ADVERTISEMENT

LSU better be ready for a good screwing by the refs

That catch fumble 6 for OSU that was called back was the most outrageous thing I've seen since the 1st down call before the Clowney hit.
Yea it was kind of a big difference in the game. You cant mess with God’s favor though

If Lawrence runs against LSU as much as he ran last....he'll never finish the first half.
Yeah and yet a one legged QB from Clemson kick our A once. Clemson players don’t sit and rarely leave early. They leave it all on the field. TL will run and the taters will beat LSU.

Reactions: griffgolf
I have no idea who wins but LSU's defense isn't on Ohio State's level, nor do they have a pass rusher of Chase Young's caliber.

While he wasn’t completely absent, he really did not impact the game as much as the hype indicated he would. I didn’t see that many double teams either. Actually Lawrence juked him 3-4 times on runs.

Yeah and yet a one legged QB from Clemson kick our A once. Clemson players don’t sit and rarely leave early. They leave it all on the field. TL will run and the taters will beat LSU.[/QUO
Are you a betting man?

While he wasn’t completely absent, he really did not impact the game as much as the hype indicated he would. I didn’t see that many double teams either. Actually Lawrence juked him 3-4 times on runs.
That field was really slippery. He had Lawrence on a big run and slipped down. Likewise, on the first TD run by Dobbins, he broke left and the safety fell down on the cut.

We're you watching Hurts get pummeled time after time?
Are you not aware that Oklahoma was not even on the same page as the top 3. I’m not saying Clemson will win but they would beat the breaks off Oklahoma. LSU D is not as good as Ohio state. You can’t believe that.

Reactions: griffgolf
I have no idea who wins but LSU's defense isn't on Ohio State's level, nor do they have a pass rusher of Chase Young's caliber.
Honestly Chase Young did nothing last night..he may be good but doesnt do much in big games

Are you not aware that Oklahoma was not even on the same page as the top 3. I’m not saying Clemson will win but they would beat the breaks off Oklahoma. LSU D is not as good as Ohio state. You can’t believe that.
They may have better db's though

They may have better db's though
I’ll concede to that one but I think it’s a straw pick. However LSU line is no where near as good as OSU. I’m worried that will open up the run game for Clemson. It will also give Trevor Lawrence time to throw. Their receivers are good enough that if given time they will get some separation. It will be a shoot out no doubt. I think Clemson d is better than LSU. The game plan again will be bend don’t break. They will try to make them settle for field goals. Just like in the game last night.

If Lawrence runs against LSU as much as he ran last....he'll never finish the first half.
Have to disagree.....LSU is a LOT slower and not nearly as good defensively as OSU. Should be a lot of points scored in NOLA. No way taters stop LSU. If they hold them to 35, taters win. My guess is LSU 45-taters 37

I’ll concede to that one but I think it’s a straw pick. However LSU line is no where near as good as OSU. I’m worried that will open up the run game for Clemson. It will also give Trevor Lawrence time to throw. Their receivers are good enough that if given time they will get some separation. It will be a shoot out no doubt. I think Clemson d is better than LSU. The game plan again will be bend don’t break. They will try to make them settle for field goals. Just like in the game last night.
Look I think the one difference could be is that they have played against multiple fast big defenses and offenses where as Clemson has played a few and they(LSU) basically rested last week.Lastly but more importantly there offense is the most explosive in 2019.Does that mean they win of course not but it can't hurt.

Have to disagree.....LSU is a LOT slower and not nearly as good defensively as OSU. Should be a lot of points scored in NOLA. No way taters stop LSU. If they hold them to 35, taters win. My guess is LSU 45-taters 37
You really think LSU is slower than OSU? Possible but a team like LSU imo will always have more speed than a northern team.Call it regional bias but I call it fact.Time will tell boss

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Honestly Chase Young did nothing last night..he may be good but doesnt do much in big games

Taters had a 5* OT blocking him. Young had 16 sacks this season. Ohio State got to Lawrence and hit him a bunch of times. He just doesn't take many sacks, and kept getting back up.

The problem was it was ruled on the field as a fumble recovery and score. There was video evidence to the contrary but that evidence was in question and In such cases the ruling on the field takes priority.

Please except my apologies Jonesz21.. I think I had you confused with someone on another thread.. Im sorry.

Yeah, I think I've got him confused with someone else on another thread.. I do apologize. Please except my apologies
I know the one you're talking about. But there's also another one lurking on here using a different handle since he got outed last time...

You really think LSU is slower than OSU? Possible but a team like LSU imo will always have more speed than a northern team.Call it regional bias but I call it fact.Time will tell boss

My take/opinion on this is that you're right, just an opinion, but I tend to think that years ago (80s/90s), the first "team speed" we saw was the old Miami Hurricanes. That was when a change started to occur. SEC got there first and typically not only had the best teams but also the most depth, so for some time, I think there was more speed in "the South". But I think that has evolved into teams from the west coast (Oregon) to the midwest (OSU) to the East (PSU), down to the south (SEC/FSUs/taters/Miamis, etc.), and throughout the west (TX/OK?TT/Baylor/A&M, etc.). So I honestly see the "speed" neutralized these days. I think ND, WI, and a few more are still "old school" slower type teams that have not changed.

As specifically comparing LSU to OSU, the team speed is very close....W/Rs have an edge (not so much speed as ability) at LSU, OL is not as good, QB team speed is comparable (OSU faster, but LSU "better"). DL of OSU I think is faster, OL similar.....DBs very close. So overall, I do think that "speed" is over-rated for the South being "faster". Anyways, just an opinion as I don't see any way the taters slow down LSU that much (I thought UGA did a great job, and better than the taters will do), but I also suspect the taters will score more on them than anyone else has (save bama).

Reactions: Garnetskies
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT