ADVERTISEMENT

Mac Brown & Un-Carolina

Horseshoe 04

Jan 5, 2014
West Ramp
Are gutting Temple, and this old man is about to win a Bowl Game with a true freshman at QB. I am ready for Mac Brown retirement 2.0............ :mad:

It's good practice for the teams, but honestly, watching bowls for me is a real drag. They are basically meaningless. We have already had a bunch and none have been significant for much but the EMU QB taking out an official last night. We beat Ohio State twice early in the 2000's and then they played for the National Championship the next year. Clemson was destroyed by WVU and look at them now.

Don't get me wrong, I like the playoff games, and I think coaches and teams benefit from the bowl practices. However, unless I buzz by the TV or catch a score online showing one is close, I generally don't watch.

I will check the scores, and what I take from that UNC score is in line with your general concensus, but I also think Temple's recent run is long overdue to end. So like most bowl games, I'm not sure it really means anything. I'm going to work in the yard.

I'm surprised on how well they're able to execute their playbook. Yeah I know it's against Temple, but still, must be nice. Even on audibles, they look like they've practiced making good decisions. Hate to say it, but I'm envious.

Are gutting Temple, and this old man is about to win a Bowl Game with a true freshman at QB. I am ready for Mac Brown retirement 2.0............ :mad:
Playing true freshman QB’s are only an excuse for us, everyone else seems to roll with it and make the most of it. We use it as a season long crutch.

Maybe they can get a W over
Clemtech next year or the one after

Future does look better, Mac took Clemson to the wire this year then turned around and signed 5 of the top 10 in North Carolina, UNC has not done that since Mac left the first time. 2021 is a big NC class and word is Mac is in early on them and expects to sign another stellar class next year. Hope to at least make Clemson work for the ACC Championship and easy road to the final 4.

Look on the bright side of things. In another seven, eight seasons we'll be back to where we used to be and we'll be grateful. After that, the College Players Union will fix everythang.

tanner has chump on the 20 year plan. I figure in year 20 we will make another bowl game and chump will be making 15 million for a series of 4-5 win seasons. Tanner will be playing golf with members of the board still. #notadime

Reactions: Cock Fight
It's good practice for the teams, but honestly, watching bowls for me is a real drag. They are basically meaningless. We have already had a bunch and none have been significant for much but the EMU QB taking out an official last night. We beat Ohio State twice early in the 2000's and then they played for the National Championship the next year. Clemson was destroyed by WVU and look at them now.

Don't get me wrong, I like the playoff games, and I think coaches and teams benefit from the bowl practices. However, unless I buzz by the TV or catch a score online showing one is close, I generally don't watch.

I will check the scores, and what I take from that UNC score is in line with your general concensus, but I also think Temple's recent run is long overdue to end. So like most bowl games, I'm not sure it really means anything. I'm going to work in the yard.

Good points but I watch for the love of the game. I’m glad football is on.

We can be as anti NCcheat as we like but I have to admit that Mack Brown has fielded a well disciplined football team. Players seem to know how to react to offensive sets and be where they are supposed to be. They know how to tackle too. Apparently someone is coaching them well. Having a freshman QB as good as Howell helps as well.

We can be as anti NCcheat as we like but I have to admit that Mack Brown has fielded a well disciplined football team. Players seem to know how to react to offensive sets and be where they are supposed to be. They know how to tackle too. Apparently someone is coaching them well. Having a freshman QB as good as Howell helps as well.
He hired the best assistants he could find and took a CEO role.

You know, Mack Brown would have been the perfect guy to take over after Spurrier left. I wonder if Tanner even considered him?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT