ADVERTISEMENT

lsu 2 fire mainieri, lost 2 lamar & sac state...... oh the humanity:-( *

SeShe baseball.
tell us again, how does it feel 2 choke on a chicken bone n omaha, not one time, not 2 times, not 3 times, but 4times.....who would dare write a story like that? .....hollywood?.........no moo u:)
He has a national title as a head coach.

Bad comparison.
makes it even worse doesn't it..sorta like the necks that wanted 2 run ray off....course r necks can't even recall ray's quote about how hard it is 2 make cws.

Chad does not have 1/1000th of Ray's baseball resume. He has no credibility as a head coach compared to someone like Ray.

Reactions: RayGilda
So what have you seen from Chad that makes you like him so much? Any improvement in any particular area? Any improvement from season to season or from the beginning of the season to the end of one?

He does occupy a seat pretty well.
cause i can remember the rednecks that wanted 2 run ray off after 10 yrs.

Reactions: Silverspur02
I beg your pardon....or as casey sez, "u could look it up"........ 6 games over .500 in conference play n a 4 yr span.......r rednecks were howlin'
He also didn't take over a program that had just played in 3 straight CWS and won two of them and was left a team loaded with talent. Ray built it....Chad is systematically destroying it.

But he had a history of going to the CWS. Chad doesn't have that.

It's different even if you don't acknowledge the obvious.

I beg your pardon....or as casey sez, "u could look it up"........ 6 games over .500 in conference play n a 4 yr span.......r rednecks were howlin'

He also didn't take over a program that had just played in 3 straight CWS and won two of them and was left a team loaded with talent. Ray built it....Chad is systematically destroying it.
And what is your answer? Fire Chad and do what? And who is the coach to your liking ? Just asking. Go Cocks

Monte Lee or Jim Toman....two that have proven themselves.
rogue Monte Lee is going,and got a good gig at Clemson, Jim Tomam might I say might be the answer.you know what u got but don't know what you get.give it the rest of the season,and see how it turns out .our AD will do the right think, go to have face my men .Go Cocks

I looked it up but couldn't find it.. Please tell me which years Lee or Toman went to the CWS??
Lee went to the Super Regionals in 2014 and Regionals in 2015. Toman went to the Regionals in 2013 and 2014. But did it with there own players. Where's Holbrook's CWS participation? He couldn't even do it with a loaded cupboard.

Lee went to the Super Regionals in 2014 and Regionals in 2015. Toman went to the Regionals in 2013 and 2014. But did it with there own players. Where's Holbrook's CWS participation? He couldn't even do it with a loaded cupboard.

Neither of those are the CWS. Holbrook went to Super Regionals in 2013 and Regionals 2014. And those were his players, since he was the one that recruited them.

Last edited:
Some fans are pathetic. Let the season play out. By the way, Ray Tanner was 34-26 vs. Clemson (57% win percentage). So far Chad is 7-5. (58%). I seem to recall losing to Clemson in the regular season and winning a national championship. Chill out.

True,

Super Regionals, to Regionals at Home where we lost for the first time ever when we hosted

to out of the NCAA tourney completely.

Neither of those are the CWS. Holbrook went to Super Regionals in 2013 and Regionals 2914. And those were his players, since he was the one that recruited them.

True,

Super Regionals, to Regionals at Home where we lost for the first time ever when we hosted

to out of the NCAA tourney completely.

I hate to bore you with statistics, but it is not the first time ever we lost when we hosted. We lost a super regional with probably the best team ever at South Carolina to Louisiana Lafayette. A team with the best pitching staff in the nation. A team coached by Ray Tanner.
It's baseball. It happens even to the best of teams. Even to the best of coaches. Sometimes, for the first time ever.

I hate to bore you with statistics, but it is not the first time ever we lost when we hosted. We lost a super regional with probably the best team ever at South Carolina to Louisiana Lafayette. A team with the best pitching staff in the nation. A team coached by Ray Tanner.
It's baseball. It happens even to the best of teams. Even to the best of coaches. Sometimes, for the first time ever.
The problem is the pattern and hopefully he gets it going in right direction this year. But we have regressed each year and it is not like he inherited a team that had to be rebuilt. No excuse in us not making tournament, and if it happens back to back then we have an issue.

Ray Tanner was named Head Coach in 1997.

"The Gamecocks were greatly improved in 1998 and finished with 44 wins and a berth in the NCAA Tournament. In 1999, Tanner led the Gamecocks to the SEC East Division title for the school's first division crown. Starting in 2000, Tanner help guide Carolina to one of the most successful stretches in program history. The Gamecocks made the College World Series in 2002, 2003, and 2004. The 2002 team finished runner-up after losing to the Texas Longhorns in the championship game. The South Carolina baseball team has made the NCAA tournament every year since 2000, and they currently have the longest streak of NCAA tournament appearances in the Southeastern Conference."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Tanner

Reactions: Lakecock1
Some fans are pathetic. Let the season play out. By the way, Ray Tanner was 34-26 vs. Clemson (57% win percentage). So far Chad is 7-5. (58%). I seem to recall losing to Clemson in the regular season and winning a national championship. Chill out.

One big difference, Ray Tanner had 57% win percentage when Clemson was good. Clemson really hasn't been good since Chad took over the program. I really believe if we do not make a regional Chad will be looking for a job. Even my 74 year old mom thinks its time for a change. We must improve this year or that is it for CH.

Reactions: Lakecock1
The problem is the pattern and hopefully he gets it going in right direction this year. But we have regressed each year and it is not like he inherited a team that had to be rebuilt. No excuse in us not making tournament, and if it happens back to back then we have an issue.

I agree. If it happens back to back, then we have an issue. I thought that last year an assistant coach or two was needed to be changed, but it didn't happen. I don't think Ray lets it slip more than this year, but I'm willing to let it play out, unlike others who are ready to fire him now.

Reactions: atl-cock
I agree. If it happens back to back, then we have an issue. I thought that last year an assistant coach or two was needed to be changed, but it didn't happen. I don't think Ray lets it slip more than this year, but I'm willing to let it play out, unlike others who are ready to fire him now.
I agree, it is a long season and hopefully we start hitting and make a good run. I hope we start playing well, are competitive in the conference and then make noise in tournament. If we fail to make tournament then to me changes have to be made.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT