ADVERTISEMENT

Mod's, can you please clean up all these negative comments

We’ve all been part of or watched a show where people are trying to overcome a bad situation. Only to have a person or persons making the situation worse with continual negativity which only enhances everyone’s frustration. All of us realize our program is down. Why not help positively instead of being that one that keeps bring up the obvious. So don’t be a captain obvious.

Reactions: hillstosea
We’ve all been part of or watched a show where people are trying to overcome a bad situation. Only to have a person or persons making the situation worse with continual negativity which only enhances everyone’s frustration. All of us realize our program is down. Why not help positively instead of being that one that keeps bring up the obvious. So don’t be a captain obvious.
I'm positive that we're at about a low as we can be right now and have nowhere to go but up.

Reactions: USC 1992
Fellas, we are now paying the price for those 2 baseball national championships. It is what it is. Can't get into a DeLorean and change history. So, that leaves only one other alternative. I believe in the old adage: "Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way".
We all loved Coach Tanner, and those baseball championships. Nobody expected the price we would pay for them a decade later. I do not blame R. Tanner directly. The powers that be wanted to reward him. Instead of moving his salary up a notch, they removed him from the job he excelled at, and promoted him into a job he was not qualified for. This decision by the board is why the baseball program is no longer a national power, and the football program is a colossal disappointment.

I hope people won't mind if I point out that we have absolutely no "free speech" rights on a board like FGF. The free speech protections protect citizens' rights to interference from government actors, federal, state, or local. Now if the FGF was owned and operated by USC, censoring content would be a problem.

If the comments were about the recruits we signed, or didn’t sign yesterday, the class was crap anyway. Muschamp was a dead man walking, Saw one service had USC at 44. By far the lowest ranked recruiting class in two decades. Anyone thinking Beamer would get that ‘fixed’ immediately, well I’ve got you some ocean front property in Kansas for sale. .
Shane better not follow his Dad’s road map, if he does he will be fired during year 6 or sooner. Frank’s first 6 years wins record:
Year 1: 2 wins
Year 2: 3 wins
Year 3: 6 wins
Year 4: 6 wins
Year 5: 5 wins
Year 6: 2 wins

Yet, VT stuck by him and they easily had a top 15 program for many years following his first six. I do agree, Shane can’t duplicate Dad’s first six. Good things sometimes come to those that wait.

I hope people won't mind if I point out that we have absolutely no "free speech" rights on a board like FGF. The free speech protections protect citizens' rights to interference from government actors, federal, state, or local. Now if the FGF was owned and operated by USC, censoring content would be a problem.

giphy.gif

Are you sure?? Just checkin'!! LOL!!! :cool:;);):cool:

about our University. it is well pathetic to see fans so down in the dumps.

I don't think too many are slamming the university as a whole. The football program? Yes. And rightly deserved. This isn't some youth league. It is big business. And many folks decide to spend a lot of money to support that effort. And the return on investment has been pathetic.

My first response was mostly in jest. But here's a question: Has anyone noticed that after 4+ years of the abject failure that was the Muschamp error and fans being told to that things were/would be fine and we weren't seeing what we were clearly seeing and to just shut up and accept our miserable lot in fan life that -- after ALL that -- there were and are hardly any threads started by "negative" (read: REALISTIC) fans asking mods to shut down posts by the relentless sunshine pumping crowd? Perhaps that same courtesy can be reciprocated?

There are plenty of those who are still miffed about the PROCESS that got us the Beamer hire, so the jury's still out on it. But after being proven to be right about Muschamp, they are still justifiably skeptical that the PTB made the homerun hire they claim they have, but has so far eluded them to this date.

The board is pretty negative, but it's a negative time for our men's programs. People want to vent a little. I'm a Beamer supporter and think it is counterproductive for people to continue to bash the hire. It's a done deal so give him a chance. But yeah, I don't think moderating out complainers is the answer unless they're just obviously trolling.

That said, a lot of people really don't understand much about how free speech works and must have missed their civics class. With few exceptions, we can all say what we want without fear of the government arresting or persecuting us. We have NO free speech rights on a privately-owned message board. I don't think the mods should delete posts complaining about the program, but if they did start doing that, it is no 1st Amendment violation. You could start an "all complaining all the time" message board if that happens if it bothers you that much.

Reactions: SCExile
Shane better not follow his Dad’s road map, if he does he will be fired during year 6 or sooner. Frank’s first 6 years wins record:
cadcock, you make an excellent point. In fairness to Frank, he inherited a VT program put on probation from his predecessor's time there. They were limited to a total of 85 scholarships for two years and 17 scholarships in his third year there. That's about as close to the "death penalty" as a program could get. Also, VT was an "independent" in his first four years there. Thus, Frank was VERY handicapped in the beginning at VT. But, you're right that Shane better not have that kind of start here.

I will say this: the fans are right to be ticked off. When Spurrier left, we were less than 2 years off a national number 4 ranking, including 3 straight Top 10 finishes. A good hire could have built on that and really carried the program to higher heights. But, instead, the hiring authorities pooped in their beds and brought in a proven loser. That's not Shane Beamer's fault. The hiring authorities at USC deserve all the grief and should be embarrassed for letting down the fans.

How very political of you....if half (or 60%???) of our group disagrees with a hire, or lack of representation during what is supposed to be a time to start generating positive momentum and hype....and expresses that worry - you can just live with it.
so much for freedom of speech sleepy joe.
They have been taught the opinions of others are not valid. They have the weakest critical thinking skills on planet Earth. They have been indoctrinated to muzzle the thoughts and speech of those who don’t think like them.

Non sequitur.
No kidding. You have to wonder what's going on when somebody posts something that is essentially meaningless and then they LOL!!! their own post. It's as if they are doubling down on their break with reality.

Y'all do understand that recruits and parents read these message boards nowadays. Sure bitch and complain some but this constant bitching about our school does nothing but bring more negativity and runs more recruits away. Go create some group message and complain in private if that's all you can do. Yes I can hit the ignore button, but it's about USC not me.
Gamecock Fans: We need a winning culture around here. Guys shouldn’t be satisfied with just showing up and then quitting on the team is unacceptable. You can’t win with guys like that on the team.

Also Gamecock Fans: Recruits read these boards. We don’t want them to think there are expectations of playing hard and winning or they might get scared off.

If the comments were about the recruits we signed, or didn’t sign yesterday, the class was crap anyway. Muschamp was a dead man walking, Saw one service had USC at 44. By far the lowest ranked recruiting class in two decades. Anyone thinking Beamer would get that ‘fixed’ immediately, well I’ve got you some ocean front property in Kansas for sale. .
Les Miles’ house is up for sale already?

I am all for free speech, but what if most of the negative posts were coming from bots controlled by the Clemson athletic department? Part of Clemson’s strategy is to censor all of their messaging to be positive. Some of you have noticed that for years. Their strategy seems to work.
Chk_T3_GGUYAA9hd_O.jpg

Reactions: DarkHorse2001
...It's as if they are doubling down on their break with reality.

And yet within your post referenced above, "their break with reality" somehow blends into yours.

I hope people won't mind if I point out that we have absolutely no "free speech" rights on a board like FGF.

But yet we do - at least to the extent Beck mentioned below...

If there is a specific post that violates rules, please feel free to report it.

WADR, Later!

This is correct

Reactions: jackrabbit slim
Y'all do understand that recruits and parents read these message boards nowadays. Sure bitch and complain some but this constant bitching about our school does nothing but bring more negativity and runs more recruits away. Go create some group message and complain in private if that's all you can do. Yes I can hit the ignore button, but it's about USC not me.
No Muschamp and his incompetence as a head Coach has already done this.

We all loved Coach Tanner, and those baseball championships. Nobody expected the price we would pay for them a decade later. I do not blame R. Tanner directly. The powers that be wanted to reward him. Instead of moving his salary up a notch, they removed him from the job he excelled at, and promoted him into a job he was not qualified for. This decision by the board is why the baseball program is no longer a national power, and the football program is a colossal disappointment.
Speak for yourself. The dumpster fire he created is exactly what I predicted.

Muschamp already took care of this year's class. It doesn't have anything to do with us expressing our opinions on FGF or any other Forum,. You can't blame the fans for this disaster. Tanner and Muschamp are to blame for this nightmare.

So, we have a choice of being Captain Obvious, or, Captain Oblivious. It's tough to be a gamecock.

We have become the most negative fan base. It was negative when WM was hired. He got fired and now we have a new coach. Shane has just started and many of the same fans are still negative. Why be a fan. It will take time. Let's give Coach Beamer time before we dump on him...
Negativity seems to hang around when sane individuals recognize idiot moves. How can thousands of causal fans know better than those whose primary job it is to ACTUALLY know better about such hires?

Ok I’ll clear it up for you . Many fans were “negative” about the Muschamp hire because 90% of all college football fans in America were LAUGHING at us for making such an idiotic hire . We fired him and proceeded to replace him with a guy who on paper has no qualifications to be a head coach in the SEC . That’s why people are negative, because our athletic dept appears to be absolutely clueless . Why should be have a shred of confidence in this athletic dept ?? Now I for one like the Beamer hire because at this point ... what the hell do we have to lose ?? The program is in the gutter and we’re getting out recruited by MAC schools so why not roll the dice right ?!? I can get behind Shane but I totally get why the fanbase is absolutely fed up with anything involving Carolina athletics that doesn’t involve Coach Staley . It’s a trainwreck and that’s being nice .
^^maybe best post of 2020. I suppose it’s “negative”...but it’s 100% true

Lol...yea they read them some. You ever seen a 10-0 Clemson teams safety give up a meaningless TD? Relentless on him. We are the fanbase that stopped spanking the kids....and it shows. Clemson still puts kids over their knee...and it shows

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
We have become the most negative fan base. It was negative when WM was hired. He got fired and now we have a new coach. Shane has just started and many of the same fans are still negative. Why be a fan. It will take time. Let's give Coach Beamer time before we dump on him...

This made me chuckle. People were negative when muschamp was hired, and now they're still negative?

Seems to me "they" were right, and maybe those opinions should be listened to more, not less.

Was thinking the same thing....and that was as independent (so...usually easier schedule by most accounts as long as you weren’t searching out Nebraska and Miami games)

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
^^maybe best post of 2020. I suppose it’s “negative”...but it’s 100% true

You get it bro . I’ll take a little bitchin and moaning over Apathy . Apathy is the absolute death blow of a program and we were closely approaching that . Show me a program that accepts the results of the last few years and I’ll show you a program like Wake Forest , Vandy , Georgia Tech etc etc etc . Unfortunately fans like the OP would have been fine with Muschamp sticking around for a few more years plunging our program into the depths . Thank god that we finally stood up as a fanbase and raised enough hell that Ray had no choice . Honestly how many times has this happened in our football history . I for one am very proud of the “Negative Nellies” that said enough is enough . Now Shane may turn out to be the greatest coach In our history but this Athletic Dept MUST EARN back our trust and our wallets . I’ll support Shane but I’m not spending a penny on this program until I see something worth supporting . It’s just the bottomline . Earn back our trust .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT