ADVERTISEMENT

Looking at the 2016 Schedule I can see at least 7 or 8 wins....

Just a bit early for me to be putting a number on the wins- sort of reminds me of some on here talking about what a great idea it would to have Hoke as a "coach in waiting" when he was hired. Before we had even played a game. Too soon for me, but I am enjoying reading the predictions.

If you don't win at a minimum of six games with that easy schedule, I will be SHOCKED. 3 EASY out of conference wins. ECU has a new coach, shouldn't be close. USC should beat UK and Kentuck 8 -10 times easily. No excuse for losing to either. That puts you with 5 sure wins. Missouri will suck. UGA new coach, no experience. UT and TAMU at home. USC will win 8 in my estimation and you should be very upset with anything less than 7

Yep we should beat the EASY out of conference teams...

I don't think that we should count any game as a win until the end of the game. Remember the Citadel? We should be improved just because we wont have a HC that quits on the team.

Better temper yourself. Our HC didn't do such a hot job at his last stop, and his OC was also shown the door from UF. Furthermore, our new DC has never been a DC before. As bad as Adams, Ward and Hoke were, we may not see a significant improvement in coaching, at least at first. Certainly, it's to be expected that there will be errors and mistakes. What is unknown is the steepness of the learning curve, especially with our new DC. The guy up at Clemp is pretty good these days, but he didn't start out that way. We whipped him multi years in a row.

I think we found one of the Muschamp haters...

Reactions: Lakecock1
Yes, no need for predicting next years schedule... For fun...on a football message board... Let's all sit in silence and bewilderment over the goings on around us.

I actually counted that as a loss about two weeks before the game...
No, he's a Gamecock hater.

He keeps referencing recruiting but if you look over the roster it's not near as bad as some make it out to be so they can slam the former coaches. We have a lot of young talent and it remains to be seen if any of them will be play makers. But at least (I feel like) we'll have better coaches to develop them.

I think 7 wins and a bowl game should be the lowest anyone expects. I'm hoping for 10-11. And I believe it can happen.

If you don't win at a minimum of six games with that easy schedule, I will be SHOCKED. 3 EASY out of conference wins. ECU has a new coach, shouldn't be close. USC should beat UK and Kentuck 8 -10 times easily. No excuse for losing to either. That puts you with 5 sure wins. Missouri will suck. UGA new coach, no experience. UT and TAMU at home. USC will win 8 in my estimation and you should be very upset with anything less than 7
It would be hard to lose to UK and Kentucky considering they are the same program. LOL

It was coaching that lost that game....

2 point loss to Kentucky
7 point loss to TAM
3 point loss to Tennessee
1 point loss to The Citadel

along with poor coaching against Missouri, Florida & Clemson could have been 7 to 10 wins this year... With a backup QB...
If "if"s and "but"s were candy and nuts...

We went 3-9 with a loss to the Citadel. And we lost our best player. I don't see us getting to 6 wins.
Trying to think back to what was said last off season. Seems like our HOF coach even thought he had "something special" this past year... and the year before that, too.

We're at the bottom of of our conference and somehow some of u think we will win 7 games next year. We are losing our best players, our recruits should help out in the future but not next year. Come on back to reality.

We're at the bottom of of our conference and somehow some of u think we will win 7 games next year. We are losing our best players, our recruits should help out in the future but not next year. Come on back to reality.

Seeing how this is your very first post... I would think you being a tater wouldn't want troll around here seeing how y'all almost lost to a 3-8 team...

There is a serious dearth of talent on this team. If you can't see it or if you can't see the difference between our team and many of our opponents when it comes to conditioning, there's not much I can do for you. It can't be overcome in 1 off-season. It took us 3 years to get to 2015. It'll take at least that long to get us back in the hunt. I appreciate the optimism, but some of you guys are going to be sorely disappointed next year because it's going to be another sub-500 year.

I disagree, we have a lot of young talent on our roster. 4 star players that are young and inexperienced, but not lacking in talent.

While we have 3 road SEC games to start the season (not counting ECU) they are against Vandy, UK, and a Mississippi St. team that will be replacing Dak Prescott. Not exactly the toughest the SEC has to offer. I fully expect to see our current roster having to bust their tails in the Spring for the new coaches. I'm not going to join the chorus who are looking for 4-5 wins next year. I like our chances of making a bowl game next year.

Reactions: Matte Black
I disagree, we have a lot of young talent on our roster. 4 star players that are young and inexperienced, but not lacking in talent.
We're obviously not lacking in talent, we are losing most of our best players (we're gaining some solid talent as well) but unless we somehow magically appear in the ACC or the American conference experience is going to be our achilles heel. I think 4-5 wins is a reasonable expectation. I'd be ecstatic with 6-7. I'd be completely sold on Muschamp's ability to get us to the top of the east if he can hit 6-7 wins with next year's team.

I don't think a 7 win season is out of the possibility. Most feel that due to us having a down season means we have ZERO talent, that I simply not true. Coaching goes a long way and with the changes we have made 7+ wins is not unrealistic.

I don't think a 7 win season is out of the possibility. Most feel that due to us having a down season means we have ZERO talent, that I simply not true. Coaching goes a long way and with the changes we have made 7+ wins is not unrealistic.
Just unlikely. I just want to see improvement, that's all. I believe Muschamp will be a process. The basis of success will come from HIS recruiting, and that will obviously take time.

We should win 3-4 non conference
We should beat uk and vandy. Can u guys find one or two more wins? I think so

Are u guys serious abt 4-5 wins?? That's loser mentality right there. Almost laughable.

Guys, we didn't have a coach last season. We had assistant coaches didn't want to be there. We had cancers on the team. We almost won 4 games.......

7-8 wins. Easy

We should win 3-4 non conference
We should beat uk and vandy. Can u guys find one or two more wins? I think so

Are u guys serious abt 4-5 wins?? That's loser mentality right there. Almost laughable.

Guys, we didn't have a coach last season. We had assistant coaches didn't want to be there. We had cancers on the team. We almost won 4 games.......

7-8 wins. Easy
Not sure if I'd say 7-8 easy but this schedule doesn't look as daunting as most over the past 5 years. Even then, it isn't as easy as the tallest midget contest the team in the upstate plays (no matter how fools rank the midget league pre-season...which was a complete joke this past year) and while I feel sure we'll improve on the defensive side we won't know how the offense is going to look judging by returning players. Hopefully the new coaches will be a huge upgrade and they bring in some play makers that can help immediately.
But I see know reason we can't win 7 and with a little luck maybe 8 or more.

Reactions: Lakecock1
I don't give a hoo-haa about the number of wins as long as it lands us into post season play. No bowl, fair or not, it will be perceived as a failed first year. Get to a bowl game, then we have made progress. Win a bowl game, successful first season.
I agree. I think if BOOM doesn't get us in a bowl next year he will be awful difficult to live with.

This is what I want to see.
Get the best recruiting class that the staff can sign in February
Put in the new offense/defense in the spring with players on the roster knowing where they fit
Work hard over the summer getting bigger and stronger
Fall get everyone on the same page and working together to be the best we can
Season get better each week
If they do this then the wins will take care of themselves. Spurs Up

I agree. I think if BOOM doesn't get us in a bowl next year he will be awful difficult to live with.
6 wins should be the bare minimum of expectations for any fb team in any league. I thought we were long past minimum expectations here after '09-'13, but it seems like we have a lot of fans that have resorted back to the old mentality that 6-7 wins and reaching a bowl is a good season.
I'm sure Boom would disagree with them!

Reactions: cockfight#
Why does everyone count UK as an easy win despite the fact that UK has won 2 straight in the series and the game is in Lexington?

Why does everyone count UK as an easy win despite the fact that UK has won 2 straight in the series and the game is in Lexington?

Because we managed to win 11 strait against them before our head coach's dementia set in and he refused to hire competent assistant coaches.

With the inexperience qbs, lineman and only 1 quality rb that was spotty at times last year, six wins will be quite an accomplishment next year, we're not playing in the ACC, this is the big boys conference and you better have your studs and be ready to play, inexperience will get you killed.

Reactions: 5pointsalum16
With the inexperience qbs, lineman and only 1 quality rb that was spotty at times last year, six wins will be quite an accomplishment next year, we're not playing in the ACC, this is the big boys conference and you better have your studs and be ready to play, inexperience will get you killed.
Couldn't agree more. If we were playing in the damn American conference or even the ACC a bowl game would be a must. People forget we're going to field an obviously less experienced team (with decent talent) next season than we had this season. Hopefully the QB position will be improved, but without Pharaoh Cooper this past season we might have not won a football game, and he's gone. You don't just replace a guy like him immediately. He will have a phenomenal pro career if he can stay healthy IMO.

Reactions: Dutch Cock
http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-16/2016-south-carolina-gamecocks-football-schedule.php

Date Opponent Time/TV Tickets
Thursday
Sep. 1 at Vanderbilt Commodores
Vanderbilt Stadium, Nashville, TN TBA Buy
Tickets

Saturday
Sep. 10 at Mississippi State Bulldogs
Davis Wade Stadium, Starkville, MS TBA Buy
Tickets

Saturday
Sep. 17 East Carolina Pirates
Williams-Brice Stadium, Columbia, SC TBA Buy
Tickets

Saturday
Sep. 24 at Kentucky Wildcats
Commonwealth Stadium, Lexington, KY TBA Buy
Tickets

Saturday
Oct. 1 Texas A&M Aggies
Tickets

Saturday
Oct. 8 Georgia Bulldogs
Tickets

Saturday
Oct. 15 --- Open Date --- ---
Saturday
Oct. 22 UMass Minutemen
Tickets

Saturday
Oct. 29 Tennessee Volunteers
Tickets

Saturday
Nov. 5 Missouri Tigers
Tickets

Saturday
Nov. 12 at Florida Gators
Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, Gainesville, FL TBA Buy
Tickets

Saturday
Nov. 19
western-carolina1.gif
Western Carolina Catamounts
Tickets

Saturday
Nov. 26 at Clemson Tigers
Memorial Stadium, Clemson, SC TBA Buy
Tickets

Saturday
Dec. 3
sec-logo-70.png
SEC Championship Game
Georgia Dome, Atlanta, GA TBA ---
I can see 7 or 8 no problem. Hey that's why they play the game. You might win them all.

We didn't lose 9 games this year because we had less talent than 9 of our opponents. It was because we were a team in turmoil. I think a bowl game is a reasonable expectation next season and really should be the minimum expectation every season.
I agree with this. We don't lose 9 games last season with better coaching & a defensive staff that wasn't so inept last season. Even if we're only 25% better than last year we can win 5 games. If we get a ball or two to fall our way we could win more than that. First things first, Champ & the staff need to keep up the great work on the recruiting trail & let's get as much talent as we can on the team & go from there.

I agree with this. We don't lose 9 games last season with better coaching & a defensive staff that wasn't so inept last season. Even if we're only 25% better than last year we can win 5 games. If we get a ball or two to fall our way we could win more than that. First things first, Champ & the staff need to keep up the great work on the recruiting trail & let's get as much talent as we can on the team & go from there.

We just needed defense in the last couple of years... Could have a couple more 10 win seasons.... But,everything happens for a reason.

Any Gamecock fan who feels 4 wins is not a realist or a real fan. With a defense even 10% better than this year's we win 6 or 7 games. The year before, we possibly win 10 or 11. My big concern is that without Cooper, Wilds and Carson..........that our O drops even further. We need playmakers on offense. I doubt we'll be playing the Cover 2 defense with safeties 20 yards back this year, so that'll be a relief.
Listen to GCC podcast from 12/24... They even said if SC wins 6 games next year it would be considered a tremendous success. That just look at UK game and you can tell the lack of talent SC has compared to those teams. They feel it will take 3-4 years to get 7+ wins. That we are looking at 4-5 wins next year... I think people forget it wasn't all coaching but mostly we don't have SEC or ACC talent across the board. Hoping for the best but won't get my hopes up until Muschamp can get 2-3 classes in.

Listen to GCC podcast from 12/24... They even said if SC wins 6 games next year it would be considered a tremendous success. That just look at UK game and you can tell the lack of talent SC has compared to those teams. They feel it will take 3-4 years to get 7+ wins. That we are looking at 4-5 wins next year... I think people forget it wasn't all coaching but mostly we don't have SEC or ACC talent across the board. Hoping for the best but won't get my hopes up until Muschamp can get 2-3 classes in.

I stand by my original post...........sorry, but a GCC podcast doesn't determine results. Call me crazyo_O

I stand by my original post...........sorry, but a GCC podcast doesn't determine results. Call me crazyo_O
Your right... Talent determines results. But there is a reason why the writers from Gamecockcentral get paid. They research and look at the talent of this team more than any of us. They know more and hear more than we can. If you watched this team you too know that we don't have talent across board. UK has much better skilled players than us. I hope you are right but we lost to Citadel... If we had SEC relent we should beat them with second and third team players. We couldn't beat them with our first string. As long as no one blames Muschamp then we will be okay moving forward. People expect him to build a team out of nothing. He will only be able to do so much.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT