ADVERTISEMENT

Kornblut says Clemson could win it all within the next two years.

mj-laughing.gif

They are stepping it up on the lines of scrimmage. That Oline prospect out of Orlando Parker Boudreaux will be huge get for them.

One more reason I don't like the playoff. It really makes it realistic for Clemson to get a shot.

They will have the talent to win it all within the next two years. I think they'll make the playoffs. After that, it takes a little luck. Say what you want, but it's getting to the point where they are choosing players, not recruiting them.
This post was edited on 3/27 8:38 PM by Cackdiesel

All they have to do is beat Fla. St. (odds are in their favor) and they're in the playoffs! Could easily happen!

They need to start beating teams in the Top 20 first. They don't step up when it matters. I doubt Watson makes it thru the year as injury prone as he is.

Fla.St. is supposed to be a little down this year and that gives the tiger
faithful some hope, but Fla.St. beat Clempson last year with what was
basically a fourth string QB. Fisher has recruited very well and I'm sure
Fla. St. will be a tremendous hurdle for Clempson to overcome.
Also, everyone, including Kornblute, seems to ignore the fact that
Clempson must re-build their entire defensive line and that their
" walk on water" QB has had THREE serious injuries in his first year.
( Can anybody say " Willie Korn ?" ) As a long time Gamecock, I look
forward to the 2015 season for 2 reasons, one- to see Spurrier
vindicated, and two- to see Dabo's delusional bubble busted.

HAHAHA....Good for kornblut. I cant wait for next season. Its all coming together for the perfect storm. The walls will come down in tatertown and the paper tigers will go right back where they belong. I think we will be a little better and good enough to get back to 34-17 Cocks win to finish them off. They finish up 9-3 just as we do. But once again taters have a losing record to top 25 teams

Originally posted by Cackdiesel:
They will have the talent to win it all within the next two years. I think they'll make the playoffs. After that, it takes a little luck. Say what you want, but it's getting to the point where they are choosing players, not recruiting them.
You are absolutely correct. At least it seems that way, especially when compared to what is happening with us. Bottom line, klempsun knows how to close the deal. We don't.

Originally posted by cocky lady:

All they have to do is beat Fla. St. (odds are in their favor) and they're in the playoffs! Could easily happen!
I have mentioned this before and I got hammered for it. The SEC is a more respected football conference with more tradition and money than the ACC could ever dream of. But the gauntlet is much tougher. It's virtually impossible for a program to win the SEC for the 1st time. Klempsun can go undefeated in the ACC with much less effort and get into the playoff. Deptula has been promoting this for years. I hate to admit it, but I think he might be right.

I don't know about them winning it all but even the most die hard cock fan has to admit they've been whipping our but on the recruiting trail the last 2 or 3 years and already with 2 five stars landed for next year. We need closers like they have in recruiting.

I'm going to assume by saying within two years, he really means in two years. Can't see it though. Likely the Big 12 gets snubbed two years in a row. No way they're snubbed a third. I can see CU winning the ACC.... but no invite. Then the window closes and they can go back to being off season champs every year until a playoff expansion occurs.

Recruiting the way Clemson is isn't an accident. It is their #1 priority and it's what Dabo does best. Dabo eats it up.

Most already know how our HC feels about recruiting. He's twice the coach Dabo is but he's half the recruiter. If SOS isn't recruiting or calling ball plays, we're in trouble.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

They are pulling in the talent on the los to match their play makers. Not a good thing. Used to be we could count on dumbo to mess it up but that's no longer a given. With all that talent dumbo will have to work harder to mess things up.

Sadly, Kornblut may be right. They have the perfect setup for it. Only have three, maybe four, regular season games that they have to worry about. The path to success is often the easiest one, and Clemson has that pretty much every year. Make that two, or three, games in the regular season if Spurrier doesn't get this thing turned around.

They can. Anyone with an ounce of football IQ can see that. They're raking in talent. YES they have outrecruited us in the past by over inflating their ranking with high caliber skill players, but now they're loading up where it matters. On the LOS. It's scary and it really pisses me off that we had the upper hand on them the last 6 years but that's dwindling away fast because of lazy recruiting and holding onto incompetent coaches. We could have had Muschamp and his staff, but no. We pissed that away.

As much as I hate the hell out of Clemson they take recruiting very

seriously, have copied Alabama's recruiting program, and somehow get great recruits. Meanwhile Spurrier plays golf all season and is content with getting outspent by a wide margin in recruiting by Clemson and most of the other SEC teams. I just don't think Spurrier takes recruiting seriously.

Re: As much as I hate the hell out of Clemson they take recruiting very

Not only are they recruiting well they play in a crappy conference and are almost guaranteed a spot in the playoffs if they go undefeated.

Kornblut is never wrong, thats why his show is syndicated all over the US with Millions of fans each night worldwide, his words are traded on the NYSE as Blue Chip Stocks. Or maybe thats why he is mainly on AM radio stations in some parts of SC.

Another classic post by Jones...............he actually this is he has people fooled

If they ever expand the playoffs to 8 teams like I've heard they want to do in the future...Clempzin is a shoe in...

Originally posted by 1987cgamecock:
When they beat us more than once in six years I will worry. They will lose in columbia this year.
As long as they win the conference, I'm not sure a loss to us would necessarily keep them out of the playoff. Obviously there are several other factors, but it's not the same as it used to be. I like the playoff, but our game doesn't mean as much as it used to mean. Neither team has been in serious contention for a national championship for a long time, so we just rarely saw how important our game could've been under the old rules.

Not really...1 loss teams from the Big 10, SEC, and PAC 10 can pass and undefeated ACC team to make the playoff. FSU was nearly passed last season because of lack of strength in their schedule. If they had not been a champion trying to repeat, they may have missed the playoff thanks to the weakness of their conference schedule.

If Notre Dame does well, now that they are playing ACC teams in football, they will go to the playoff to represent the ACC IMO.

Kornblut shouldn't spew that type of garbage during our Jr. weekend either.

Originally posted by 1987cgamecock:
Really flash? What years in the past 30 have they finished the regular season ranked in the top 8?
Isn't the subject about the next two years?...Have you noticed the talent Dumbo is bringing in? Do you know who they play in the regular season? Have you looked at the recruiting classes of there opponents? The last 30 years has nothing to do with the next 2 to 3 years...

I wouldn't bet a ton of cash on it, but it could happen. Who knows how high Deshaun's ceiling is.

Originally posted by Cackdiesel:
This. With Jameis gone, Louisville and clem have legitimate shots. Petrino and daybo are battling us daily on the recruiting front and, unfortunately, they are winning many of those battles.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT