ADVERTISEMENT

Just asking: Has NIL and/or the Pothole changed YOUR interest in College Football?

Sep 6, 2022
Unfortunately, I think it has for me. WHY don't we just choose up sides each week??? We no longer BUILD TEAMS. I lost the NBA & NFL interest years ago because ... WHO WAS MY TEAM!!!

Yes it has. I still love college football though. I just care less and less about the players unfortunately.

I used to watch games all weekend. Now, I watch sparingly. I do not know who is good or who ain’t, and when I watch, after a series or two, I lose interest. I don’t know much about who plays for who either. As long as the weather is good, there are a lot of good things to do outside. I gave up on pro sports years ago except for hockey and the Braves, and now almost no college sports. I don’t miss it, either.

It has effected it. You used to be able to watch players grow and mature. That's gone. You could feel fairly certain who was going to hold down certain positions from year to year and feel good when you knew you had good players at certain spots and liked for other players to step up at others. That's gone. Team cohesiveness and the team concept? Deader than Kelsey nuts. College sports are now no better than semi pro teams. School pride is buried and replaced with dollar signs. I played sports in college. I did it because I loved the game and loved the competition. I did have scouts looking at me for the next level but all that was secondary for me. I played with guys whose every thought was "the league" and that's fine. They still busted their tails in the weight room and at practice. Now... Whatever. I hate what its become but Still watch because I know what's coming and when it does, I will stop altogether. I may still watch division 1AA but we'll see. The sport is dead its just too stubborn to realize it.

Markedly. I can watch it for a little while because the game is still entertaining. But I'm not nearly as emotionally or financially invested as I was. Plus, there's the age factor. Mellowness reduces avidity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT