ADVERTISEMENT

Lammons Apology! Must Read.

The punch was dumb.......but the UT receiver had him grabbed under the pads and was trying to throw him around and they were 5 yards deep in the end zone and the play was no where near them and it was over. The end zone dance by Crosby was the one who needed to apologize. He almost cost us the game.

The punch was dumb.......but the UT receiver had him grabbed under the pads and was trying to throw him around and they were 5 yards deep in the end zone and the play was no where near them and it was over. The end zone dance by Crosby was the one who needed to apologize. He almost cost us the game.
He jabbed the guy in the stomach and then punched him in the face...

Had he not hit the other player, that guy would probably have gotten a flag. I forgive him, but he can't be that dumb.

Reactions: GarnetHeart32
Good for 3.

BTW, we played most of the game without our 2 best secondary players due to ejection. This was a yuge team effort and a great win. CL3 will learn from this and be a part of the next big win. Get Mizzou, then let's fight Fla. This team has a chance in all remaining games.

People that never played can't understand how bad some can get caught up, and let their anger take over. I played in hs with a kid that turned into a psycho on the field. He got kicked out of SC HS ball in the 80's, yet he went to the Naval Academy

THIS. Football is a game of emotions. It's so easy to criticize. This team is young & they gotta learn. All in all, these kids played their asses off tonight

Forgiven. And I have to admit I laughed out loud when I saw the replay because I sometimes have the same reaction to orange.

Seriously. Don't let it happen again. We are making some progress. Lead, man.

GOCOCKS! BEATMIZZOU!
Agree. And to your last sentence, "Lead, man", you can bet his teammates watched the replay and felt different than the refs... He was fighting the man off, its war, he made a mistake, but he fired up his mates. They came together and continued to fight back and they won. They became a team tonight. Build build build. Bad times and good times ahead, but I enjoy watching a coach build a program. Impressed with champs post game comments. Paraphrasing: Great win, but we've been here before, act like it, long way to go, keep working...

We've got another great story to tell on the 'cruitin trail tonight/tomorrow.

Big win tonight!

We're in good hands folks.

It was dumb and I hope he learns from it. Having played and coached, I get the emotional part of it. One part I don't understand is after the gut punch, why punch the helmet? Nascar folks do that crap. Only person that will hurt is the one doing the punching.

Reactions: cockyferg
Nice to see an apology. Definitely stupid, but we all lose it in the heat of the moment sometimes. Glad his absence didn't cost us the game and someone else stepped up in his place.
I hope throwing the punch gets him a huge punishment from the coaching staff. That's pure BS. If they take the chance to make him an example, we might not ever see it again. Glad to see an apology but that's pretty easy to do. Time for staff to set an example.
And to go a step further, offering a scholly to the drug dealing CB from Greemwood (Chalmers) that got kicked off the tatertown team is an embarrassment. Muschamp needs to realize this is not UF with players like Hernandez......we need to make sure we don't get too many of the Holtz-type bad apples, and this would be a great place and time to start. Don't need to kick him off, but let him sit 3-5 games, and see how he responds on and off the field during that time.

I hope throwing the punch gets him a huge punishment from the coaching staff. That's pure BS. If they take the chance to make him an example, we might not ever see it again. Glad to see an apology but that's pretty easy to do. Time for staff to set an example.
And to go a step further, offering a scholly to the drug dealing CB from Greemwood (Chalmers) that got kicked off the tatertown team is an embarrassment. Muschamp needs to realize this is not UF with players like Hernandez......we need to make sure we don't get too many of the Holtz-type bad apples, and this would be a great place and time to start. Don't need to kick him off, but let him sit 3-5 games, and see how he responds on and off the field during that time.

Hahahahahahaha . . stupidest post of the day. Take a lap dude. Sit 3-5 games, lulz.

Dang, man. Glad you aren't coach.

Dang, man. Glad you aren't coach.
Don't get me wrong......I'd have a harder time saying this if had been Clowney or someone like that, but I do believe that's what needs to be done, particularly in year 1 of a HC job. Set an example and others will follow. We saw what ended up happening when Lou Holtz had a bunch of scoundrels on the team. Bad apples (and I'm not saying Lammons is one but what he did was Miami-ish) can ruin leadership of a team. It solves a LOT of potential problems from ever becoming problems because they know the result. Unfortunately, offering the kid from Greenwood is probably indicative of Muschamp's "culture" from Athens and Gainesville.

Hahahahahahaha . . stupidest post of the day. Take a lap dude. Sit 3-5 games, lulz.
Hopefully you'll "get it" one day, but clearly that's not going to be now. And I realize I'm "old school" but this is way too much of a "no consequences" attitude for me. Fighting is truly part of professional hockey, but it has no place in college athletics....period.

Oh, get over yourselves. We need more players that care. It was an immature move by someone who should know better, but I don't think he is a bad guy.
I don't know him so I have no idea if he's a "bad guy"....but I sorta doubt it. Probably just immaturity, but I'm just telling you an example can be set that can be noticed for the future. A lack of discipline only says it's OK.

Anybody that thinks this is that bad either never played, or did not have fight in them. In the heat of the moment sometimes things happen. Sure he felt stupid afterwards but manned up about it. He won't do it again. Sure he felt like let team down, and it sucked for him I know missing most of game. He has been good player. Didn't beat up his girlfriend. Could have happened to any one of us that age, especially old rednecks like me lol.

Reactions: mbsurfside

Sit 3-5 games ? Are you kidding ? He threw a punch not stab somebody. They Tenn player is partially to blame. It was a mistake and he already got punished.

Hopefully you'll "get it" one day, but clearly that's not going to be now. And I realize I'm "old school" but this is way too much of a "no consequences" attitude for me. Fighting is truly part of professional hockey, but it has no place in college athletics....period.

Fighting happens in football. It's a contact sport. Think you are overreacting here

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT