ADVERTISEMENT

2024 7 SEC loses very likely

You be you. As I've aged, I realized fighting reality isn't very good for the mind or body. We're talking about several years before any change might occur. I'd personally rather stay optimistic that we will find some missing pieces and improve our situation.

I agree we're talking a few years, barring that total meltdown.

But that shouldn't stop us from discussing what's going on in the meantime,right?

I mean, we really are 4-6. And other than 2 patsies and Vandy, our lone win is Mississippi State, who just fired their coach.

Reactions: uscwatson21
I agree we're talking a few years, barring that total meltdown.

But that shouldn't stop us from discussing what's going on in the meantime,right?

I mean, we really are 4-6. And other than 2 patsies and Vandy, our lone win is Mississippi State, who just fired their coach.

Looking forward to all the posters who argue you should never cut bait with a coach after one year, even though it's obvious you should. Watch MSU upgrade while we continue to decline.

Looking forward to all the posters who argue you should never cut bait with a coach after one year, even though it's obvious you should. Watch MSU upgrade while we continue to decline.

I believe that guy was basically an interim coach with a slim shot of taking the job full time.

No inside knowledge, just my opinion.

lol wishing for it? I wish we would have hired a competent coach.

But ignoring the reality is what got Beamer that extension.
What are you actually accomplishing though? What is the purpose of coming on here all the time and constantly berating our coach and football program? Just curious.

What are you actually accomplishing though? What is the purpose of coming on here all the time and constantly berating our coach and football program? Just curious.
ADs follow the mood of the fanbase. Helping paint a more accurate picture of our situation will expedite fixing the coaching issue.

If we follow your approach Beamer will be our coach in 2025. If we follow my approach we will have a new coach in 2025.

ADs follow the mood of the fanbase. Helping paint a more accurate picture of our situation will expedite fixing the coaching issue.

If we follow your approach Beamer will be our coach in 2025. If we follow my approach we will have a new coach in 2025.
I guess. Good luck with that endeavor.

Allow me to answer. If nothing else it's the acceptance of reality and the dismissal of the acceptance of mediocrity. It is speaking out against an idiotic hire of a SEC Head Coach without any experience. It is the weekly verification of a totally senseless hire. In this particular case, the quicker we get rid of Frank's BOY, the better off we will be. And keeping quiet about his inabilities and supporting irrational predictions of 9 and 10 win seasons, is doing more harm than facing the truth. It is pointing out the unprofessional, needless, Buy-outs the administration has entered into without using any business sense whatsoever. Need more???

My personal favorite .... What did Frank's BOY do to DESERVE a $3+ million dollar raise???????????????????????????????????????????????? So far ... 4-6!?!?!?

Since everyone else is answering, I will too.

I don't think any one of us is accomplishing anything. Literally nothing said on this message board affects the teams, coaches or recruits.

We're all here venting or celebrating because we feel like it.

Reactions: Thirdcatgy

I don't think any one of us is accomplishing anything. Literally nothing said on this message board affects the teams, coaches or recruits.

Thanks. I agree with you. This forum serves a pin doll for those who desire something other than their current {and future} reailty.

Reactions: Lurker123
Yeah. Apparently Tennessee's board. 🙂

Lol!

Honestly curious. I did a brief search and found an "outside firm" turned in findings that kicked off the investigation.

I remember that it was already known as far back as the playoffs, because TCU knew it and fooled Michigan by changing some signs.

I had just not heard that someone on a message board was responsible for the scandal.

(And yes, I see where UT took it and ran)

Chronic BooBirds -- Where's the research to support your arguments? Where's the context?

Any coaching change is a mile away. It's one thing to criticize poor performances. It's quite another to be in this constant state of negativity for years on end reciting the same exact thing.

"Look at our record"

+ Spurrier was 11-13 in the SEC his first three (3) years.
+ If we win on Saturday, Beamer has the exact same record at 11-13 even with that tight 2pt UF loss.
+ The SEC East is significantly better today than it was when Spurrier was the coach.
+ The NIL is big net negative for Beamer. Previous staffs did not have to deal with it.

"Ratter is carrying this team"

+ Couldn't the same thing be said of Connor Shaw? He managed many close wins to perfection.
+ Let's wait and see what happens with the loss of Rattler first. There are always many players and narratives which emerge in an off-season. The team is not going to stay static as it is today and just lose Rattler. Also, Sellers could be a great fit.

Last edited:
Yeah. Apparently Tennessee's board. 🙂

IMG_4767.jpeg

Chronic BooBirds -- Where's the research to support your arguments? Where's the context?

Any coaching change is a mile away. It's one thing to criticize poor performances. It's quite another to be in this constant state of negativity for years on end reciting the same exact thing.

"Look at our record"

+ If we win on Saturday, Beamer has the exact same record at 11-13 even with that tight 2pt UF loss.
+ The SEC East is significantly better today than it was when Spurrier was the coach.
+ Today, the NIL is big net negative for us.

+ Couldn't the same thing be said of Connor Shaw? He managed many close wins to perfection.
+ Let's wait and see what happens with the loss of Rattler first. There are always many players and narratives which emerge in an off-season. The team is not going to stay static as it is today and just lose Rattler. Also, Sellers could be a great fit.

Sellers is going to be good. We just have to keep someone from purchasing him away.

Reactions: 92Pony and Ward Jr
Name them!
Rattler as of today is certainly the better QB when compared to true freshman Sellers, but its very possible that Sellers might be a more effective at the QB position next year because we are hoping the offensive line play is going to be better. I think Sellers will also be more willing to run with the ball if his first few reads arent open which will help keeping the chains moving. If there is any criticism I have of Rattler, is that he does tend to hold the ball waiting for someone to get open vs just taking the 5-7 yards in front of him.
…and when he does run he’s not that quick or fast. I think Sellars may have Connor Shaw quickness and speed.

Ever hear of "The Butterfly Effect"?

The concept that something small, like getting a cup of coffee but, missing that phone call that would change your career is called 'The Butterfly Effect'.

The winds of a hurricane are started by the single flap of a butterfly's wing. A whimper in the wilderness becomes the roar that crushes an empire. One small whiff of cigarette smoke now, can change your whole life down the road in 10 years, 20 years, or maybe in only 10 months. One dollar donated from your money can change your life or someone else's life, in a more amplified manner than you can ever imagine. Never underestimate the power of small acts.

• Haha
Reactions: Lurker123
Just curious if anyone said anything about Rattler playing the entire game with such a big lead. He is gone next year and just curious why someone was not getting playing time. Am I wrong about this? Did I miss something?

Reactions: Ward Jr
Just curious if anyone said anything about Rattler playing the entire game with such a big lead. He is gone next year and just curious why someone was not getting playing time. Am I wrong about this? Did I miss something?

When to make that transition is always up for debate. They got the backup in, which is good. Hee needs time. Whether it could have been a series or two earlier?

Debatable.

When to make that transition is always up for debate. They got the backup in, which is good. Hee needs time. Whether it could have been a series or two earlier?

Debatable.
Well, I was basing my comment by the fact that stats that I looked at showed passes only by Rattler. No one else. So, if a backup played he must have just handed off. That not geting trus QB experience. Just saying.

Well, I was basing my comment by the fact that stats that I looked at showed passes only by Rattler. No one else. So, if a backup played he must have just handed off. That not geting trus QB experience. Just saying.

I personally believe these NIL deals could require their big advertiser to be on the field for the majority of a game whenever they are healthy.

In the off-chance we make a bowl, it will be interesting to see if Rattler plays. If you're going to play 4th cleanup roles in already decided games, why wouldn't you play in a bowl game?

You are right, he ran for a td, but did not throw.

To be honest, I hadn't noticed he didn't throw a pass because my attention was waning by that time.

So they got him in there, and he did score. But did he really get to get good practice with live bullets?

I think if you ask 10 different people when he should go in, you could end up with 10 different answers though.

To be honest, I hadn't noticed he didn't throw a pass because my attention was waning by that time.

So they got him in there, and he did score. But did he really get to get good practice with live bullets?

I think if you ask 10 different people when he should go in, you could end up with 10 different answers though.

I don't think so. Sellers should have played the 4th quarter IF you're not going to redshirt.

There's only upside. Rattler avoids injury and Sellers gets reps. No-brainer.

Hasn't Sellers already thrown 2 TDs?

"Look at our record"

+ The NIL is big net negative for Beamer. Previous staffs did not have to deal with it.

I think without Rattler the record would be even worse. He is a tallented dude.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT