ADVERTISEMENT

Just go ahead and swap Vandy and Clemson

cockgrad90

Dec 4, 2000
put CU in the SEC and let them live with 4 to 5 losses a year and let Vandy play against Wake, Duke, BC every year. Put all the private schools, including Miami!!! they are a joke now too...

They stabbed us in the back (surprise) and did not exit the ACC, and we did. Period. Now if they had still been as good in the 70's and 80's as an Independent (doubtful) as they were in the ACC, I'd say it would be a strong possibility they would've gotten the nod over us. Since they decided to stay so many years ago, they have to deal with the boredom of Wake, Duke, etc...etc....every week. I guarantee a ton want in, no matter how many times they type E$ECPN. The ones that say they don't want any part of the SEC are probably right, they only have 1 hurdle in their way, every year, and they trip over it, just about every year.

It would be fun to see them lose 4-5+ in a conference they've been giving us %$#@ about for years. I see them losing at least 3 this year in their own dumpy conference anyway. We'll see.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigTomE
Meh. The SEC would lose a baseball power, a decent basketball program, some strong academic credentials, and a presence in a fairly large southern capital city if it swapped Vandy for Clemson. I think everybody is best suited exactly where they are.

Meh. The SEC would lose a baseball power, a decent basketball program, some strong academic credentials, and a presence in a fairly large southern capital city if it swapped Vandy for Clemson. I think everybody is best suited exactly where they are.
USCg, this was a serious answer to a stupid comment. I hope everybody has a little better understanding about how the conference realignments work than the OP seems to... It is all about TV RIGHTS. It has NOTHING to do with location, rivalries, FOOTBALL... NOTHING AT ALL. CU has a TINY, pathetic, mostly POOR fan base in the most rural part of one of the least populated states in America- a state whose flagship university and largest fan base is already a member of the SEC... What possible gains would the SEC get from adding them? NONE.
Never gonna happen.

Reactions: spinrbait
USCg, this was a serious answer to a stupid comment. I hope everybody has a little better understanding about how the conference realignments work than the OP seems to... It is all about TV RIGHTS. It has NOTHING to do with location, rivalries, FOOTBALL... NOTHING AT ALL. CU has a TINY, pathetic, mostly POOR fan base in the most rural part of one of the least populated states in America- a state whose flagship university and largest fan base is already a member of the SEC... What possible gains would the SEC get from adding them? NONE.
Never gonna happen.
You are correct, it will never happen because there is nothing financially for the SEC to gain, but I always wonder how "ELITE" they would be with an SEC schedule each year.

You think they recruit well now? If they had the SEC conference draw to aid in recruiting, I don't think they'd be losing 4 conf. games every year. We need them to stay away.

They aren't elite now. 1 title since FSU joined, and one loss against GT who most Clemmers believe they are perpetually better than. I suppose that's how you can look at the ACC:

B.F. - Before FSU
A.F. - After FSU

Clemmons hasn't even been a blip in the ACC A.F.

Last edited:
Oh heck no. Vandy fans are pretty tolerable, IMHO. Can't say anything positive about Clempson fans.

Never gonna happen.

all of that, plus i don't want clemson to get the sec money or prestege.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT