ADVERTISEMENT

Men’s Basketball game thread

Wish that annoying announcer guy would turn his mic volume down a little

It’s nothing short of bad basketball and bad effort when the opposing big continues to beat the defense down the court for easy layups.

Reactions: gamecockblack
Coastal is getting every loose ball and making every dang shot. This will be a bad lose. We need to quit running stupid plays and go straight to the rim.

This offense looks like Frank has never given a thought that someone might show a 1-3-1.

We’re getting run out of the gym by Coastal. The worst part of all this is nobody is surprised. Time to move on from Frank. The Final Four run was great, but it’s clear he has no plan or ability to fix this. What a train wreck this program has been since that Final Four.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
This is terrible. Somehow in the process of CFM toning things down, he apparently turned that into not coaching at all

This has to be the beginning of the end for Martin. If it’s not, then our administration is even more incompetent than I thought…

Reactions: cockofdawn
This is terrible. Somehow in the process of CFM toning things down, he apparently turned that into not coaching at all

This has to be the beginning of the end for Martin. If it’s not, then our administration is even more incompetent than I thought…
Nobody will show up for games. And to be honest, they shouldn’t. Time to demand more from this program.

We’re getting run out of the gym by Coastal. The worst part of all this is nobody is surprised. Time to move on from Frank. The Final Four run was great, but it’s clear he has no plan or ability to fix this. What a train wreck this program has been since that Final Four.
Maybe coastal can get 3 wins to get just above .500.

This is a bad coached team...down 20 with 13 minutes to go and Coastal with 8 PF's and Gamecocks with 16 PF's???
Why are we also such a happy to throw 3's team??? 4-20 as of now! That will never cut it!!!

I just can’t wrap my head around what we’re doing against the 1-3-1. Its a defense with natural pressure at the point and wings. So what is frank trying? The point is running the the top, two wings, and a high screen? This is terrible basic basketball.

Frank Martin has never EVER been able to coach a basketball team or recruit players. How did any AD ever think he could.

I am very confused on Frank's offensive philosophy. What is he trying to do? It has no flow at all.

Frank Martin has never EVER been able to coach a basketball team or recruit players. How did any AD ever think he could.
It's fine to criticize him, want another coach or want a change but in light of his entire coaching career this is incredibly juvenile. It's this type of hyperbole that make the board intolerable at times.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
It's fine to criticize him, want another coach or want a change but in light of his entire coaching career this is incredibly juvenile. It's this type of hyperbole that make the board intolerable at times.
I have a countermeasure: keep sports in perspective. None of this really means anything.

Reactions: Cybercock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT