ADVERTISEMENT

Mack Brown’s age doesn’t seem to be hurting his...

Mack is 68. That's when Spurrier appeared to peaked here. Started to decline at 69 and then the bottom fell out at 70.

He actually probably peaked about 65 or 66 and coasted on those recruiting classes for our big run.

Spurrier's age didn't affect his recruiting until he stopped trying and said the wrong thing. An old head coach can continue to recruit as long as most of the recruits don't think the entire staff is going to turnover while they're in the middle of their college career.

Reactions: rodemi
Mack is 68. That's when Spurrier appeared to peaked here. Started to decline at 69 and then the bottom fell out at 70.

He actually probably peaked about 65 or 66 and coasted on those recruiting classes for our big run.
Everyone is different, Spurrier lost interest. Mack Brown may not

Reactions: Brace1
I just looked at Brown's staff at UNC. Sparky Woods is on it in some low advisory position.

As for Brown out-recruiting us, it looks like he could contribute to BOOM!'s demise here.

I’m concerned
We need to be . Up here in NC he has the status of king. The way these heels talk you'd think they won something. They go God money at the University big big dollars so recruiting not a problem travel wise. They overachieved last year we underachieved.

Don`t know how - he expressed interest in our job and everyone laughed. Got to give him credit talk recruits into coming there when they don`t give a rat`s behind about football.

Reactions: jerryusc
We could have gotten Mack Sad
But glad we didn’t. He’s getting all the North Carolina guys yes
Doesn’t mean he would recruit as well here . Plus as you can see the talent level is high in NC this year in state. Point is I have my doubts he would win big here
So no not sad here at all

But glad we didn’t. He’s getting all the North Carolina guys yes
Doesn’t mean he would recruit as well here . Plus as you can see the talent level is high in NC this year in state. Point is I have my doubts he would win big here
So no not sad here at all
Muschamp's sure not winning big here either.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT