ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Rice got there man

Poppycock, Wooden is a has been. He only won 10 titles and the first didn't come until about 20 years after he began coaching at UCLA.

Today he wouldn't have lasted a week because today there's no room for failure in college sports. This is a business now. Win or else. The living vicarious demand it and will have it or else, and the lily-livered school functionaries see paychecks disappearing if they don't find a winner soon.

Yeah, I'm being stupid. I am an admirer of the coach.

frustrated-cameron-o.gif

I don't see how this particular quote applies, if you don't think fan pressure and the over all perception of the football program from fans has an impact on the decisions made by Muschamp and Ray Tanner , you're wrong. For a blatant example you need no further than than Tennessee. I know that's an extreme situation, but if ticket sells start to suffer as a result of a bland ineffective offense and the fans blame Roper, a change will be made. This situation is not one where we have no influence and we have to accept it .

Reactions: clemsonfan3
I don't see how this particular quote applies, if you don't think fan pressure and the over all perception of the football program from fans has an impact on the decisions made by Muschamp and Ray Tanner , you're wrong. For a blatant example you need no further than than Tennessee. I know that's an extreme situation, but if ticket sells start to suffer as a result of a bland ineffective offense and the fans blame Roper, a change will be made. This situation is not one where we have no influence and we have to accept it .
I think the Rice fans knocked out Roper also.

Not sure why we have had so much focus on the Rice job unless some of y'all are also Rice fans.

Roper is not going to be the OC as SC next year. Isn't that all that matters?

You certainly have the opportunity to organize, and/or participate in, a group-based effort to have Roper removed. I would consider such efforts fruitless and damaging to the university, regardless of the outcome. Instead of demanding that someone be fired, I prefer to focus on how I can do my work better.

You certainly have the opportunity to organize, and/or participate in, a group-based effort to have Roper removed. I would consider such efforts fruitless and damaging to the university, regardless of the outcome. Instead of demanding that someone be fired, I prefer to focus on how I can do my work better.

We just sit here quietly and hope?

The bigger damage is to accept an offense that is inept and unimaginative. What top tier offensive talent is out their dreaming of playing in Roper's offense.

Exactly what do you mean by "I prefer to focus on how I can do my work better". I don’t disagree with this sentiment in general, but fail to see how it has any bearing on our offensive problems. (This not intended to be a smartass reply, I'm just not getting your point and I thank you for discussing this without taking things personally. I may not agree with your position , but I do respect the way you present it)

Wrong more like Carolina message boards,all rice had to do is come over here and see what we thought of him.

That's exactly what they did. A simple google search would have returned multiple negative posts regarding Roper from SC fans. Rice fans were calling him SC's "reject" as recently as last weekend on their boards. Apparently, he's not good enough to be the head coach at Rice, yet he is good enough to continue to command an offense that exploded for 17 points against La.Tech, is bottoms in our league and also capable of garbage-time TD's against our rival's second string.

If the Rice administration are basing their hires on FB message boards, they wouldn't be able to find a suitable candidate.

Reactions: rogue cock
Here we go with blame it on the fans.

So a google search of negative comments about Roper is why Rice didn’t hire him.

Maybe they used that same thing called google to figure out our offensive stats. Maybe if this board would have sunshine pumped he would have been hired. If you really are that uneducated there probably isn’t much I can add

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT