ADVERTISEMENT

Jake

nccock622

Nov 18, 2017
Do you know if he's coming back next year or transferring? My guess is transferring, but let me know.

I think that he is going to stay and compete. You never know if his number will be called and Dak stayed.
Why would he wanna stay and compete? Besides breaking records at Carolina there’s nothing else here for him. And if he wins the Job then everybody would say it’s because his daddy is on the staff. Plus I think Bobby will take another Job next year and Jake will follow him. I’ll be shocked if he stays, and I won’t blame him ‘at all’ if he leaves.

Why would he wanna stay and compete? Besides breaking records at Carolina there’s nothing else here for him. And if he wins the Job then everybody would say it’s because his daddy is on the staff. Plus I think Bobby will take another Job next year and Jake will follow him. I’ll be shocked if he stays, and I won’t blame him ‘at all’ if he leaves.
He will leave like most of his generation would do. Looking for the greener grass on the other side and not seeing there is cow poop every where on that side also. He should talk to Feaster

He will leave like most of his generation would do. Looking for the greener grass on the other side and not seeing there is cow poop every where on that side also. He should talk to Feaster
Bentley is in a whole different situation then what Feaster was in. Tevien never started at Clemson and he was down a spot going into this season. Jake started for an SEC team for 3 years and was the starter again until he got hurt. There’s plenty of teams in college football that would start him immediately, and some of those teams are in the southeastern conference. I’m with you.” I can’t stand the new transfer rule, I wanna see kids finish we’re they “started, but it’s a new ballgame and everybody seems to be playing it. Even us! We’ve had our share of transfers these last couple years too.

He is gone. Hilinski is everybody's favorite new toy, and any issues he could run into will be explained away by being a freshman. You have Doty coming in. And of course you still have the minority that thinks if Joyner would only be given a shot that he would be a generational QB. And Muschamp will be going into a critical year in regards to his job security. Can one imagine how quickly he would get thrown under the bus if the team didnt take an unexpected jump and he gave the QB job back to Bentley. And according to his comments from the summer, Bentley thinks he has a future in the NFL. Whether those are realistic, or not, one would think he would want to go to a place where he knows he will be the starter so he can have one last chance to market his skills.

I think he stays and if Hilinski has a terrible game, he gets a shot. I hope he stays. We need his leadership.
I’m glad you have faith in Ryan Hilinski. He’s given the Gamecock faithful hope, and I’m pulling for the young man and his family; but there’s no way Jake stays here and plays behind him. Especially since Hilinski hasn’t proven he’s the better player! I know many of our fans look at his game against CSU and Bama and say “Wow”, this kid is special! And yes he looked good in those games, and he looked like the 5 star they said he was coming out of High School. I was surprised myself at how good he looked, because I didn’t think he was that good in High School and I wasn’t impressed with him during the spring game, but then I took a step back and evaluated the situation.

First off Charleston Southern is awful and they were outgunned and plus they had film on “Jake Bentley, none on Ryan Hilinski so they had no idea of his tendencies, or how he would be used in our offense. The same thing with Alabama, they had no idea what was coming because we threw everything at CSU since the coaches knew they couldn’t stop it. So Bama’s defense was in the same boat, they didn’t know how to defend him “either, so they relied on their athletes to try and make plays, and they got burnt several times for it!

Now he might’ve been hurt against Missouri and that explains his performance up there, but he didn’t look good against Kentucky either, maybe his elbow is still bothering him I don’t know; but I will say this, the Ryan Hilinski I saw the last two games is what I expected! And you can check out some of my old post and see where I said he “wasn’t ready!” And I said I hope he proves me wrong and it looked like he had, but I digress. The rest of the year I think Hilinski is gonna struggle, and he’s gonna have a hard time beating out Luke Doty next year. That’s if Doty sticks to his commitment!

He is gone. Hilinski is everybody's favorite new toy, and any issues he could run into will be explained away by being a freshman. You have Doty coming in. And of course you still have the minority that thinks if Joyner would only be given a shot that he would be a generational QB. And Muschamp will be going into a critical year in regards to his job security. Can one imagine how quickly he would get thrown under the bus if the team didnt take an unexpected jump and he gave the QB job back to Bentley. And according to his comments from the summer, Bentley thinks he has a future in the NFL. Whether those are realistic, or not, one would think he would want to go to a place where he knows he will be the starter so he can have one last chance to market his skills.
Jake Bentley will moat definitely be an NFL QB. He has the size, intelligence, and a great arm that can make all the throws. His biggest problem is his in the stress he puts on himself at the college level and the NFL will solve this and get the most out of what he CAN do, and that's throwing the football. He may, and most likely will transfer to a CFB team that has a more balanced attack where he will thrive and show more of his talents and not have to worry about the boo birds. JMO ofcourse.

Reactions: Brace1
If he can sport khakis State Farm says they'll take him.

I certainly hope he is able to put it together somehow and make a career out of FB.

Sorry, but this is all I can think of now.
cAtGZs.gif

Reactions: Gaimcock

He does what’s best for him based on the situation not what you grew up hearing your grandfather say making blanket statements and assertions in the good ol boy generation. Yes there are ppl in my generation that suck but there are people in yours that do too.

Reactions: ddw1263
He does what’s best for him based on the situation not what you grew up hearing your grandfather say making blanket statements and assertions in the good ol boy generation. Yes there are ppl in my generation that suck but there are people in yours that do too.
I love when folks younger than some of my guitar straps pontificate to older generations, sharing the wisdom gleaned from all their years and experience with cell phones and twitter. Wisdom aplenty.

Reactions: Zann77
Never said anything about sucking. Just suggesting he might not see the forest for the trees and leaving won’t guarantee he starts elsewhere. Feaster can relate if you can’t lol

Never said anything about sucking. Just suggesting he might not see the forest for the trees and leaving won’t guarantee he starts elsewhere. Feaster can relate if you can’t lol
He might not but he sure as hell might. Feaster was All SEC team this week at RB according to one publication. Had over 100 yds in a conference game. He's doing ok here and arguably getting highlighted more than he would at Clemson.

Last edited:
I love when folks younger than some of my guitar straps pontificate to older generations, sharing the wisdom gleaned from all their years and experience with cell phones and twitter. Wisdom aplenty.

I don't have twitter or instagram or promote myself on social media. I started a business at age 21. I worked 100 hours a week for 3 years as an entrepreneur building it and had 12 employees and 60 1099s on my payroll at one time. I had a bad business partner (who was 42 years old) who left me with $80,000 debt at age 24. I didn't file for bankruptcy and went door to door selling stuff to make the money to pay back my debt to all that I owed. I have helped build a successful start up and now work for a large company traveling more than 50% of the time. I've been to 44 states and 8 countries. I bust my ass and always have. I agree there are those in my generation that fit your profile; however the problem with the older generation is ignorance to anything other than traditions. The "this is how it's done because my grandfather told me or how we always have done it.." is just plain ignorance/laziness and self importance. Hubris is the word and it is NOT wisdom. I have met plenty a fools that are 50+ years old. And I guarantee you I would head to head wear you down with anything business related and definitely outwork you.

Last edited:
He might not but he sure as hell might. Feaster was All SEC team this week at RB according to one publication. Had over 100 yds in a conference game. He's doing ok here and arguably getting highlighted more than he would at Clemson.[/QUOTE
Changing teams won’t help unless the team has 8ft tall receivers. Truth

Feaster would probably tell him the grass is greener on the other side lol

I don't have twitter or instagram or promote myself on social media. I started a business at age 21. I worked 100 hours a week for 3 years as an entrepreneur building it and had 12 employees and 60 1099s on my payroll at one time. I had a bad business partner (who was 42 years old) who left me with $80,000 debt at age 24. I didn't file for bankruptcy and went door to door selling stuff to make the money to pay back my debt to all that I owed. I have helped build a successful start up and now work for a large company traveling more than 50% of the time. I've been to 44 states and 8 countries. I bust my ass and always have. I agree there are those in my generation that fit your profile; however the problem with the older generation is ignorance to anything other than traditions. The "this is how it's done because my grandfather told me or how we always have done it.." is just plain ignorance/laziness and self importance. Hubris is the word and it is NOT wisdom. I have met plenty a fools that are 50+ years old. And I guarantee you I would head to head wear you down with anything business related and definitely outwork you.
I can relate. I joke about millenials with my millennial nephews and son but its the same in every generation. I had a temp job at a factory on the floor one time and was told by the older 50 plus year olds on my team to slow down. They said if they kept that production up the managers would expect it all the time...no lie. So much for the boomers.

My son just turned 25. He owns a nice house near Lake Greenwood and has a good job at Duke. There's a lot of great Millennials out there, no matter how bad I rib my nephews and son lol.

Man you're damned near tellin' my story there - I only been to 46 states though!! And I'm dead serious!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT