ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry Meyer pitching coach.

I'll tell you what...Next time one of you JM haters sees Ray Tanner, tell him that Meyers sucks, and see what he says. Better yet...Ask the pitchers on staff. You talk about JM using the same pitchers all the time...Anybody watch Florida this year? O'Sullivan used the SAME pitchers on weekends and playoff games.
Never said he sucked. Just time for a change. Of course this is my opinion which at the end of the day doesn't matter.

I'll tell you what...Next time one of you JM haters sees Ray Tanner, tell him that Meyers sucks, and see what he says. Better yet...Ask the pitchers on staff. You talk about JM using the same pitchers all the time...Anybody watch Florida this year? O'Sullivan used the SAME pitchers on weekends and playoff games.
O'Sullivan?!? One of the criticisms of KOS as pitching coach at Clemson was that he relied on too few arms. He and Meyer seem to be from the same school. Obviously, it can work...just prefer having more arms available to pitch and using those arms much like Calvi does. Not surprised that UF would do the same....especially considering the starting 3/4 he had this year.

Playoffs?

Reactions: lostcock
Your opinion is worthless against statistical fact. KOS is criticized? He's been to the CWS 6 of the last 8 years...just won the Championship. Oh...that's a wise criticism?

Your opinion is worthless against statistical fact. KOS is criticized? He's been to the CWS 6 of the last 8 years...just won the Championship. Oh...that's a wise criticism?
I said WAS a criticism when he was at Clemson. I have no idea what Florida fans view of his handling of pitchers are. I do know he's had the talent at Florida to win a lot....he was also known as a great recruiter at Clemson and has continued that at Florida.

rogue cockWell-Known Member
New

I said WAS a criticism when he was at Clemson. I have no idea what Florida fans view of his handling of pitchers are. I do know he's had the talent at Florida to win a lot....he was also known as a great recruiter at Clemson and has continued that at Florida.

My point is...He's had the same M.O. his entire career. The guy just wins! Carolina has won a lot too. Second to FSU in wins...since 2000.

With Faedo and Singer I'd agree but the guy that won the final game for UF was making his third start of the season.

Better pitchers.

Blaming our season on a pitching coach is like blaming the weather man for the weather. The guy does have over 15 yrs with the program and he didn't get call strike three with runners on. Perfect coach nope, bad coach nope. Maybe Kingston wanted a familiar face to the players on staff who knew the players.

someone needs to file a bill of attainder or draft articles of impeachment post haste

S.O.B.
So I guess the bar is set at making the NCAA Tourney every year and an occasionally a SR? No way we'll ever win it all again using 5 out of 15 pitchers throughout the season, including losing 2-3 to injury, and then trying to use the rest once the tournament starts.
How many times do we have to watch this movie before we remember the ending?
I remember that exact script ending with three consecutive trips to the NC game, with two of the teams bringing the trophy home with them! Jerry Meyers was not a bad pitching coach ANY year he has been here. We couldn't HIT the past few years, that is why we have struggled. Pitching was great this year and every year he has been here. Some of y'all are completely LOST

Reactions: USCBIRDS
Blaming our season on a pitching coach is like blaming the weather man for the weather. The guy does have over 15 yrs with the program and he didn't get call strike three with runners on. Perfect coach nope, bad coach nope. Maybe Kingston wanted a familiar face to the players on staff who knew the players.
Can you say Elliot.....

I remember that exact script ending with three consecutive trips to the NC game, with two of the teams bringing the trophy home with them! Jerry Meyers was not a bad pitching coach ANY year he has been here. We couldn't HIT the past few years, that is why we have struggled. Pitching was great this year and every year he has been here. Some of y'all are completely LOST
8th in the SEC is great? 11th in the SEC in 2015 was great? And we just happened to miss the postseason both years. Was that the only reason? No. But it was a BIG part of why we didn't.

Batgirl...What were the pitching stats for the other 13 years? You don't want to post them?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT