ADVERTISEMENT

I've been telling UGA fans...

In all fairness, they ended the year pretty good last year, too. Finishing second and all...
Based off what I see year after year, they would of been in Pre-Season Champ Mode regardless of how they finished last season. Normally a stellar recruiting class is enough.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
Let's go easy on the smack talk.

Yeah, really. I think we’ve overachieved the last 2 seasons, but we haven’t done enough damage to be talking smack to anyone. We won 3 games last season that could have easily gone the other way, and would have ended with only 6 W’s. The thing is we didn’t, and that is a departure from how many Gamecock teams in the past finished games, so that is reason to be optimistic, but as someone has already stated, let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

Please!!! We'll talk smack!! Kick ass and take names!!! Nothing the Mutts can do about it!!

gotta swing away while we can.

Reality arrives 9/8/18 I like being the feature game, but wish it was a 7/8pm kick. We are going to have to hydrate sports fans to be at our peak by 330PM.

Yeah, really. I think we’ve overachieved the last 2 seasons, but we haven’t done enough damage to be talking smack to anyone. We won 3 games last season that could have easily gone the other way, and would have ended with only 6 W’s. The thing is we didn’t, and that is a departure from how many Gamecock teams in the past finished games, so that is reason to be optimistic, but as someone has already stated, let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

Lost 3 games they coulda/shoulda won as well..

I don't get smack, never have. The more smack you talk, the more s--t you gotta eat, seems.

Besides, I prefer Theodore Roosevelt's philosophy. Speak softly and carry a big whoopass stick.

And that said, Georgia is No. 2 on my unholy trinity, right between Clemson and Ohio State.

Outside Clemson, few teams have more shaven-headed, lard-assed, bad-breathed, yellow-toothed, possum-eating, mudpuddle bellyflopping, toilet-seat-sliding, chicken-fertilizer-farming, cousin-dating, tobaccy chawing, meth-cooking, public-assistance-frauding, goat-roping, Keystone-beer-drinking, lawnmower-thieving, tattoo-wearing, plastic-pool-peeing pretentious for no-damn-reason-on-this-planet peckerwoods in the fanbase than UGA.

You know why UGA has a damn bulldog for a mascot? The players thought she was cute and might put out on the first date.

That's what started it.

We also lost two games that likely would have gone the other way, and one that might have, if our Heisman candidate hadn't got his leg broken. I'm looking forward to welcoming the Dawgs to Columbia in a couple months.

After the Elliot season I was scared. Scared we would be down a while......
Thanks to Champ & the crew, no scared.

Interesting article on talent in the SEC East. Say what you will, but Kirby has changed a few things in Athens.
http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/comparing-floridas-talent-to-its-sec-east-rivals/

How did all those stars & decimal points work out for Rocky Bottom & the all mouth crocs last year?
I know Dan Mullin will get things together but I hope the psycho fans and alumni poison the water before he gets established & rolling. There’s already some history during his first stay there.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
I said it last season and I'll keep saying it: There are a handful of teams across the land that are consistently over rated. UGA is in that mix along with Noodle Lame, Southern Cal, Clemson......etc. These same teams also have the most delusional fan bases.

The reality with UGA is this: (and I said this last year and took a LOT of flack for it) UGA is a tough football team to beat. Period. But they are NOT "elite" and that's what rubs me wrong about their fans. They want desperately to matter in the football universe, and the reality is.....they simply don't and haven't for quite some time. And until they win a Natty, nothing is going to change that reality.

I said it last season and I'll keep saying it: There are a handful of teams across the land that are consistently over rated. UGA is in that mix along with Noodle Lame, Southern Cal, Clemson......etc. These same teams also have the most delusional fan bases.

The reality with UGA is this: (and I said this last year and took a LOT of flack for it) UGA is a tough football team to beat. Period. But they are NOT "elite" and that's what rubs me wrong about their fans. They want desperately to matter in the football universe, and the reality is.....they simply don't and haven't for quite some time. And until they win a Natty, nothing is going to change that reality.
So what does that make South Carolina?

If you don't think enough of your team to talk a little smack you're scared. If you're scared say ya scared who cares what Jawga did last season kick dat butt.

great to see a true fan gets it... The days of being timid about facing dawgs and taters is over... The Gamecocks are back and ready to kick serious ass... I have no doubts whatsoever, we will beat Jawja this year

That's all that is fair to say at this point. Should be two good teams going at it in the afternoon sun.

what's fair got to do with anything?? We are talking about a game? Some feel very confident!! If you dwell at the altar of fear that's your problem.. But don't suggest we are wrong for knowing the Cocks will kick the mutts in the ass this fall

what!!....Clemson has been in National Championship game 3 years in a row... winning 1 NC..enough said

you're just a little bias

Dawgs by 10
I expect we cover the spread. Winning depends on the offense showing up. If the offense that woke up in the last third of the Michigan game and scored at will against the #3 defense in the nation plays, then we will be fighting for a win against Georgia. Keep Georgia's offense off the field and our defense fairs better.

The defense bailed us out of an embarrassment last year, that and Georgia playing conservative to avoid injuries right before the SEC Championship. We must avoid the three and outs this year. Play offense consistently like the bowl game and we start racking up big wins. If we played Georgia late in the year, like last year, we would lose by the current spread of 11, or close to that, with their new players having gained experience. Our only legitimate shot is this very early game at home, with our experienced offense (if they show up). Next year we will be in position to play at elite status. No wins garuanteed , but the blowouts should be avoidable, and being SEC East Champions is attainable. Rack up another stellar recruiting class and we can look toward beating Clemson again.

Last edited:

Says a guy whose team has had only 3 seasons with 10 plus wins. Says a guy whose team has a total of 9 bowl wins in its existence. Says a guy whose team has never won a conference championship..ever. Yet, you worry if Georgia matters in college football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT