ADVERTISEMENT

LSU/Missouri

Drinkwitz went with a new QB to start this week. He looked legit out there today. 29/35, 400+ yards, 4 TDs.

That coach at Missouri has already transformed their offense I guess. I was never impressed with Kelly Bryant.
Bryant did not come close to living up to the hype. He was recruiting energy that should have been spent elsewhere (with the benefit of hindsight).

Bazelak has a limited sample size, but even the most casual observer could tell that he is better than Bryant. Great vision, calm in the pocket and keeps his eyes downfield. Steps up in the pocket with pressure. Throws accurate balls. He made completions to guys today who might not have even played in a game in a normal year. He has a couple of turnovers, but KB was good for what seemed like 3-4 a game.

I like the new offense from Coach Drink. If you don't recruit like Alabama, then you need something that is going to slow down those defenses at least a little. It really seemed to work well today, but LSU blew a ton of assignments, and that's not just the offensive scheme. Overall lots to build on.

LSU will lose 3 more games this season. Bank on that!
Agree. Their defense was lost way too often. Little Bo Pelini converted the D from a 3-4 to a 4-3. That may be the right move based on personnel, but he has a lot of guys out there who just don't know their assignments. Some of that was them not handling the eye candy in the offensive scheme very well, but there is a difference between biting on a play fake and being a step out of position vs. nobody in the frame on the TV screen except the guy catching the ball

Reactions: olpolecat
Also on LSU D. This is from Gabe DeArmond's game recap on Powermizzou: "Some of the holes Rountree and Badie had to run through were big enough to accommodate proper social distancing. "

Perhaps a bit of hyperbole there, but it made me laugh.

Also on LSU D. This is from Gabe DeArmond's game recap on Powermizzou: "Some of the holes Rountree and Badie had to run through were big enough to accommodate proper social distancing. "

Perhaps a bit of hyperbole there, but it made me laugh.

Just think how big the holes will be when they play us. They will be M1 Tank size. Bobo better be planning on scoring on every drive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT