ADVERTISEMENT

Lesser of two evils at&t or spectrum.....

Spectrum is what I’m on right now. 400 mbps for $30/month. 2 yr price lock.

We’ve cut the cord and stream everything. I can be on a video conference and my kids will have 2 TVs going at once and we’ve never experienced slow download speeds.

I know people hate them both but we have never had any issues with Spectrum. The one time we had a technician have to come out he spent an entire day checking everything in the area to finally find the hub box that wasn’t properly grounding that was causing our intermittent issues.

We had ATT for years and it was always a nightmare with their customer services which is what pushed us to Spectrum.

Reactions: savoirspur74

We’ve cut the cord and stream everything. I can be on a video conference and my kids will have 2 TVs going at once and we’ve never experienced slow download speeds.
That's one heck of a deal. I don't of any internet services that will touch that and that's with 100 Mbps or less. Usually the promo is only for 3 months or 6 at the most.

Reactions: Dizzy01 and gr8spur
That's one heck of a deal. I don't of any internet services that will touch that and that's with 100 Mbps or less. Usually the promo is only for 3 months or 6 at the most.
Yeah, that is an excellent price and even a better one if it is not package with TV and a landline (triple package. Usual rate for 400 internet with Spectrum by itself would be $89 or higher per month.

AT & T, Spectrum, Verizon or around here Comcast are nothing more than service providers.
Your internet speed and reliability are going to depend on the aerial/buried cable in regard to distance servicing your house.
Always check for a good deal, but keep in mind should you begin to experience any issues, it is very common for the provider to refer you to your local phone provider to check the lines ( which usually begins the finger pointing routine)

Spectrum hands down. 20 years and lost internet maybe 5 times in those years. AT&T is the devil

Yeah, I was shocked at the rate they quoted me. I just called to signed up after we moved into a new home and the lady told me they had a special with a 2 yr price lock.

The only caveat - I do have a spectrum business account for my office which is about a mile away from my house. The lady could see that I’m paying $100/month for Spectrum Business. But she didn’t say that was the reason I got the $30 residential special.

1 other thought- since it recently became available, Google Fiber has been taking business from Spectrum in the Charlotte market. Maybe Spectrum is trying to combat that.

I have had AT&T for years. We just recently moved and were told they did not offer internet service here, despite my having been told by 3-4 different neighbors that they had AT&T fiber! We went with Spectrum. Best Buy mounted my TV's and were pushing getting an Apple TV to stream using the Spectrum app and save a few bucks a month getting rid of the Spectrum modem. Since then? CONSTANT PROBLEMS. We have watched 20 minutes of tv in 6 weeks because it constantly locks up. They have sent a tech out who basically told us the problem is with the app and they have no control over the app. So we are stuck and I am livid with all of these morons.

It will help your internet connectivity if you wire up as many devices as you feasibly can, which will reduce the stress on your WiFi network, regardless of the ISP used.

I recently purchased an ethernet adapter for an Amazon Firestick and connected it up. No more buffering!

Still a good idea to have a rooftop antenna installed to pick up area broadcast channels.

If you live in an HOA in a stand-alone dwelling, the HOA cannot prevent you from installing an outdoor antenna. Any such rulings are bogus and illegal.

FCC's OTARD (Over-the-Air-Reception-Devices) Rule

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT