ADVERTISEMENT

Lurking Dawgs take Heed........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Star rankings are just a grade on potential. It doesn’t measure heart and work ethic. Based on skill level, Samuel and Edwards are both 5 stars. The Smith boys are high 4s. I believe this is our best O-line in years. We will match up well. It will be hot like Hell...in an intimidating Stadium.
About your OL, it looks like you have 3 (?) seniors on the starting OL, but the second string has 3 freshmen. Is that true? With the heat in Cola, I would think that quality substitutions would be very important.

Why are yours as a unit better? I get Deebo, but what have your other guys done? I'm not asking as in I don't think they have done anything. I honestly don't know.

Bryan Edwards is a late first rounder ,early second, Alston type wr, Shi Smith didn’t drop a pass last year and you couldn’t touch him in phone booth (and yes I know how good you UGA guys are at touching dudes in phone booths) and Josh Vann may turn out to be the best of the group. We’ve are experienced and deep at TE, I’m not breaking them down.

About your OL, it looks like you have 3 (?) seniors on the starting OL, but the second string has 3 freshmen. Is that true? With the heat in Cola, I would think that quality substitutions would be very important.

You should worry more about your team surviving the sweltering heat (Carolina is used to it) and the intimidating atmosphere of Williams-Brice?

Bingo! How many times have we heard the urban legend about Mark Richts top five recruiting classes. Somebody did the math and Richt averaged between 9 and 11 depending on the recruiting service. Of course half the guys Richt signed ended up somewhere else. Richt had two top 5 classes in 15 years. Kirby will have three in a row and based on the early signings, four in a row. Mark Richt is all about family balance and taking a day off to the pool. Kirby is ALL football and not about the pool. For what ever reason, most South Carolina fans believe a lot of myths about UGA. Alabama fans know what we’re up too and it’s pissing them off that Kirby has closed their candy store taking all the best players.
UGA 2 hours away from Atlanta if that. Atlanta has more 5 star players than South Carolina has 4 stars...just think if GT had a decent coach that ran an offense that wasn’t designed during Nixon era, they could have some talented teams.

You should worry more about your team surviving the sweltering heat (Carolina is used to it) and the intimidating atmosphere of Williams-Brice?
The UGA OL is very deep with elite players. I'm thinking we may have the advantage there. Hoping to outlast your DL.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Depth should definitely be an issue for both teams with the heat.

Doesn't look to me like you think KS needs any more time to prove himself, looks godlike too me! I'll be real honest with you, Muschamp may never beat Kirby in recruiting or on the field, but I wouldn't trade with you straight up, just me but I just like Muschamp better as our coach! And remember if it wasn't for little ole South Carolina inquiring about Kirby, y'all might still be stuck with that terrible coach Mark Richt!

Did you just say Champ might never beat Kirby, but you would take Champ over Kirby?

Star rankings don't always translate on the field, but UGA has eight 5 star players on the offensive roster. I've seen some Carolina fans say that your WR's are better than UGA's. Georgia has three 5 star wide receivers. (Godwin, Hardman and Robertson) Not disparaging Deebo and company, but if star rankings mean anything, then..... In his latest article about this past weekend, Mike Farrell make an exclamatory statement praising UGA's offensive speed. Weeks ago a well known prognosticator said that UGA had the best AND the second best OL in the SEC. In summation, I would probably disagree with Danielson.

I don’t totally agree with him but he may be on to something

Bryan Edwards is a late first rounder ,early second, Alston type wr, Shi Smith didn’t drop a pass last year and you couldn’t touch him in phone booth (and yes I know how good you UGA guys are at touching dudes in phone booths) and Josh Vann may turn out to be the best of the group. We’ve are experienced and deep at TE, I’m not breaking them down.

Or’Tre!!!!

Why are yours as a unit better? I get Deebo, but what have your other guys done? I'm not asking as in I don't think they have done anything. I honestly don't know.

Bryan Edwards. Shi Smith. Ortre are all outstanding receivers. But from sound if these Dawgs they know nothing other then their team. Look you mouth breathers. I don’t think we have an advantage at most positions but at WR I think we do and most outside of Dawg fans would agree

UGA 2 hours away from Atlanta if that. Atlanta has more 5 star players than South Carolina has 4 stars...just think if GT had a decent coach that ran an offense that wasn’t designed during Nixon era, they could have some talented teams.

Athens is about one hour from Atlanta, but Atlanta is ringed with football factories in the bedroom communities of Gwinnett even closer to Athens. In fact, if you drive down Hwy 316, Athens and the Atlanta suburbs are almost connected the way it’s growing. I swear football in those places from Rome, Cartersville, Roswell, Alpharetta, all the way to Buford is like what Soccer is to Brazil. I know South Ga doesn’t want to hear it, because Colquitt County is #1 in 8A, but N Ga is just stacked. North Ga is like the SEC of high school football and if Georgia Tech gets another coach I’m sure they will be back getting four star players from these parts. They got Calvin Johnson when Chan Gaily was there. Our problem now is getting Clemson out of our footprint.

Reactions: Pee Dee Dawg
Bryan Edwards. Shi Smith. Ortre are all outstanding receivers. But from sound if these Dawgs they know nothing other then their team. Look you mouth breathers. I don’t think we have an advantage at most positions but at WR I think we do and most outside of Dawg fans would agree

UGA fans know y’all have good WRs. All we are pointing out is that we are deep at WR as well. We are just fans, the coaches on both teams know what’s what.

Star rankings are just a grade on potential. It doesn’t measure heart and work ethic. Based on skill level, Samuel and Edwards are both 5 stars. The Smith boys are high 4s. I believe this is our best O-line in years. We will match up well. It will be hot like Hell...in an intimidating Stadium.
The team won't be intimidated by Columbia. No disrespect but most of our guys played at South Bend, JAX, SECCG, Rose Bowl and NCG last year. They know what it takes.
Talent absolutely matters especially when coaching keeps the talent focused. Bama has out talented teams as much if not more than they've outcoached teams. Kirby is much better at this than Richt. Could we lose? Absolutely... it's CFB by 18-21 year olds, but this team is on a mission. Talent matters.
https://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/comparing-floridas-talent-to-its-sec-east-rivals/

Why? You don't think a Muschamp coached defense is 10 points better than Austin Peay?
Fromm only played 4 series against Austin Peay (none in the 2nd half). Fields only played 4 series (3 1st half and 1 2nd half). Downing (our walk on 3rd string freshman QB) played most of the 2nd half and the game was shortened by 5 minutes in the 4th quarter. All of Fromm's possessions ended in points and 3 of Fields' 4 possessions ended in points. We could have scored 80, but we were very vanilla... now the fun starts... conference play!

Where exactly do you think Athens is located? We're Athens, GA not Athens, MN. Our weather is the same as Columbia.

Athens is about one hour from Atlanta, but Atlanta is ringed with football factories in the bedroom communities of Gwinnett even closer to Athens. In fact, if you drive down Hwy 316, Athens and the Atlanta suburbs are almost connected the way it’s growing. I swear football in those places from Rome, Cartersville, Roswell, Alpharetta, all the way to Buford is like what Soccer is to Brazil. I know South Ga doesn’t want to hear it, because Colquitt County is #1 in 8A, but N Ga is just stacked. North Ga is like the SEC of high school football and if Georgia Tech gets another coach I’m sure they will be back getting four star players from these parts. They got Calvin Johnson when Chan Gaily was there. Our problem now is getting Clemson out of our footprint.

I hear ya
I’ve even offered to trade Pickens County to y’all for some napkins

The team won't be intimidated by Columbia. No disrespect but most of our guys played at South Bend, JAX, SECCG, Rose Bowl and NCG last year. They know what it takes.
Talent absolutely matters especially when coaching keeps the talent focused. Bama has out talented teams as much if not more than they've outcoached teams. Kirby is much better at this than Richt. Could we lose? Absolutely... it's CFB by 18-21 year olds, but this team is on a mission. Talent matters.
https://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/comparing-floridas-talent-to-its-sec-east-rivals/
Click on this link. It should go a long way toward settling the argument begun by Gary Danielson.

You just can’t fix stupid..

Why? You don't think a Muschamp coached defense is 10 points better than Austin Peay?

You realize From only played 4 series, Fields played only 1 series in the 2nd half and the 3rd stringer played the rest of the game. In addition, the AP coach asked for a running clock but by rule that could not happen, But the 4th qtr was shortened to 10 mins by agreement between the coaches and officials. One other thing, do you know the team you played had something like 67 or 69 freshmen on the game day roster playing the chickens?

You realize From only played 4 series, Fields played only 1 series in the 2nd half and the 3rd stringer played the rest of the game. In addition, the AP coach asked for a running clock but by rule that could not happen, But the 4th qtr was shortened to 10 mins by agreement between the coaches and officials. One other thing, do you know the team you played had something like 67 or 69 freshmen on the game day roster playing the chickens?
[Sigh] See my post #68.

You will be intimidated. You have brought just as good teams to Colombia before and left with a loss. The Georgia players have commented every other year how the environment is just relentless for 60 minutes.

You will be intimidated. You have brought just as good teams to Colombia before and left with a loss. The Georgia players have commented every other year how the environment is just relentless for 60 minutes.
LOL... they won't be intimidated. I really don't know if we've had this much talent before. We're probably deeper than we've ever been, especially in the trenches.

Carolina fans think that Jake Bentley will run a hurry up offense and get the ball out quickly to some good wide receivers. As a UGA fan, I think that UGA has a really good OL and back up OLs that would start for many other teams. Carolina has 3 seniors on their starting OL but has 3 freshmen on their 2nd team OL. Substitution will be very important in this game. As this hot and humid game goes on, Georgia will substitute liberally and keep elite OL fresh. Carolina will substitute young, inexperienced OL in or continue to play tired starters. Georgia will begin to overwhelm the SoCar defense in the second half. Georgia has 3 excellent running backs to substitute in and pound the rock. If Carolina stacks the box, UGA has three 5-star WR's and a plethora of 4 star WR's and TE's. QB Jake Fromm had a higher QB rating than Jake Bentley last year and took his team to overtime in the national championship game.

UGA played just 12 of 22 starters in the 2nd half vs Austin Peay. Meanwhile in Columbia you played your starters the entire game. You have very little depth anywhere........most especially the DL and DB's. Now Wonnum is hobbled.

Didn't you guys have to go on 4th down TWICE just to keep drives alive?;)
The only guy y'all have that would play for us is Samuel, not sure he would start over our guys though. You boy's are over matched and sadly all of you have bought into whatever Muschamp is selling. This is going to get UGLY for you people..........................

I remember a pretty good Georgia team in 2012 rolling into Columbia. They got their entrails pulled out. You better be ready because South Carolina will be.

UGA played just 12 of 22 starters in the 2nd half vs Austin Peay. Meanwhile in Columbia you played your starters the entire game. You have very little depth anywhere........most especially the DL and DB's. Now Wonnum is hobbled.

Didn't you guys have to go on 4th down TWICE just to keep drives alive?;)
The only guy y'all have that would play for us is Samuel, not sure he would start over our guys though. You boy's are over matched and sadly all of you have bought into whatever Muschamp is selling. This is going to get UGLY for you people..........................

You clearly didn't watch our game and generally don't know what the hell you're talking about. Probably ought to read more and post less.

This is a solid comment. Depth could be a factor on a warm afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT