ADVERTISEMENT

Kornblut says Clemson could win it all within the next two years.

I agree they have a good shot with all the reasons mentioned---as for Muschamp, he was never coming to
SC. Auburn was where he wanted to go and got the price up by a leaky press making us Gamecocks think
he was a "done deal". Spurrier never said he was coming and he tells it like it is!

Talent alone doesn't win championships. Everyone points out that you need a top 5 class to win a championship. Well, there is probably a lot of truth in that. Howevever just because you get a top 5 class doesn't mean you will win a championship. Dabo is an average coach but an excellent recruiter. Even if they make the play-offs (and with these recruiting classes I would put them in contention for it), I just can't see Dabo coaching them to win two important games back to back. He has a history of crapping the bed in important games (just ask FSU or USC......I would consider rivalry games and games to win your conference more important than bowl games). The only "bad" coach to win a championship on recruiting alone was likely that 2010 team with Auburn. We just have to hope they don't land any freak talent like Cam Newton.

Also, as was mentioned earlier in this thread, I would be concerned about Jeff Scott running the show on offense. I know they looked good against Oklahoma, but the general consensus was that Morris was the brains behind the offense up there. This could be the type of thing that could come back to bite them in the butt later.

Originally posted by flashcock:

Originally posted by 1987cgamecock:
Really flash? What years in the past 30 have they finished the regular season ranked in the top 8?
Isn't the subject about the next two years?...Have you noticed the talent Dumbo is bringing in? Do you know who they play in the regular season? Have you looked at the recruiting classes of there opponents? The last 30 years has nothing to do with the next 2 to 3 years...
Please....please....do NOT speak logic to these pumpers. They can't comprehend it.

Originally posted by TrailerParkBoy:

Originally posted by flashcock:

Originally posted by 1987cgamecock:
Really flash? What years in the past 30 have they finished the regular season ranked in the top 8?
Isn't the subject about the next two years?...Have you noticed the talent Dumbo is bringing in? Do you know who they play in the regular season? Have you looked at the recruiting classes of there opponents? The last 30 years has nothing to do with the next 2 to 3 years...
Please....please....do NOT speak logic to these pumpers. They can't comprehend it.
I just feel fortunate that all the "Negative Nancy's" on here are such recruiting experts. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Who did Florida State beat in the top 20? I don't think they did, but it doesn't matter, the ACC champ is going to be in the final 4 teams picked, and yes it will put Clemson in the spotlight even more.

They are much closer to being in the top 4 picks than you can imagine, especially if Watson stays healthy.

Florida State looked horrible all year long, yet they won the ACC and got the invite.

I can see Clemson getting in winning the ACC unless we beat them bad. If we are highly ranked and beat them, which I doubt we'll be highly ranked in next 2 years, it still won't matter as long as they are ACC champs.

Basically it's win the ACC and they have the chance we'll never have..

Not the first time Kornblut has mad himself look foolish. Clemson is recruiting at a high level yes, but so are a lot of other teams. Clemson has to build and develop a contender while others can reload. Just because the Taters finally beat us a game does not mean they will win a national championship. Just because Dabo says they have passed FSU in the ACC does not make it happen. Yes , Clemson playing in a weak football conference makes the odds of a glossey won loss record very possible(see last year) but that in itself makes it harder to get in a four team playoff. What will all the Orange pumpers say this year when someone other than FSU whips them in the ACC and they come rolling into WB and get the hell beat out of them? The mighty Tigers remain mostly a myth and as the SEC money keeps rolling in they will no longer be the PRE SEASON powerhouses the are now as they loose more appeal to the kids than us and a lot of others. They also have an ugly racial issue that is bound to surface they will have to deal with sooner or later. No, don't look for the Mighty Tigers to make the playoffs in the next two years let alone win a national championship.

Originally posted by MANAFOLD:

Not the first time Kornblut has mad himself look foolish. Clemson is recruiting at a high level yes, but so are a lot of other teams. Clemson has to build and develop a contender while others can reload. Just because the Taters finally beat us a game does not mean they will win a national championship. Just because Dabo says they have passed FSU in the ACC does not make it happen. Yes , Clemson playing in a weak football conference makes the odds of a glossey won loss record very possible(see last year) but that in itself makes it harder to get in a four team playoff. What will all the Orange pumpers say this year when someone other than FSU whips them in the ACC and they come rolling into WB and get the hell beat out of them? The mighty Tigers remain mostly a myth and as the SEC money keeps rolling in they will no longer be the PRE SEASON powerhouses the are now as they loose more appeal to the kids than us and a lot of others. They also have an ugly racial issue that is bound to surface they will have to deal with sooner or later. No, don't look for the Mighty Tigers to make the playoffs in the next two years let alone win a national championship.
Racial issue hasn't stopped Dabo one bit...In fact he's only getting better recruits since all of that mess came out (Amazing to me)...Which teams have recruited more 5 star players than Dabo in the last 6-7 years...The list is short!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT