ADVERTISEMENT

Men’s Basketball game thread

Guys, think about the life lessons this team of young men will learn from this game. Life isn’t easy…it’s a grind and not always easy. We’ve got some beautiful people on the inside and this will only help them as young men.
This. I saw the question about lack of offensive philosophy but it's this. Every year it seems there has to be one game where the team plays street ball and Frank just watches.

This. I saw the question about lack of offensive philosophy but it's this. Every year it seems there has to be one game where the team plays street ball and Frank just watches.
Man I 100% agree. Frank is that type of coach that thinks he needs to draw up an a play on every position. Stupid. We will not win six games in the Sec

True. The blather does tend to clog up threads. Once we get the worst coach in America comments, we can queue the normal fire Tanner thread derailment followed by the echo chamber comments.
Maybe Coach uses a game such as this so the team will pay attention to him.

yet people on here laugh when someone brings up hiring Bob Richey at Furman, when we are blown out by 20+ pts to lowly Coastal Carolina, sad!.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Kornblut said the team went down yesterday and stayed in a very nice resort on the beach. He questioned that approach and said such a thing could make some members think this was a pleasure trip instead of a business trip, especially considering this is the 1st road game of the season.

Sounds like he was 100% correct.

This is a great harbinger for Coastal. It indisputably augurs a trip to the Final Four. Greatest win in the history of their program. Remember, it doesn't count in the conference and all our goals are still ahead of us. That's right, isn't it?

I,……. Uh. I don’t know

this feels like one of those moments where we get lost and go one some safari of losing.

king knows this is becoming too familiar. I hope they wake up

Well the ending was exciting for a second lol.
We got outplayed, got outcoached and most disappointing we got out hustled.

I like it. Gray final hit something and it was his old teammate from Lsu. Piss poor game. There will be a lot more losses

We should forfeit our next game. To try and tie the ball up with seconds remaining?? The coaches and players should be ashamed of that classless display. Handle that butt cutting like men.

It's fine to criticize him, want another coach or want a change but in light of his entire coaching career this is incredibly juvenile. It's this type of hyperbole that make the board intolerable at times.
Say what you wish but i am right and he is proving it every time he trys to coach game…juvenile it will be.

I have been as big a Frank defender as any on this board. I can no longer defend what I see.

This reminds me of the butt whipping we took at Timmons Arena against Furman under Darrin Horn. (Horn lost at Wofford, Charleston and just about everywhere in this state). That night I was embarrassed to be a Gamecock basketball fan walking out of the arena. Similar feeling tonight.

I have been as big a Frank defender as any on this board. I can no longer defend what I see.

This reminds me of the butt whipping we took at Timmons Arena against Furman under Darrin Horn. (Horn lost at Wofford, Charleston and just about everywhere in this state). That night I was embarrassed to be a Gamecock basketball fan walki

I see all the rainbow and unicorn posts, Frank should have been fired last year. He didn’t just lose to Kentucky or Gonzaga!!
So, instead of doing what was necessary, we go through the motions and waste another year. No rush, no pressure to get better. We just keep on doing what we've always done.

Reactions: aceman39
Worst loss of Martin's career here. Why are we scheduling away games against mid majors?
And we get to go to App State in football at some point in the future. Ugh.

Reactions: cockofdawn
What sucks is that the Sec is pretty dang good this year. I hate saying this but on offense we need to have a street ball mentality. Passing it around for 20 seconds don’t work. Coastal abused us on the dribble drive every freaking time they wanted to. Our guys should play with boxing gloves because we can’t grab the ball for crap. Our guards are weak and we set the weakest screens that I’ve ever seen. Fsu will smoke us, Army will probably beat us and Georgetown is not good but we will probably lose that game as well. Oh and Clemson will definitely beat us. I’m sure they will hit like 15 threes on us and abuse us inside in the dribble drive and dish.

So, instead of doing what was necessary, we go through the motions and waste another year. No rush, no pressure to get better. We just keep on doing what we've always done.
Take it up with Ray. I’m just a fan. Nothing more and nothing less.

Take it up with Ray. I’m just a fan. Nothing more and nothing less.
Teams lose to less talented teams all the time. Memphis just lost to Idaho State. I am still pulling for Coach Frank.

However, look at this year's recruiting class. Good athletes, not stellar. Most SEC level teams occasionally land stellar athletes (4* or better rated). Why can't we?

At some point, we just have to accept it is what it is. Our AD has endless patience.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
This thread is mostly similar to our football game threads. Filled with complete disappointment throughout. The only man that can fix this is the Athletic Director. Sadly, we don't have one.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Is Chadwell coaching the CC basketball team, too?

When you are losing, might as well have a sense of humor about it.

Teams lose to less talented teams all the time. Memphis just lost to Idaho State. I am still pulling for Coach Frank.

However, look at this year's recruiting class. Good athletes, not stellar. Most SEC level teams occasionally land stellar athletes (4* or better rated). Why can't we?

At some point, we just have to accept it is what it is. Our AD has endless patience.
Has Frank ever been a strong recruiter? I don't think so. Expecting that to change is not in the cards, I'm afraid. Still should have better talent than Coastal Carolina though.

Some obvious either forgot or didn't pay attention to our SC legislature and the University's request for funding for the medical school after last years basketball season.
Both forgot and didn’t pay attention.
Eddie Fogler thought he could. That's who Hyman hired to do the search. Fogler also gave us the infamous Darrin Horn.
Who cares what Eddie Fogler thought or now thinks. I care that Fogler is a UNC grad and that is where his loyalty lies! I do think was a good coach and wish he would have stayed here as coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT