ADVERTISEMENT

Locking political posts

I figured out a long time ago that I'm not as smart as you think you are. If you ever arrive at the same conclusion, then maybe we can talk.

LOL

I fugred out long ago message boards aren’t real life. Hopefully you’ll figure that out too.

If you ever arrive at the same conclusion, nah....

Start a "Bring Back Smalltalk" poll.
Small Talk doesn't need to come back ever. Dudes were on there talking about race wars and stuff. It was one of the reasons I ditched my subscription to TIF and just access the free board. Small Talk only died after Obama became Presudent and the liberal faction of the board became more vocal. Even here, political posts can go on and on. Once a liberal challenges a little too forcefully, the reports to the Mods start. The problem is not talking about politics. The problem is some want to dish out shots and turn into complaining snowflakes when they get incoming.

Last edited:
Small Talk doesn't need to come back ever. Dudes were on there talking about race wars and stuff. It was one of the reasons I ditched my prescription to TIF and just access the free board. Small Talk only died after Obama became Presudent and the liberal faction of the board became more vocal. Even here, political posts can go on and on. Once a liberal challenges a little too forcefully, the reports to the Mods start. The problem is not talking about politics. The problem is some want to dish out shots and turn into complaining snowflakes when they get incoming.
Your last sentence hit the nail on the head. But iirc, smalltalk died during Trumps first year (Thanks Trump). When the investigations started, many worked into a daily fevered pitch. But, as you stated above, the mods got tired of the complaints from mostly trump supporters that dished it out but were wholly incapable of taking it in return, even a little. I never saw much about starting race wars, but there were 3 posters who couldn't see the blatant racism in their posts. I assume they are elderly folks.

Reactions: uscalumni
All I can say is THANK GOD . Many like myself came back to the board when the political posts went away . There’s a time and a place and this ain’t the time or the place . I truly believe every person has a right to their opinions but these were not “Political Discussions” I was seeing on this board , it was kindergarten bullshit from both sides and it was becoming Ridiculous. Literally EVERY thread had some sort of political interjection and it was generally coming from a select crowd . I applaud the Mods for locking and deleting these political posts and if you don’t like it then go start your own message board and bitch away otherwise just put a lid on it .

Your last sentence hit the nail on the head. But iirc, smalltalk died during Trumps first year (Thanks Trump). When the investigations started, many worked into a daily fevered pitch. But, as you stated above, the mods got tired of the complaints from mostly trump supporters that dished it out but were wholly incapable of taking it in return, even a little. I never saw much about starting race wars, but there were 3 posters who couldn't see the blatant racism in their posts. I assume they are elderly folks.
You may be right about Small Talk ending during the beginning of the Trump administration. I just remember it being a time where more liberal posters, or Conservative posters who just didn't like Trump, became more vocal.

Reactions: ClowneyPosse
I figured out a long time ago that I'm not as smart as you think you are. If you ever arrive at the same conclusion, then maybe we can talk.
Agree. The way it was put to me when I was younger—-“son,when (if)you reach the point in life of realizing how much you don’t know instead of thinking how much you do know,that’s when you really start learning “.

Agree. The way it was put to me when I was younger—-“son,when (if)you reach the point in life of realizing how much you don’t know instead of thinking how much you do know,that’s when you really start learning “.

LOL

I’m not young.

There is plenty I don’t know about. I just don’t learn anything productive from most posters, like King, on here

Had to laugh, my wife is a Democrat and me a Republican so there's no chitchat on politics at all. It never ended in a casual convo so we band political talk.
Funny...same here. My wife is a democrat and me being a Republican. There is a lot of discussion on politics in my household and the more we talk and listen the more we realize that we may actually be Independents. I no longer vote party lines but actually listen to the candidate and actually hear what he/she has to offer. What a novel idea...

Reactions: ClowneyPosse
LOL

I fugred out long ago message boards aren’t real life. Hopefully you’ll figure that out too.

If you ever arrive at the same conclusion, nah....
You are lying. You are a verbal anarchist, and you are obviously very serious about it.

"While we are toppling offensive symbols, what about the Democratic Party?"

"The Democratic Party historically is the party of slavery. The Democratic Party is the party of Jim Crow laws. The Democratic Party fought civil rights for a century. And so by rights — or at least by the standards established by the Cultural Revolutionaries of today's American left — we should ban the Democratic Party."

https://www.chicagotribune.com/columns/john-kass/ct-statues-democrats-kass-0820-20170818-column.html

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT