ADVERTISEMENT

Jet sweep

dansby660

Gold Member
Mar 29, 2004
I hope we have some fakes off of the jet sweep to deebo because you can bet they will be biting on it as soon as he comes across the field. They have seen it over and over. We have used it many times when it didn't work but I think a couple of fakes off of it could open some stuff up.

No ^. Bentley does need to keep it on a goal line situation.

they aren't stupid, we'll obviously have to do something different in the red zone..

Don't remind me of that game. Same play over and over and over. Smh.

Better yet, I hope we can defend against theirs. They have eaten our lunch in years past with that play.

Was thinking the same thing. We havent defended it well this year and damn that a scott lit us up with that crap 2 years ago.

The pre snap jet sweep motion does so much more than just the play itself. The defense has to respect the threat of the offense to get the ball on perimeter quickly in the hands of a playmaker. This keeps the defenders in the box from being able to crash down on our inside zone run. It helps the OLine get better angles to block the LBs because they tend to play a little more to the outside. And as someone mentioned, it sets up all kinds of quick passes and play actions off of that play especially when you can run it successfully. IMO, we should have been running it a lot more this season. There is a reason most of the prolific offenses across the country use this play Auburn, Houston etc.

Reactions: Scuba_do
I'm afraid that the first time we fake the jet sweep to Deebo, he will have to pick his teeth up off the turf.

I hope we have the time in the pocket needed to run a fake jet sweep. If we can run the ball and protect Jake, we have a chance. If we can't and everything is thrown on the D, it's going to be a long night.

When I hear jet sweep, I think of Lorenzo Ward in the press box. That's a bad memory. Would be nice to replace that with a better memory.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT