ADVERTISEMENT

Miami is for real - I feel better about their chances of beating Clemson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This night is setting Clemson up for a Cakewalk to the championship game. Choklahoma is back now in top 4. Bama losing. UGA lost. Could end up being no SEC team in final 4. It could end up being Clemsux and a big nch of big 10 and big 12 Schools.

27-0 with :22 to go in half #1. Spanking those gold-domers!!

This night is setting Clemson up for a Cakewalk to the championship game. Choklahoma is back now in top 4. Bama losing. UGA lost. Could end up being no SEC team in final 4. It could end up being Clemsux and a big nch of big 10 and big 12 Schools.
It'll be interesting to see how the top 3 shake out after today.
But I'd say the taters aren't necessarily safe at this point.

It'll be interesting to see how the top 3 shake out after today.
But I'd say the taters aren't necessarily safe at this point.
The pollsters seem enamored with them. I don't think they're the best team in the country, but (if Bama loses) that's where they'll be ranked.

The pollsters seem enamored with them. I don't think they're the best team in the country, but (if Bama loses) that's where they'll be ranked.
I started to post a longer reply but then decided there's a lot more to see TONIGHT...too much to comment right now...So I edited.
And Bama just tied it with MSU.

I will say that even Uga has a better win than UPC, and their only loss is to a ranked team. So they should be in over UPC.

But it looks like we'll have a long list of 1 loss teams and that's why I simply stuck with saying it'll be interesting. And yes, the committee is enameled with the taters. But they'll have to justify keeping them in. After hearing the talking heads repeat the taters "control their own destiny" for weeks now it'll be funny to hear how they use the same phrase for both the taters and the U.

Reactions: 92Pony
I started to post a longer reply but then decided there's a lot more to see TONIGHT...too much to comment right now...So I edited.
And Bama just tied it with MSU.

I will say that even Uga has a better win than UPC, and their only loss is to a ranked team. So they should be in over UPC.

But it looks like we'll have a long list of 1 loss teams and that's why I simply stuck with saying it'll be interesting. And yes, the committee is enameled with the taters. But they'll have to justify keeping them in. After hearing the talking heads repeat the taters "control their own destiny" for weeks now it'll be funny to hear how they use the same phrase for both the taters and the U.
Enameled? Nice paint

After hearing the talking heads repeat the taters "control their own destiny" for weeks now it'll be funny to hear how they use the same phrase for both the taters and the U.

As it presently stands, Clemson and Miami will play for ACC championship (irrefutable) and a playoff berth (extremely likely). Winner goes on, loser goes home. The epitome of "controls own destiny" indeed.

As it presently stands, Clemson and Miami will play for ACC championship (irrefutable) and a playoff berth (extremely likely). Winner goes on, loser goes home. The epitome of "controls own destiny" indeed.
I wouldn't be so sure a one loss ACC team is a lock...just yet.
But I can see how a tater would.

I wouldn't be so sure a one loss ACC team is a lock...just yet.
But I can see how a tater would.
A one-loss ACC team may not be a lock, but a one-loss Clemson team certainly would be. You think we beat a top 4 Miami team, a probable top-5 Auburn team, and the committee is gonna say, "How bout them Badgers?!" Not a chance.

Big Clemson fan and alumnus here. No. Just no. If Wisconsin doesn't go undefeated, the Big 10 will have no one. If Oklahoma doesn't win out, the Big 12 will have no one. The PAC is out. If we win, we're in. If it's close, Miami may be in too. If Auburn wins these next 3 weeks, they're in. If Bama loses close, they could be in. There is a very real possibility the SEC and ACC could both get 2 teams in if it hits the fan (Auburn, Clemson, Miami, Bama). That being said, we need our number one corner (Fields) and pass rusher (Dex) if we have any shot at Miami. We also need Bryant to not throw wounded ducks like he has been.

It`s no wonder they`re enamored with them - their AD Radokovich and ex-player Bobby Johnson are 2 of the 13 members? That is fair? BS - give me computers anyday.

I see where you're going, but they are not allowed to vote for Clemson per committee rules

Canes last night made a huge statement. Only 3 weeks left of football (including conference championships).
There is still a lot of crazy things that can happen. Auburn could win out, UGA could lose one of their last two and you could have 2 teams with 2 losses playing for an SEC championship, and Bama on the outside.
We could beat Clemson and then they lose to Miami.
To many what if's to mention.
I love the anarchy

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
Canes last night made a huge statement. Only 3 weeks left of football (including conference championships).
There is still a lot of crazy things that can happen. Auburn could win out, UGA could lose one of their last two and you could have 2 teams with 2 losses playing for an SEC championship, and Bama on the outside.
We could beat Clemson and then they lose to Miami.
To many what if's to mention.
I love the anarchy
Miami is an overall faster team than the taters. Very good skill players. Last night, they would
Of curb-stomped the Pickens county bumpkins!:cool:

Reactions: Harvard Gamecock
Miami is an overall faster team than the taters. Very good skill players. Last night, they would
Of curb-stomped the Pickens county bumpkins!:cool:
No Miami is a overall faster team than Notre Dame. This is why they dominated them. Clemson is built on speed. Clemson healthy also has more depth than Miami. Clemson is just as fast as Miami.

Clemmons seems to be immune to injuries.

I wish that were true. We had 5 defensive starters not play yesterday and one not come back after the targeting call and 3 of those 5 were out for the NC State game. We played a TON of young guys yesterday and they still did well. Hopefully we can get those guys back before we go to WB.

Two years ago Clemson beat Miami 58-0 and last year beat USC 56-7.

I can't figure out Miami. They needed a score in the final minute 3 weeks ago to beach uncheat.

My understanding is Clemson`s AD and Former Tiger Johnson DO get to vote Clemson in. AD has to "leave the room" when Clemson is being discussed - wow. Don`t think Johnson does. So at least 2 out the 13 will likely vote them #1, unless Miami(or us) beats them. What a joke! Why do current AD`s get to be on the committee? Should be former coaches, whover, but they should limit committee to no more than one person with a direct connection to a school.

Clemmons seems to be immune to injuries.
Edmonds has been out all year, starting place kicker out for year, Mark Fields did not play yesterday, Dexter Lawrence did not play yesterday, Ryan Carter play one half before being concussed, Tanner Muse is playing with a cast(he is a safety, hard to cover with one hand) Tre Lamar went out with stinger, Van Smith finally back from injury, Mitch Hyatt has played on bad leg all year....I am certain I am missing a few

They won't be playing Clem at home.
Zactly. And it ain't like UM has beaten everyone they've played by 33 +/- points this year except for Duke and Holy Toledo. Suspect it'll be a tight game IMHO. Guess we'll see what we'll see on December 2nd!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT