ADVERTISEMENT

More Hires Coming

Maybe they are solid to great hires like Stepp and Lembo.
Maybe they are dumpster fire hires like many of the others.
Time will tell.
I hope they are either established/reputable or considered talented/energetic/eager mix in the college game. More hires of guys who have accomplished very little in considerable time spent in a coaching career will produce some of these results that make you feel uneasy.

Maybe they are solid to great hires like Stepp and Lembo.
Maybe they are dumpster fire hires like many of the others.
Time will tell.
I hope they are either established/reputable or considered talented/energetic/eager mix in the college game. More hires of guys who have accomplished very little in considerable time spent in a coaching career will produce some of these results that make you feel uneasy.
I hope all these College GMs in waiting take a look at JC Shurbett's post about the ensuing negativity towards Beamer's every move. It Seems that Gunner Stockton is still onboard with the program because of the connection to Connor Shaw, but that he is getting more and more increasingly discouraged by the negative energy of the fans towards the program and coach he is committed to.

I hope all these College GMs in waiting take a look at JC Shurbett's post about the ensuing negativity towards Beamer's every move. It Seems that Gunner Stockton is still onboard with the program because of the connection to Connor Shaw, but that he is getting more and more increasingly discouraged by the negative energy of the fans towards the program and coach he is committed to.
Moral of that story is stop making dumbass hires!!!! Apparently JC Schubert thinks he’s the Mark Zuckerberg of Gamecock message boards!

What's a college GM?

And there's an easy way to change the negativity: Win.

That happens, even getting to six wins, everything will be just fine.

No moral of that story is stop the constant berating of the HC. Either STFU and give the guy a chance or help yourself to tormenting another team.

You literally joined this message board a week and a half ago and you’re telling people to STFU? What are you 15? There are too many of us who have devoted too many years, and in my case, too many generations before me to supporting and pulling for this team to watch the Muschamp fiasco followed up by this BS. We who are vocal are the loyal fans that care, possibly too much about this program.

Moral of that story is stop making dumbass hires!!!! Apparently JC Schubert thinks he’s the Mark Zuckerberg of Gamecock message boards!
How about you reserve your petulant crying until you actual see the results. You have no idea how they will do and your bitching and moshing is objectively making things worse not better.

Maybe you feel better to get it off your chest and express your unhappiness but it literally only helps you and the other miserable sulkers. Which is selfish and pathetic

You literally joined this message board a week and a half ago and you’re telling people to STFU? What are you 15? There are too many of us who have devoted too many years, and in my case, too many generations before me to supporting and pulling for this team to watch the Muschamp fiasco followed up by this BS. We who are vocal are the loyal fans that care, possibly too much about this program.
PREACH!

How about you reserve your petulant crying until you actual see the results. You have no idea how they will do and your bitching and moshing is objectively making things worse not better.

Maybe you feel better to get it off your chest and express your unhappiness but it literally only helps you and the other miserable sulkers. Which is selfish and pathetic

What’s selfish and pathetic are the folks making these dumbass hires and giving stupid raises in the first place. They say one thing and do another. Once you’ve been around long enough, you will see history repeat itself over and over again!

Reactions: 75CarolinaFan
So is there a time out period? Am I on probation because I just came to this board recently? I was on another forum that is no longer running. I have been a gamecock fan for 5 decades. Yes, sometimes I am disappointed in hires made. But what I have never done, is berate a coach before he has coached a single game here. What can you possibly accomplish other than running off recruits?

So how far you taking the censorship? You going to blackout the TV games next year? You better buckle up, no hiding this clown show once Fall hits.

This is a major rebuild, regardless of your thoughts on Beamer, next year is going to be a disaster.

What’s selfish and pathetic are the folks making these dumbass hires and giving stupid raises in the first place. They say one thing and do another. Once you’ve been around long enough, you will see history repeat itself over and over again!
Keep crying about it and making things worse. Y’all literally can’t stop crying when an insider is literally telling you it is potentially hurting the program.

You can’t stop and it’s really sad

So is there a time out period? Am I on probation because I just came to this board recently? I was on another forum that is no longer running. I have been a gamecock fan for 5 decades. Yes, sometimes I am disappointed in hires made. But what I have never done, is berate a coach before he has coached a single game here. What can you possibly accomplish other than running off recruits?
These are unusual times and we are not Texas, Florida, or Alabama. What we are going to have to do is be judicious and shrewd with our moves. I think that is what Coach Beamer is doing now and will continue to do. He is not flailing around like a drunken sailor. He has a goal and a vision and he is trying to execute on a plan.

This place was an absolute double dumpster fire. Muschamp took the program and drove a stake through it's heart. He damaged the program as badly as Brad Scott. His poor leadership hurt the players, assistant coaches and fan morale. To believe anyone could walk in here and wave a wand and make an instant improvement is pure fantasy.

I'm not worried about people slamming every move. I understand how they feel. There are a lot of old-timers here like me. I've been at this for 55 years as a fan. I've seen the good, the bad and the beautiful. You become jaded very easily and that's what we have. A lot of jaded fans.

All I can say is hold on and see what comes of all this and realize what we've just come through. It will get better. I'm beginning to believe that Beamer is just the guy to get us there.

These are unusual times and we are not Texas, Florida, or Alabama. What we are going to have to do is be judicious and shrewd with our moves. I think that is what Coach Beamer is doing now and will continue to do. He is not flailing around like a drunken sailor. He has a goal and a vision and he is trying to execute on a plan.

This place was an absolute double dumpster fire. Muschamp took the program and drove a stake through it's heart. He damaged the program as badly as Brad Scott. His poor leadership hurt the players, assistant coaches and fan morale. To believe anyone could walk in here and wave a wand and make an instant improvement is pure fantasy.

I'm not worried about people slamming every move. I understand how they feel. There are a lot of old-timers here like me. I've been at this for 55 years as a fan. I've seen the good, the bad and the beautiful. You become jaded very easily and that's what we have. A lot of jaded fans.

All I can say is hold on and see what comes of all this and realize what we've just come through. It will get better. I'm beginning to believe that Beamer is just the guy to get us there.
I think maybe you meant this for someone else.....I am 100% behind Beamer.

Truth hurts sometimes ..this program sucks

We all may have questions on how USC football goes from here. I'm now at the wait and see what happens moment. I don't see how it can be worse than Muschamp's stubborn non performing ways. They need to get players in and develop them with fundamentals which didn't happen previously.

Since you need to hear that from someone who’s been here longer, here ya go: STFU! Happy now?

I don't think this thing is working out the way Beamer intended. I get the whole "take his time" thing, but my suspicion is that he was a bit unprepared for how this is going

S and C
OL

I think both are great hires but I'm sure the Dirty Dozen will find fault.
When? Bobo was here for a while because Tanner made Beamer keep Bobo and as many other assistants as possible. Beamer, who has no track record, had no leverage in dealing with Ray Ray. Tanner was turned off by Chadwell and Napier because they wanted to bring their entire winning staffs with them. Because of Tanner’s incompetence, we have left over coaches from Muschamp’s losing regime and an OC who was the ASSISTANT O line coach for the Panthers, and still no DC. What a dumpster fire!

When? Bobo was here for a while because Tanner made Beamer keep Bobo and as many other assistants as possible. Beamer, who has no track record, had no leverage in dealing with Ray Ray. Tanner was turned off by Chadwell and Napier because they wanted to bring their entire winning staffs with them.

All unfounded speculation.

There were several openings this year, Chadwell and Napier didn’t receive serious interest in any of them except from us. Napier has now struck out on bigger jobs going back to last year.

Maybe the people doing the interviewing know things you don’t.

I love all the people telling others to STFU, get on board or find another team and so on...... That’s not the way a free society works. We can all disagree folks. You can disagree and not be a prick about it....... You guys sound like a bunch of internet tough guys! Have your opinions. We have ours! We need change coming from the top down. That’s where the main issues are. People in administration don’t care about winning sports programs.

Reactions: elcidcockfan
No, the moral is- stop acting like you know anything about how these hires will turnout when you DO NOT. It seems being an obnoxious ass on a message board so you can come back and say “I told you so” after the fact is more important to some of our fans than doing very easy things that could actually help us improve. How easy is it to just STFU and wait and see what happens? Very difficult for you and some others apparently. Then- when kids decommit, or transfer out or RIP US ON TWITTER FOR BEING “THE WORST FANS”?? (Anybody recall that? Nahh players don’t pay attention to what fans say and do at alllll🙄)- it is the COACH’S fault or they turn on our own players and former players... Grow up. Seriously. Some of ya’ll have lost your damn minds.

I love all the people telling others to STFU, get on board or find another team and so on...... That’s not the way a free society works. We can all disagree folks. You can disagree and not be a prick about it....... You guys sound like a bunch of internet tough guys! Have your opinions. We have ours! We need change coming from the top down. That’s where the main issues are. People in administration don’t care about winning sports programs.
You are the one being a prick friend. Funny you can’t see it.

All unfounded speculation.

There were several openings this year, Chadwell and Napier didn’t receive serious interest in any of them except from us. Napier has now struck out on bigger jobs going back to last year.

Maybe the people doing the interviewing know things you don’t.
Napier turned down Auburn because they were going to force him to hire holdovers on defensive side of the ball. Majority of coaches aren’t desperate for a head coaching job to concede that point.

I think both are great hires but I'm sure the Dirty Dozen will find fault.
They have to be vetted by the fans on GCC. It's a right of passage so it seems.
giphy.gif

Napier turned down Auburn because they were going to force him to hire holdovers on defensive side of the ball. Majority of coaches aren’t desperate for a head coaching job to concede that point.
If this is true, then why is the new guy Harsin at Auburn basically bringing in an entire new staff. Look at all of the recent hires. I call BS on that being the reason Napier did not take the job. Maybe he just wasn't the fit for their pick.

If you cared about the program you would not say any of the BS you have said on here. That is the whole point. I have been on this forum and many others before since forums became “a thing”, and you sir most certainly SHOULD STFU. Take a breath... It may be a good time to stop following things for a while if it makes you this miserable, but the rest of us are sick of your BS and if you are so hung up on a “free society” then understand- we are free to let you know about it.

If this is true, then why is the new guy Harsin at Auburn basically bringing in an entire new staff. Look at all of the recent hires. I call BS on that being the reason Napier did not take the job. Maybe he just wasn't the fit for their pick.
I’m guessing you didn’t follow that search at all as that was pretty much common knowledge that they weren’t going to give Napier complete control much like here. They only shifted after being turned down by majority of coaches that wouldn’t accept. Sark, Napier, Clark, etc.

If you cared about the program you would not say any of the BS you have said on here. That is the whole point. I have been on this forum and many others before since forums became “a thing”, and you sir most certainly SHOULD STFU. Take a breath... It may be a good time to stop following things for a while if it makes you this miserable, but the rest of us are sick of your BS and if you are so hung up on a “free society” then understand- we are free to let you know about it.
Exactly. I had a similar post from another Eeyore stating I had just joined and how dare I post something they disagreed with. I mean if there is a probation requirement I wasn’t aware. It is possible to post a different opinion without such negativity and outright attacks.

Reactions: The Gadfly

Napier didn’t “turn Auburn down”.

Auburn turned down Napier. We turned down Napier. Napier wasn’t on the radar at Vanderbilt or Texas. He was turned down last year by a SEC program, and wasn’t on the radar for any other coaching jobs.

Apparently everyone in the country with the exception of you and and a handful of fans here are starting to see that Napier seems to have some issues when it comes to getting another job.

Napier didn’t “turn Auburn down”.

Auburn turned down Napier. We turned down Napier. Napier wasn’t on the radar at Vanderbilt or Texas. He was turned down last year by a SEC program, and wasn’t on the radar for any other coaching jobs.

Apparently everyone in the country with the exception of you and and a handful of fans here are starting to see that Napier seems to have some issues when it comes to getting another job.
Really? Then why did Bill Clark at UAB turn them down also for the same reason? Oh that doesn’t fit your narrative. (I would’ve rather have had Chadwell here)

The coaching search here at USC was a shame to begin with, but let’s say for arguments sake it was really open.

If you were Napier would you have accepted Bobo and 3 position coaches just to coach at USC along with a depleted roster that will take 4-5 years to revamp to be competitive?

He is currently making million a year so while he would’ve made more, he isn’t hurting. He would have to lose a huge chunk of his coaching staff that he knows and trusts to be able to come here. He also wanted to actually get our support staff on par with our rivals and USC admin is cheap so even though it was Beamers from the get go, USC wasn’t going to give what he feels he needs to be competing.

Really? Then why did Bill Clark at UAB turn them down also for the same reason? Oh that doesn’t fit your narrative. (I would’ve rather have had Chadwell here)

The coaching search here at USC was a shame to begin with, but let’s say for arguments sake it was really open.

If you were Napier would you have accepted Bobo and 3 position coaches just to coach at USC along with a depleted roster that will take 4-5 years to revamp to be competitive?

He is currently making million a year so while he would’ve made more, he isn’t hurting. He would have to lose a huge chunk of his coaching staff that he knows and trusts to be able to come here. He also wanted to actually get our support staff on par with our rivals and USC admin is cheap so even though it was Beamers from the get go, USC wasn’t going to give what he feels he needs to be competing.

You have no idea whether Bill Clark turned down Auburn, or Auburn turned down Bill Clark.

Why? Because what’s publicly stated by either party involves a certain amount of saving face and credibility.

You have no idea at all whether Napier was told he’d have to accept Bobo and three position coaches...you’re speculating.

Same deal concerning support staff...Ray has said many times over the years he’s in favor of beefing up our support staff.

Now all of a sudden, you don’t think he is?

Bottom line, Napier was turned down for advancement last year. He’s been turned down and/or ignored for advancement this year. He’s going to put the best public face out possible hoping he remains in contention for jobs next season.

You have no idea whether Bill Clark turned down Auburn, or Auburn turned down Bill Clark.

Why? Because what’s publicly stated by either party involves a certain amount of saving face and credibility.

You have no idea at all whether Napier was told he’d have to accept Bobo and three position coaches...you’re speculating.

Same deal concerning support staff...Ray has said many times over the years he’s in favor of beefing up our support staff.

Now all of a sudden, you don’t think he is?

Bottom line, Napier was turned down for advancement last year. He’s been turned down and/or ignored for advancement this year. He’s going to put the best public face out possible hoping he remains in contention for jobs next season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT