ADVERTISEMENT

Kids today.

Especially the universities across America. They are all useless - unless, of course, the have a good football or baseball program. But, as far as teaching anything, most (if not all) are awful. Graduates today are ill prepared to enter the workforce (I interview many to find a good one).

Just curious.. What type of position are you interviewing for? What are these millenials lacking that you would seek in a potential employee? What type of schools are they coming from?

Bold to call all of the universities in the country useless, especially when it's pretty unanimous that we have the best higher-education system in the world. What could they be doing differently to meet your standards? Are they not teaching anything, or are they just not teaching in accordance with your own viewpoints?

The ages 14-30 really have zero to offer. Yes there are exceptions like anything.
Historically, people often did amazing things at relatively young ages. They also often started families in their teens. Life was shorter, there was more that had to be done for survival, and people had to, and did, take on great responsibility at young ages. But one thing that hasn’t changed is human nature (never does). If things are different now it’s because the world is more complex (harder to generate breakthroughs) and the labor actually required for survival is minimal, so we’ve developed an (artificially) long signalling process before we give young people the responsibility they would otherwise be ready for. At the same time, that signalling process has gotten more expensive before people can even get going. Unsustainable is the word that comes to mind.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
The leftists at every single level of education have now indoctrinated so many people, that those people are openly marching in the streets begging the government to take away their rights. But their idiocy doesn't stop there. They believe in countless contradictions that lack any common sense and when you bring them to task on any one of those contradictions...that they CANNOT answer mind you...you're immediately a racist.

As for the OP, I think it's somewhat sad that everyone just accepts the 'official story' without question. None. Zip. Sorry, too many things don't add up.

A perfect, mint condition passport of one of the hijackers miraculously survives impact, the burning, the collapse of the tower. ?? No. But yes. Why? How? Impossible.

To this day, no other steel structured buildings have collapsed due to fire, before or since 911. Ever.

Molten steel on the scene for WEEKS afterwards. Sorry, that doesn't happen with common steel. Once you take a long look at the scientific evidence, you quickly realize the official story is complete horse pucky. A lot of very good people died that day, but beyond that, we know very little.
And no other steel structured building has been crashed into by a Boeing 767-200er with almost 24,000 gallons of fuel either.

In his defense this is one of the most widely believed conspiracy theories and much of it does at least make sense. I do believe the US would’ve staged a moon landing rather than let the Soviets beat them there, if they needed to. And there is at least some good questions that demand explanation.

Personally, I believe we went to the moon. But I am surprised how much attention Curry has gotten for thinking we didn’t. Documentaries have been produced on this. This is nothing compared to Kyrie Irving and the earth is flat conspiracy going on.
I have never looked at that, but I was reading just the other day about how the joint chiefs of staff wanted Kennedy to either simulate or actually stage attacks on US interests as a pretext to invade Cuba. Operation Northwoods. Apparently also wanted a preemptive nuclear attack on Russia. Crazy stuff during that time period and we can only hope that type of thinking is a historical artifact.

I have never looked at that, but I was reading just the other day about how the joint chiefs of staff wanted Kennedy to either simulate or actually stage attacks on US interests as a pretext to invade Cuba. Operation Northwoods. Apparently also wanted a preemptive nuclear attack on Russia. Crazy stuff during that time period and we can only hope that type of thinking is a historical artifact.

Lasted into the 80’s. Many of us lived through it and don’t realize it. Though maybe not to the extent of what it was like in the days of Kennedy. The Cuba Missile Crisis had to be scary as heck.

I understand, i am old (45). However, I don’t feel bad saying the younger generation as a whole has very little to contribute. Like I said, yes, there are exceptions. If we went to war with China, Russia etc, I think they would go on social media to praise the merits of our enemies bc that is what they have been taught. It’s a shame. No wonder certain politicians want to lower the voting age. Much easier to manipulate a 16 year old than a 45 year old.
If anything the voting age should be raised to 21. I don’t think 18 year olds have not yet matured or faced any responsibility that would drive their political beliefs. At that age their parents, most important celebrities, tv and social media guide the thinking. Critical thinking skills, other than those trained (military) have not developed. I would hate to think what this world would be like if my 18 & 19 year old grandchildren made all critical decisions regarding our country. Now my grandchildren are honor students but they are still just that students

If anything the voting age should be raised to 21. I don’t think 18 year olds have not yet matured or faced any responsibility that would drive their political beliefs. At that age their parents, most important celebrities, tv and social media guide the thinking. Critical thinking skills, other than those trained (military) have not developed. I would hate to think what this world would be like if my 18 & 19 year old grandchildren made all critical decisions regarding our country. Now my grandchildren are honor students but they are still just that students

Still hard for me to think 18 year olds could be drafted in the future and have no say what President and other leaders they serve. Most people won’t vote as an 18 year old, at least not in a Presidential election. That year is more likely to fall on ones’ 19th, 20th, or 21st birthday anyway.

Still hard for me to think 18 year olds could be drafted in the future and have no say what President and other leaders they serve. Most people won’t vote as an 18 year old, at least not in a Presidential election. That year is more likely to fall on ones’ 19th, 20th, or 21st birthday anyway.

Then VOTE!!!

That's just the way the mop flops.

That's just the way the mop flops.

Responding to recommendation to raise voting age to 21 which I feel would be a bad idea. Pointing out most 18 year olds don’t vote anyway because of how the “mop flops” as you said.

Just curious.. What type of position are you interviewing for? What are these millenials lacking that you would seek in a potential employee? What type of schools are they coming from?

Bold to call all of the universities in the country useless, especially when it's pretty unanimous that we have the best higher-education system in the world. What could they be doing differently to meet your standards? Are they not teaching anything, or are they just not teaching in accordance with your own viewpoints?
Mainly good interviewing skills (communication) and critical thinking skills (aptitude). Granted, the latter is somewhat taught in the specific position and with experience, but basic knowledge/skills would be good too. And no, I don’t bring my specific viewpoints into it. I looked for varied, fun, energetic and thoughtful staff because my industry demands it.

Mainly good interviewing skills (communication) and critical thinking skills (aptitude). Granted, the latter is somewhat taught in the specific position and with experience, but basic knowledge/skills would be good too. And no, I don’t bring my specific viewpoints into it. I looked for varied, fun, energetic and thoughtful staff because my industry demands it.

And based on your interviews with these millenials, you're convinced the generation is poorly educated and bound to doom the economy?

Personally, I think such presentations are harmless curiosities that nobody takes seriously. That conspiracy theory presents some interesting coincidences, but that's about it.

But as a reminder to FGF, this lighthearted discussion concerns the events of 9-11. I thought Rod established a couple of months ago that we weren't allowed to approach that topic with anything less than somber respect. I hope we aren't engaging in selective outrage.
Nobody takes seriously?

You implant one crazy idea and ignorant people across the world will champion the thought.

Look at all the junk people try to push now on the internet
  • Moon landing was fake, we never went to the moon
  • The Earth is flat, Flat Earth Society
  • Chemtrails
  • Antivax
  • Fluoridation
  • Plethora of 9/11 garabage ideas

Today's kids have been sabotaged with PC training all the way through college. Logic and common sense are out and most communication is done with smart phones or I pads. It's the everything is OK time and freebies for everyone. There are a few that make it through the muck and more power to them.

Today's kids have been sabotaged with PC training all the way through college. Logic and common sense are out and most communication is done with smart phones or I pads. It's the everything is OK time and freebies for everyone. There are a few that make it through the muck and more power to them.
I don't think having a lot of communication coming from smart phones and tablets is neccesarily a bad thing.

What is bad is that there's certain idiologies out there that have taken advantage of these new technologies and have used them to further their ideas.

Conservative idiology is late to these platforms and only now catching up. In the meantime, PC culture has dominated the space and actually have people believing their opinion is correct and you are 'insert negative stereotype' if you don't see things the way they see them.

This is what's being inforced now in a lot of campuses across the nation. Difference of opinion is quick to be labeled as hate speech... all sorts of garbage.

Being fed random facts and taught to test is not education. We have a generation that knows all kinds of random factoids but have no real comprehensive understanding of how those facts are joined together to create our reality or the reality of the past. They mostly believe the same things because they have been indoctrinated...by a state run indoctrination centers we call schools. I think that is why they try so hard to show themselves as individuals with colored hair and piercing and such....because where it matters they are all droids off an assembly line and they instinctively know it.

And based on your interviews with these millenials, you're convinced the generation is poorly educated and bound to doom the economy?
That and general observations of societal movement. The economy won’t be doomed by them - the economy will suffer from bad governmental policy - but policy that many millenails think is a good thing (again observations). To ask you a few questions, name five 100/200 level classes that benefit a graduate in their career? Why don’t universities guarantee a certain level of employment for graduates? If they fail, refund the tuition.

In reality, we could trim serious fat from the education system. You could cut tuition costs by 75%, an undergraduate degree should be completed in 12-24 months by only taking required classes that shouldn’t exceed 45-60 credit hours - less than 1/2 that required today. You can learn everything you need in that time. The rest is fluff and only designed to keep degrees that are meaningless.

That and general observations of societal movement. The economy won’t be doomed by them - the economy will suffer from bad governmental policy - but policy that many millenails think is a good thing (again observations). To ask you a few questions, name five 100/200 level classes that benefit a graduate in their career? Why don’t universities guarantee a certain level of employment for graduates? If they fail, refund the tuition.

In reality, we could trim serious fat from the education system. You could cut tuition costs by 75%, an undergraduate degree should be completed in 12-24 months by only taking required classes that shouldn’t exceed 45-60 credit hours - less than 1/2 that required today. You can learn everything you need in that time. The rest is fluff and only designed to keep degrees that are meaningless.

Education, if run correctly should be fully completed in 12 years with a few exceptions. Colleges in the US are running one of the biggest scams going in today’s world.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT