ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe this site improves after the great purge?

bbfa21579fb5ebd259463a8ef4f26cfb.jpeg

If those leaving were ones who started political talk, good riddance to them.
I never started a political thread but if one is started or a thread turns political I'm in! Politics are more important than sports in our day to day lives. If you don't like discussing it then I hope you don't vote. It's like handing a loaded gun to a baby. Plus I really enjoy discussing politics.

Reactions: Cybercock
And yes FTR I know Rivals controls what options we have, not the new owners so no down votes unfortunately.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
I never started a political thread but if one is started or a thread turns political I'm in! Politics are more important than sports in our day to day lives. If you don't like discussing it then I hope you don't vote. It's like handing a loaded gun to a baby. Plus I really enjoy discussing politics.
I have no problem discussing politics. I can do so, and have, with the best of them. In fact, I have worked for 2 politicians in my career, as a high-level appointee. There should be a forum for discussing current events. There used to be a separate forum here to discuss anything non-sports. There should be again. Sports can be divisive enough, without mixing politics in. Some people think they can change one's political opinions on a message board. It doesn't happen.

Last edited:
I have no problem discussing politics. I can do so, and have, with the best of them. In fact, I have worked for 2 politicians in my career, as a high-level appointee. There should be a forum for discussing current events. There used to be a separate forum here to discuss anything non-sports. There should be again. Sports can be divisive enough, without mixing politics in. Some people think they can change one's political opinions on a message board. It doesn't happen.
I agree with everything you said.

Sports message boards should not be overrun with political posts/threads like this one would be at times.

Sports message boards should not be overrun with political posts/threads like this one would be at times.
You don't have to read them, plenty of other threads are available. You don't like something that other people apparently do. So you want to shut down other people because they like something you don't like? How obnoxiously arrogant.

You don't have to read them, plenty of other threads are available. You don't like something that other people apparently do. So you want to shut down other people because they like something you don't like? How obnoxiously arrogant.

No...create a separate forum for all that junk instead of effing up thread after thread with it.

The problem is the same mouthy losers go in EVERY OTHER THREAD and start political crap. They ruin a lot of threads that have nothing political in them until the usual losers start trouble.

No...create a separate forum for all that junk instead of effing up thread after thread with it.
CockyTalk had a very vibrant and active political forum. It worked well. The only problem was that sometimes there were posters who I got along with really well in the sports forums, but then they would post nutty stuff in the political forum and spoil my view of them. I just like to pretend that since we're all Gamecock fans that we all agree on everything. Kumbaya.

Reactions: Gamecock Jacque
CockyTalk had a very vibrant and active political forum. It worked well. The only problem was that sometimes there were posters who I got along with really well in the sports forums, but then they would post nutty stuff in the political forum and spoil my view of them. I just like to pretend that since we're all Gamecock fans that we all agree on everything. Kumbaya.

I've always been a fan of the dedicated politics board. I feel like, if it's going to pervade all these conversations, at least move it off to the side. Because I don't think it can be washed away completely.

A lot of the people who talk about hating the intrusion of politics(myself included) in threads jump right in when it happens. So make a place for that, imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamecock Jacque
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT