ADVERTISEMENT

Loving some Muschamp right now

Muschamp gets it with recruiting. He takes the few second to tweet out a "#SpursUp" and talks with these guys constantly. Say what you will but his work ethic preceded him and is continuing
Yeah but to be fair Edwards had comitted to us early and of course we recruited the local guys.

Reactions: usc1wme
We want Ridley here bad we need him that would help us greatly at W.R. that gives you a
different look and combination. If he wants to play as a freshman this is the place
GO COCKS

Ridley & Edwards would make for one hell of a 1-2 punch at WR. We also have Googer, Carlton Herd & Deebo Samuel as well.

Ridley & Edwards would make for one hell of a 1-2 punch at WR. We also have Googer, Carlton Herd & Deebo Samuel as well.
I tell ya, I'm liking DJ Neal. I think that kid could be our next Cooper. Tremendous speed.

I tell ya, I'm liking DJ Neal. I think that kid could be our next Cooper. Tremendous speed.
Yes Neal! I knew I was leaving a guy out. I'm hoping we have at least 4 very good targets at WR next season & also hope that we are not hesitant to play our freshman WR's like we did this past season.

Edwards, DJ Neal, Samuel, Hurst..... lots of talent right there.... and if we can pick up a couple more commits like Ridley.... we'll be in business. Neal has great hands and Hurst a ton of potential. Debo needs to stay healthy. A group to be excited about for sure.

Reactions: gamecockblack
The only downer has to be that Spurrier Jr. pinned him as a WR and Clemson offered him as a safety. Given that Clemson's last 5 WR to complete eligibility (or turn pro early) are on NFL rosters........... (Including a 5'10" white kid from Dorman that nobody else offered), I'd say the staff in the upstate has been better at evaluating WR talent. For goodness sakes Clemson had a walk-on this year that would have been Perry Orths #1 target going into next year if he was in Columbia.

Kid is definitely a good athlete, but it does make you question it a bit.

The only downer has to be that Spurrier Jr. pinned him as a WR and Clemson offered him as a safety. Given that Clemson's last 5 WR to complete eligibility (or turn pro early) are on NFL rosters........... (Including a 5'10" white kid from Dorman that nobody else offered), I'd say the staff in the upstate has been better at evaluating WR talent. For goodness sakes Clemson had a walk-on this year that would have been Perry Orths #1 target going into next year if he was in Columbia.

Kid is definitely a good athlete, but it does make you question it a bit.
There's a certain smell of spuds in the air with this post: like leaving out the WR's that the Gamecocks have put in the pros during that same period. I concede that Clemson developed and utilized their WR's better, this year. That ain't saying much, all things considered.

There's a certain smell of spuds in the air with this post: like leaving out the WR's that the Gamecocks have put in the pros during that same period. I concede that Clemson developed and utilized their WR's better, this year. That ain't saying much, all things considered.

Pharoh Cooper- Recruited as a defensive back
Bruce Ellington- Recruited as a basketball player
Alshon Jeffrey- could have gone anywhere in the country....... not exactly a lot of talent evaluation to do there
Ace Sanders- good get
Sidney Rice- signed by Lou Holtz

I do think Deebo Samuel will develop into a nice player.

If you guys are talking position needs, you need to start with QB. Until we get at least a decent one it doesn't matter who we recruit. We already have two 4* QB's on the roster. Hopefully the light really comes on for one of them. Of course Nunez needs more reps before we can really judge but C Mitch is a mystery after his HS career

Don't forget about Shaq Davidson at (WR).

So what the heck happened to him? I know he redshirted due to a knee injury in H.S., then hurt his knee again (same knee? other knee?). Is he done or looking to come back? I was really looking forward to him doing good things when we got him out of Gaffney.

If you guys are talking position needs, you need to start with QB. Until we get at least a decent one it doesn't matter who we recruit. We already have two 4* QB's on the roster. Hopefully the light really comes on for one of them. Of course Nunez needs more reps before we can really judge but C Mitch is a mystery after his HS career

You're right. When it comes to QB play. There are the "haves" & the "have nots." I don't understand why there are so few good QBs in the country. Seriously.....it seems like there was only 3-4 good QBs in every conference. How is that even possible?

Reactions: G.I. Joe
You're right. When it comes to QB play. There are the "haves" & the "have nots." I don't understand why there are so few good QBs in the country. Seriously.....it seems like there was only 3-4 good QBs in every conference. How is that even possible?
Guys, the real position of need is linemen on both sides of the ball. We need some serious upgrade in coaching and talent. The whole game is won or lost at the LOS. We need big uglies and lots of em.

Reactions: GCMD2
Guys, the real position of need is linemen on both sides of the ball. We need some serious upgrade in coaching and talent. The whole game is won or lost at the LOS. We need big uglies and lots of em.

I agree with you, BUT........ The only school that has big time success based on strong OL/DL and mediocre QB play is Alabama. So, I agree with you, I just think QB play is more important than ever. OL/DL play has always been critical and upgrades there is definitely needed.

We are okay at WR, it is RB where we are really thin.

David Williams is going to thrive in this new offensive scheme that relies heavily on speed in the open field. He wasn't utilized right in the previous offense. He is not an up the middle back. Get ready to see plenty of RB screens with Williams.

Nunez will also thrive in this new offense. We'll have Nunez, McIlwain, and look for Jake Bentley to commit soon as well for the 2017 class. We're gonna be set at QB for years.

Love the Edwards commit. The more big time recruits Champ lands the more hearts he will win over. I just want the guy to succeed here at SC.

We all do; I wasn't in favor of this hire, but now that he's our coach I want him to be ultra successful.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT