ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe Muschamp should take notes ...

FWB4294

Oct 21, 2012
When Chip Kelly coached his first game at Oregon they went on the road to play a Boise State team that they clearly outmatched . Boise beat the crap out of them . If you guys remember this was the game Blount Knocked out the Boise bench warmer that was Taunting him after the game . Anyway, a long time Oregon fan who made the trip sent a personal letter to the new coach about how disappointing the team performed and how embarrassed he was by the players attitudes . Freakin Chip Kelly sent him a handwritten apology letter and a personal check ( from his own account) reimbursing him for his gas , hotel room , and food ..... and paid for his season home tickets . Say what you want about Chip in the NFL ..... that's big time . Two years later they were playing for national championships . Don't need a check but we all deserve an apology for that lack of effort and preparation.

I hope that Muschamp is embarrassed....he should be. The team he coaches just got their asses handed to them in just about everyway a team can. He has work to do...and that job of instilling a tough workman like attitude is still a long way off as we all saw last night.

He couldn't cut it at Florida. I'm not sure why people think he'll do any better here. He's our Butch Jones. Mark it down.

People learn from mistakes. The two major knocks on him at Florida was his temper and his lack of offense. He seems to have a handle on his temper, so he has learned something. Now we will see if he will do what it takes to increase offensive production (I'm not in the locker room so I don't know if it is Roper, if Champ is unwilling to open it up and get creative, or it is a combination of the two).

They represent me. I have to answer all week for this kind of crap. I'm aware I'm not alone in that regard.
That kind of junk is the one thing I never thought Muschamp would bring with him here and allow to go on. Bad offenses, and other knocks against him I can sorta understand but that kind of crap I won't tolerate. At the least I expect Muschamp coached teams to be tough, play hard, don't make a lot of penalties. I never expected to relive the 2004 season.

I say make Chip an offer he can't refuse...kids want to play in explosive offenses. The defensive guys will come after you light up the scoreboard.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT