ADVERTISEMENT

Kingston picking up where Holbrook left off...

Yes as to good but good is not the standard here. The team has been very inconsistent but I still think/hope this team finds a way to make a regional.
Fair enough. Honestly, I don't really know how to evaluate this team. I probably need to let things unfold before I pass judgement. I expected the team to gel quickly and play fundamental baseball. This is not a Kingston team, yet. Still in a transition period. Like you said, they're very inconsistent.

King is normally accurate with his assessments but I think he's just suckering some fools in with this one.
I don't assert that dissension from holdovers concerning Holbrook is a probable scenario, but I only advance it as a possibility with some individuals.

I don't assert that dissension from holdovers concerning Holbrook is a probable scenario, but I only advance it as a possibility with some individuals.
We're being treated as if we are creating some fictitious conspiracy theory!

It's certainly possible that some players are not on the same page as the rest of the team and don't trust the coaches yet. A few of those players can certainly affect the balance of the team. Is it that far out to believe that some players aren't adjusting well to the new staff?

Reactions: king ward
We're being treated as if we are creating some fictitious conspiracy theory!

It's certainly possible that some players are not on the same page as the rest of the team and don't trust the coaches yet. A few of those players can certainly affect the balance of the team. Is it that far out to believe that some players aren't adjusting well to the new staff?
I don't think any of that is true. I just think they aren't any good.

Reactions: TRUEGARNET
Kingston lost his pitching coach after fall practice and had to start all over in January. Everyone seems to forget that.
Losing the pitching coach was one of the best things that could happen but there is no excuse for the catcher throwing the ball two yards left of the base during an attempted steal and the third baseman throwing the ball five yards to the left of home plate after the outfielder threw it to him as the cut off man. Also did you see the bunt that the third baseman caught in the air even with the base. Little players have better mechanics than this.

Losing the pitching coach was one of the best things that could happen but there is no excuse for the catcher throwing the ball two yards left of the base during an attempted steal and the third baseman throwing the ball five yards to the left of home plate after the outfielder threw it to him as the cut off man. Also did you see the bunt that the third baseman caught in the air even with the base. Little players have better mechanics than this.
So you're saying Kingston isn't doing his job?

I will let our efforts speak for itself. Don't see any improvements from last year. It doesn't appear they have been taught baseball 101. What do you think?

Why are we banging on Kingston? We knew we had very little pitching and a line up full of sorry hitters? Give him at least a year to find/develop a few hitters and stock some quality arms on the pitching staff

This is absolutely spot on. Was going to post almost the exact same thing when I saw your post. Couldn’t have said it better myself. Baseball people understand.

Jeez, there’s a lot of fans that are too quick to pass judgement on a staff and players that had only half a season, at the time this thread was started, to come together. Especially when you consider all the pitching we lost from last season, along with the injuries.
Heck even now that they’ve started to come together, it’s still too early to lean the other way and say we made a “homerun” hire with Kingston. I like to think we did. I like his coaching style. They seem to be developing a lot of young arms, positioning players well, making good ‘in game ‘ decisions, playing solid defense and have more quality at bats lately. Let’s hope we can stay hot, make a regional, and see what Kingston and the players he inherited can do long term.

Hopefully Kingston and Meade will get it figured out.
Meade has done a great job with the bullpen, especially given that he wasn’t around for fallball. I think if the starters are going to get it figured out consistently, it’s going to come down to each one of em pitching with a chip on their shoulder. The offense is picking up the pace, and the bullpen and defense have been consistent. The starting pitching is the weakest link right now

Team defense is terrible. Many errors and bad judgement. Bats were on fire today! The ump behind the plate was horrible for both sides.

It is nice to be back in the conversation

Rather than

Left for dead....... ;)

“Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? No because when the going gets tough............the tough get going, It’s not over until we say it is”
(Paraphrased)
The Great Blutarki

This isn’t a great team, but it’s not bad team...

We’re just an average team that should make it to the Regionals...
I'll take being an average team right now... especially one that occasionally shows some really good stuff. Funny thing about baseball... an average team can get hot at the right time and make a deep run come playoff time if they can just squeak their way in. We just have to find a way in and I'm starting to believe these guys can.

I'll take being an average team right now... especially one that occasionally shows some really good stuff. Funny thing about baseball... an average team can get hot at the right time and make a deep run come playoff time if they can just squeak their way in. We just have to find a way in and I'm starting to believe these guys can.

Hey, we're 5-1 against ranked teams in the last 6 SEC games.

Reactions: TRUEGARNET
Fresno State 10 years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT