Our injury situation was a factor. It is strange that our offense that kicked Clemson's ass played so poorly against UVA. I believe this performance is on the coaches. Is McClendon over his head? As much as I hate Clemson and their clown coach Dabo, you have to give the clown credit he has surrounded himself with quality assistants. This has a lot to do with their success! Muschamp must do the same.

Anyway, I'm 100% behind Muschamp! He is a young dedicated and hard working coach! I firmly believe he is the right man at the right time. We must be patient and give him enough time to rebuild from the Spurrier disaster! Hopefully the pieces will start coming together soon. I'm confident that they will as long as we are patient and allow the time for it to happen. Our history shows that we have not been patient in the past. That has had a lot to do with who we are today.
So what staff haven't we been patient with? Im sick of hearing false narratives pushed by our fans. Richard Bell is about the only coach we didnt give 4 years. We are pathetic patient losers. Thats our damn problem. We are too damn patient. A winning school would fire Muschamp after this debacle. We lose by 21 to our rival and our fans feel good about it. Pathetic. Houston is firing Applewhite. We are giving out raises. Sick of our lame ass fans and our AD. Just sick of it all. He just needs more time. Total BS. The next 2 years will be 4 or 5 wins. Fire him now and you might salvage something.

So what staff haven't we been patient with? Im sick of hearing false narratives pushed by our fans. Richard Bell is about the only coach we didnt give 4 years. We are pathetic patient losers. Thats our damn problem. We are too damn patient. A winning school would fire Muschamp after this debacle. We lose by 21 to our rival and our fans feel good about it. Pathetic. Houston is firing Applewhite. We are giving out raises. Sick of our lame ass fans and our AD. Just sick of it all. He just needs more time. Total BS. The next 2 years will be 4 or 5 wins. Fire him now and you might salvage something.

You are a dumb ass if you think this program can be turned around in three years after the Spurrier disaster! Great solution Einstein! Lets fire Muschamp and start all over! Hell, lets hire Sabin for $20 million a year and he will have us a National Championship in year 1! You know it's that simple don't you?

You are a dumb ass if you think this program can be turned around in three years after the Spurrier disaster! Great solution Einstein! Lets fire Muschamp and start all over! Hell, lets hire Sabin for $20 million a year and he will have us a National Championship in year 1! You know it's that simple don't you?

The difference between our program and those that win consistently is they do not put up with this type of bull crap. A coach at an Auburn will be desperate to keep his job knowing that he is one bad step away from he and his family and those of his assistant coaches looking for real estate listing at the drop of a hat. We in Gamecock land are apparently a union town and it takes a blood stained knife found under a coaches pillow to fire him. U think Clemson would put up with it?....school in the same state...same recruiting ground....but very different results over the coarse of many years. We lose because as a fanbase we accept it....we gripe about it but we in the end accept it. With what Muschamp and his team showed this Saturday their lives would be in danger in some spots.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Some of you people live in la-la land. There are no good coaches who would want to come here. The South Carolina football program is a coach’s graveyard. This is NOBODY’S dream job. It’s a mediocre football school at best, that is inferior to most other schools. That’s the way it has been for decades, and that’s what it will be. So quit dreaming of some savior coach to come fix this school. It will not happen. Period. End of story.

I agree to an extent....it is hard even for big time programs to get top tier coaches sometimes. But a lot of who is hot and who is not is subjective and about being in the right place and time...it is like actresses and who is hot at the moment..wait a minute and it will be someone else.

What we should do is have and AD with the knowledge to dfind competent coaches that are up and comers..give them a shot with small contracts and fire their asses when they do not get the job done. Keep them only if they do get it done.

Tanner said that Lincoln Riley wasn't ready to be a head coach when we had the chance to land him. Is he coaching anywhere tonight? Oh wait! In the Orange Bowl against Bama.
Yeah really. But Ray was ready to be an AD at a big time school. You'd think he'd jump at the chance to given him his first job. Foolish move on his part to let him get away.

The difference between our program and those that win consistently is they do not put up with this type of bull crap. A coach at an Auburn will be desperate to keep his job knowing that he is one bad step away from he and his family and those of his assistant coaches looking for real estate listing at the drop of a hat. We in Gamecock land are apparently a union town and it takes a blood stained knife found under a coaches pillow to fire him. U think Clemson would put up with it?....school in the same state...same recruiting ground....but very different results over the coarse of many years. We lose because as a fanbase we accept it....we gripe about it but we in the end accept it. With what Muschamp and his team showed this Saturday their lives would be in danger in some spots.

Lives in danger??? Damn man, where in the hell are you from?

Reactions: gamecockblack
So how did a unknown wide receiver coach transfer Clemson to a powerhouse football team?
Same way Danny Ford did it in the 80's....Boo$ter$! Amazing that both Danny and Dabo come from Bama. Kinda makes you wonder why Clemson keeps going back to the Bama well too get coaches? Remember when they hired Dabo all we heard was how much Dabo reminded them of Danny Ford!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT