ADVERTISEMENT

Jam and Charleston out for the year

Ibe and Harvey still out too. Those guys were supposed to supply some much-needed depth at safety this year. Hasn't worked out. Sucks.

I think our offense better be prepared to score as many points as possible. I don’t think defensively we are going to slow anyone down. Don’t know that our offense is capable. That was not exactly a bama or klempson defense we played yesterday. 35 plus points has to be the goal.

D$#!^&!...the offense will need to sustain drives from here on out if we want to keep our secondary from getting torched on every possession by our opponent.

Do we have any freshmen that are ready, since they can play 4 games and not lose their redshirt? I know 1(Horn) is playing but not sure about the others. Dickerson played so hopefully he can help.

As for the topic of this thread: certainly a difficult situation for the team and staff, having to patchwork a really thin secondary. Still, we have 7 (I think I counted correctly) secondary guys on scholarship who are available. Next man up.

Now, on to a larger theme of the season: injuries. This team has really struggled to stay healthy. Having seen many of the injuries take place during games, I think its just bad luck/bad timing. I don't think (or at least, I hope it isn't) its recruiting kids with iffy bodies or an iffy S&C program. Maybe we are due for a really healthy season next year.

As for the topic of this thread: certainly a difficult situation for the team and staff, having to patchwork a really thin secondary. Still, we have 7 (I think I counted correctly) secondary guys on scholarship who are available. Next man up.

Now, on to a larger theme of the season: injuries. This team has really struggled to stay healthy. Having seen many of the injuries take place during games, I think its just bad luck/bad timing. I don't think (or at least, I hope it isn't) its recruiting kids with iffy bodies or an iffy S&C program. Maybe we are due for a really healthy season next year.
We are undersized a lot of places on defense. Y'all saw the reflection of this liability against UGA, UK, and A&M. It's just a fact. It has ramifications both in terms of the level of play, but also with respect to injury susceptibility.

Last edited:
Reactions: rogue cock
Safety has been the worse position on this team all year so I don’t know how much worse it can get. What type of shoulder injury does Jam have now? He was out last year and periodically this year with a shoulder. Same shoulder?

I think we are down to 3 safeties. They'll have to move a CB over.

Reactions: king ward
I think part of it is when you have to play all out every play of every game, it really takes a toll. Teams like Bama have singular guys that make plays, which sort of spreads out the hit total... that might be an interesting statistic to track.

Can Edwards play both ways? Sorta joking, but he is probably the best DB we have in the WR corps.
I wouldn't be surprised to see him take 5-7 defensive snaps at some point. The team is nearing the point where it will be necessary.

it really hurts when so many injuries strip out one position. One year long ago it happened to the ol and we had to move dl and get them ready to play an SEC toughie the following Saturday. Holtz's first year I think.

I'm thinking more Randrecous Davis if this was an actual realistic move we had to make

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT