ADVERTISEMENT

Just read a tweet from mcllwain's mother. Wow not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Orth is

He brings up 2-9 in almost every post yet when Bmac struggles he is full of excuses (offensive line stinks, he doesn't have receivers etc). Can't have it both ways.

Don't know where you get that from. Go look at my posting history. I've been calling for Bentley to be the QB from day one. I posted before the season started that we should RS McIlwain and start Bentley. I've never really gone to bat for McIlwain.

2-9 comes from another poster in this thread and I assume that is Orth's record as the starting QB. 0 TDs is the only statistic that means anything to me. Defending Orth at this point is comical.

Don't know where you get that from. Go look at my posting history. I've been calling for Bentley to be the QB from day one. I posted before the season started that we should RS McIlwain and start Bentley. I've never really gone to bat for McIlwain.

2-9 comes from another poster in this thread and I assume that is Orth's record as the starting QB. 0 TDs is the only statistic that means anything to me. Defending Orth at this point is comical.
Sorry, I thought both of us were referring to the OTHER poster. I know I replied to your post but I was agreeing with you and taking a shot at the poster that continues to post 2-9.

Reactions: PokerCock
Mother's wear blinders.
My senior year in HS we opened against a very good Bishop England team and until my last 'carry' I had a decent game, scored our only TD and rushed for about 170 yards ... but we were still losing 13-7 with 4-minutes left, then got the ball back on 'bout our 30 and moved it pretty good down to their 4-yardline; I carried on all but 1-play, an incomplete pass. With 'bout a minute left on 1st and goal we ran our FB up the middle to their 1 1/2 then called a 'buck' play - where the LG and everyone on his right all block down, while the LT tries to get inside position.
The QB is supposed to 'spin left' and fake to the FB filling the hole where the LG is moving right with his right hand, then hand off to the LHB (me on that play) with his left hand cutting off the FB's butt (think 'X") running to the right, which was also BEHIND our most ferocious blockers (our RG later signed with USC, our RT signed with clemson).
Our QB spun the wrong way and had the ball in his right hand - missed the fake then tried to 'hand-off' to me anyway, I hit the BACK of his hand with my 'pocket' (you LOOK for the hole, FEEL for the ball), the ball went forward (FUMBLE!!!) - Bishop England recovered and we never did; time ran out ... we lost a game we should have won against a VERY GOOD team.
The 'hole' was there, our RG and RT had their guys on their backs in the end zone.
The coaches knew what happened, but the 'announcer' broadcast "SportsSuites FUMBLES on the ONE!!!"
I woulda', shoulda' coulda' scored but DIDN'T.
When 'fans' started bitc*ing in the stands I'm RELIABLY 'informed' my MOTHER lit into anyone within the sound of her voice. Hey, WE fumbled, end of story.
Mother's wear blinders.
Her 'defense' wasn't super intuition, it was "I DON'T CARE WHO'S FAULT IT WAS!!! - YOU'RE AN #$%^&$%#@%^& IF YOU TRY TO BLAME IT ON SportsSuites!!!"
She didn't have a CLUE what happened, but the POINT IS - "she didn't CARE".
NO 'Mother' does. Mother's wear blinders.
FWIW my Mother was VERY MUCH the 'southern lady' - except when defending her kids.
It sounds like Brandon's Momma is, too. GOOD for her!!!

When Mom's comment on their son's sports . . .

facepalm-2

Little touchy are we Jonesz21? Point is that Shaw struggled early on (with better talent on both sides of the ball) but turned out well. Not disrespecting Shaw as he is one of the best gamers I have seen. By most accounts, McIlwain is a good kid who works hard. You can't blame or disrespect Brandon for the actions of his mother. He hasn't said anything in public about the situation, and according to everything I have heard, he is a good teammate.

Don't know how to repost but it was not a happy post.

Oh how times have changed, and not for the better, I might add. I remember how my HS coach Slick Moore responded to an irrate parent. The parent said, " Coach, Tommy wants to play in the games. When are you going to let him play?" Coach Moore said " Hell, he plays Monday through Thursday."

Probably get fired today for " Hurting the little baby's feelings."

BMac is a great talent! He will shine eventually. I think wasting Bentley's redshirt (my opinion) this year is idiotic with the pitiful offensive line and running game we have. With that being said, my opinion doesn't matter, I am not being paid millions to coach.
I just want to win and win big! Two absolutely crappy ass years in a row! Tired of it!

Agree.

I think playing Bentley is a "throw our hands up" approach and is a desperate move.

It's pure stupid to me.

BMAC will transfer as a result.

BMac is a great talent! He will shine eventually. I think wasting Bentley's redshirt (my opinion) this year is idiotic with the pitiful offensive line and running game we have. QUOTE]

OP Fail.

The idiocy in this thread has reached an astronomical level, with this particular post taking the prize of most idiotic. Why, in heaven's name, if we're to burn redshirts on 2 true freshman QBs, would we not stick with the guy (Bentley, if he's to start) we throw out there & see if he can be what we need.

This.

If he's so good that he's turning pro in 3 years, then he should've been the starter from the day he stepped onto the practice field.
I find it disturbing that most responding IIT fail to realize the lady's FB post is a response to something JC Shurburtt wrote, probably on TOB, and pointedly contest his content or opinion.

How can anyone truly form an opinion of her response without knowing what she is responding to?

She definitely went overboard with her comment about the Bentley's, B-Mac being pigeon-holed, etc. but that can be expected from a mother who's son has been a star most of his life. I think anyone with decency could give her a pass.

All in all, this is a touchy situation for Boom & crew and could be a defining moment going forward as either a positive or as a negative. I sure hope they get it right.

Anybody know what D Irons is up to these days? This song, sadly, remains the same. This whole situation is most regrettable and is unlikely to have a happy ending.

Anybody know what D Irons is up to these days? This song, sadly, remains the same. This whole situation is most regrettable and is unlikely to have a happy ending.
In the long run I don't think there's much possibility for a happy ending.
In the shirt term to avoid unwarranted drama and hurt recruiting I think the best case scenario is to go through with redshirting JB. I hope they don't burn it anyway but this will at least give the staff time to work everything out and hopefully handle everything behind closed doors.

Hey Mac gave up the money no one forced him, the remedy here is for Mac to make better reads in the running game and passing game when he plays. I don't think Orth should play unless absolutely necessary but to sy the Bently kid is playing because his dad is a coach is a dumb comment. Just play better Mac and Bently move the ball make good decisions there is plenty of playing time for both. They are teammates act like it and that goes for childish antics from parents!!!!!

Some coaches are plain stupid when it comes to position. I'm not saying CWM is....just saying it happens. Especially in HS......

Either BM or JB will be transferring. That's a fact.

I called that before the season started. I understand Bentley wanting to play where his dad coaches, but for him or BMc, there is no upside. Even if Bentley keeps the redshirt, that still only puts one year between them. I'd like to know we had 2 QB's ready to play, but I don't see both of them staying.

Which one of you did Muschamp tell he was starting Bentley? Is it certain he's going to play?
All I read was "we'll see on Saturday" when Muschamp was asked the Q. - which is the same response he's given to that Q. all year.
Did Muschamp tell the team Bentley was starting and then McIlwain told his Mother? Her comments seemed speculative to me, written in response to an article she disagreed with.
Guess "we'll see on Saturday."
Bentley may not play at all.

Which one of you did Muschamp tell he was starting Bentley? Is it certain he's going to play?
All I read was "we'll see on Saturday" when Muschamp was asked the Q. - which is the same response he's given to that Q. all year.
Did Muschamp tell the team Bentley was starting and then McIlwain told his Mother? Her comments seemed speculative to me, written in response to an article she disagreed with.
Guess "we'll see on Saturday."
Bentley may not play at all.
First off, I hope he's not playing Saturday or the balance of the season. Secondly, if Muschamp doesn't plan on playing him he should come out and say he's not playing. What purpose does it serve to keep it a secret? We could have avoided the Bmac's mother tweet.

First off, I hope he's not playing Saturday or the balance of the season. Secondly, if Muschamp doesn't plan on playing him he should come out and say he's not playing. What purpose does it serve to keep it a secret? We could have avoided the Bmac's mother tweet.
She was commenting on an article by JC. Don't think it had anything to do with what is going on inside the team.

JC's article was simply stating that if Jake plays (and plays well) it doesn't mean BMac is done, nor should he be. Mom's is starting something that will not have a happy ending, even if BMac starts killin' it out there.....especially if that happens. I would bet big money Roddy and Brandon we're not at all supportive of this, hell, they might not have had a clue it was coming. Attacking JC was short-sighted, he's on Brandon's side, but like most of us just wants to win. I was all for BMac winning the starting job from Day 1 because I think he has a lot of talent, and a bright future but the facts are, he earned the 1st game start, he did get to play with Deebo and Edwards simultaneously, and because of the OL. or the face he's a true FR, he has struggled....a lot. And it's not a small sample size considering he's had considerable PT this year. Best players on the field all the time, a first year staff is definitely going to try and do that, if he is good enough, he will play. Again, I would love nothing more than to see the kid light it up, but name even 3 P5 programs where he would be the locked-in starter the way he's played?

I never thought of a redshirt soph. year.
On the other hand, he will quit football. Holbrook .....what is HE thinking right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT