ADVERTISEMENT

Jack (Snakebitten) Leggett

wallycock

Oct 11, 2001
As we all impatiently wait to see who our next baseball HC is going to be, it is more than amusing to me that 2 of the names thrown around as candidates are former Jackleg assistants (Corbin and O'Sullivan), each of whom have succeeded far greater than him. Both have played for the title more than once, and both have won one.

Jack leg will forever live with the legacy that he choked away every opportunity to win it all, going 0-2 in the CWS vs the Gamecocks on 2 separate occasions, and 0-1 in Regional play. My memory doesn't go back any further, so if we played them in the post-season in other years, I just don't recall. It just puts a smile on my face knowing Clemson's HOF coach went 0-5 (that I can remember) against the Gamecocks when it counted the most!

As we all impatiently wait to see who our next baseball HC is going to be, it is more than amusing to me that 2 of the names thrown around as candidates are former Jackleg assistants (Corbin and O'Sullivan), each of whom have succeeded far greater than him. Both have played for the title more than once, and both have won one.

Jack leg will forever live with the legacy that he choked away every opportunity to win it all, going 0-2 in the CWS vs the Gamecocks on 2 separate occasions, and 0-1 in Regional play. My memory doesn't go back any further, so if we played them in the post-season in other years, I just don't recall. It just puts a smile on my face knowing Clemson's HOF coach went 0-5 (that I can remember) against the Gamecocks when it counted the most!
0-6

I would bet Leggett is extremely proud that his assistants have done as well as they have.

Back when the Old Goat was coaching they knocked us out in a Regional in Columbia and one in Clemsux.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT