ADVERTISEMENT

Moronavirus tanks economy and sports!

The facts are that this is a serious pandemic that will get worse before it gets better.
Horse shit. 39 deaths total in USA! 26 of those occurred in one nursing home in the state of Washington. In 2009 the swine flu, H1N1 infected 61 million Americans. 30k deaths including 1800children all before April. There was no panic or hysteria. Not one event was cancelled. Everything. Will be fine, COVID19 will stall as the weather warms like every other bug! Dude please stop getting played by telling media. You are smart guy. Engage your intellectual curiosity and seek true facts. The truth is not being reported.

Horse shit. 39 deaths total in USA! 26 of those occurred in one nursing home in the state of Washington. In 2009 the swine flu, H1N1 infected 61 million Americans. 30k deaths including 1800children all before April. There was no panic or hysteria. Not one event was cancelled. Everything. Will be fine, COVID19 will stall as the weather warms like every other bug! Dude please stop getting played by telling media. You are smart guy. Engage your intellectual curiosity and seek true facts. The truth is not being reported.
Nothing like message board experts and sports pundits chiming in on public health. Everyone has an opinion. Doesn’t mean it’s a good one.

I'm disgusted beyond words. Media masters of panic in full throttle. Not one cool head has the courage to pump the brakes and evaluate true facts.

Sheesh!

I was mad when they banned fans, but made peace with the fact that I could watch from home. But, now this feels orchestrated. No other way to put it.

At least our conf tournament was done and crowned before this global pandemic of cancellations got on the way.

The economy will bonce back like it always does even though they are doom and glooming it.

Media created panic? Why is the president taking unprecedented actions to fight the virus (remember he’s the one that says not to believe the media)?

Precautions are being taken, and they are extreme. Hopefully they work. Just in the sports world we have at least two NBA players and one ref who officiated the CAA tournament that tested positive in the last 24 hours. I didn’t see panic in anyone’s faces when they were canceling events today. They were just taking prudent precautions based on the information available (and quite honestly the lack of information on how exactly this is spreading to everyone).

The only panic I see is in the people that are telling everyone not to panic.

Sheesh!

I was mad when they banned fans, but made peace with the fact that I could watch from home. But, now this feels orchestrated. No other way to put it.

At least our conf tournament was done and crowned before this global pandemic of cancellations got on the way.

The economy will bonce back always does.

You got it right....... i'll give you a hint......russia, russia, russia, collusion, collusion, collusion, etc, etc, etc........the virus is the new russia.

Now the virus is real....supposedly. (not sure what to believe anymore frankly) But no matter what, this is going to get interesting because 1/2 will blame it on Trump. (Of course) 1/2 will be pissed at China. And yes, they're already using this to try to shut down the primaries........which would be awesome for Gaffe a minute Biden, would essentially destroy Bernie once and for all......supposedly........and then they get to use the hysteria to cancel the Trump rallies too.......which plays right into what they want.

Now all that is interesting. Yes. But the math is also interesting. Just the math assuming a 1 - 3% mortality rate. At 3% that's 9 million Americans dead. 9 mil. Half of that would be 4.5 million @ 1.5%. Assuming a population greater than 300 million....which is a safe assumption.

I live in a very, very, liberal city. I'm interested to see if they somehow try to quarantine us here.....cause that's gonna get real interesting real fast.

So anyway, bottom line, life as we know it has been cancelled and stay tuned. Shrugs.

BINGO!!!

do you think if the reaction to the swine flu was better and more coordinated in the US that the spread might not have been as wide and devastating. Taking precautions isn’t panicking. Hopefully we learn from past mistakes and do better the next time - even if it means missing a basketball game.

#MakeAmericaThinkAgain

It is always better to be safe than sorry. It makes sense to contain the virus now instead of waiting around and ending up like Italy with supermarkets and pharmacies the only thing being open. We can get another National Championship. Everybody just needs to hunker down for a moment and see how things play out in 2-3 weeks. Be safe out there.

They could've 'suspended' instead of cancel everything. What harm was there in waiting and accessing the situation then take further steps if need be. If the situation gets under control the games could be back online and play in the summer or even before that.

Why has the Olympics not been cancelled or suspended - since this is a global pandemic, and the host country Japan is only 1,514 miles from Wuhan China? The games start in late July to early August. Does the Olympic committee know something that all this college sports executives don't know or are they next on the block? Hell, they just light the Olympic torch today. Teams and hosting sites spend pretty much a year to get ready for tournament games and NCAA, whereas, countries spend several years or even decades to get ready. Is that the reason that the Olympic is still on but everything stateside is shut down beyond compare?

They could've 'suspended' instead of cancel everything. What harm was there in waiting and accessing the situation then take further steps if need be. If the situation gets under control the games could be back online and play in the summer or even before that.

Why has the Olympics not been cancelled or suspended - since this is a global pandemic, and the host country Japan is only 1,514 miles from Wuhan China? The games start in late July to early August. Does the Olympic committee know something that all this college sports executives don't know or are they next on the block? Hell, they just light the Olympic torch today. Teams and hosting sites spend pretty much a year to get ready for tournament games and NCAA, whereas, countries spend several years or even decades to get ready. Is that the reason that the Olympic is still on but everything stateside is shut down beyond compare?
No one knows at this point. I heard Olympics unlikely to happen but idk

Sheesh!

The economy will bonce back like it always does even though they are doom and glooming it.
The SEC Tournament was not over, we hadn’t even played our first game yet...

My brother is a medical school professor; he knows how many more cases are out there that haven't been tested because testing kits are in short supply. Don't bury your head in the sand and don't listen to a man that only ran for President to line his pockets.

My brother is a medical school professor; he knows how many more cases are out there that haven't been tested because testing kits are in short supply. Don't bury your head in the sand and don't listen to a man that only ran for President to line his pockets.

He doesn't KNOW shit. He is guessing/estimating.

And the "line his pockets" comment is idiotic. He was and is a multi-billionaire that could have easily disappeared to his private island and lived out his days in luxury that none of us could have ever dreamed of affording. He took a financial and personal hit to become President. He saw where the moronic, commie liberals and democrats were taking this country and decided to do something about it. And thank God he did.

Media created panic? Why is the president taking unprecedented actions to fight the virus (remember he’s the one that says not to believe the media?
He's being stampeded. He and his advisers see that the visceral panic is going to be impossible to quell with any effort they could mount.

Reactions: Expro19

Pretty dumb quote as he has not taken a penny of his presidential salary... While Michelle's momma is still living off a "SALARY" each month from us taxpayers for "tending" to her granddaughters while she lived rent free in the White House...

You know it's not gonna happens. TDS-24/7/365 is the real pandemic here. No cure either.

I'm disgusted beyond words. Media masters of panic in full throttle. Not one cool head has the courage to pump the brakes and evaluate true facts.

At least I'm able to store my 64,223 toilet paper rolls at my residence in TrailerWood Mobile Home Estates.

Simple solution to the hysteria is for Trump to appoint Obama as Corona pandemic czar and the criticism and misinformation will disappear like a fart in the wind.
Now Trump shouldn’t give him any authority to screw things up, just make him a figurehead.

Ughhhh. Eyeroll. Let me know when you donate your paycheck to charity

He doesn't KNOW shit. He is guessing/estimating.

And the "line his pockets" comment is idiotic. He was and is a multi-billionaire that could have easily disappeared to his private island and lived out his days in luxury that none of us could have ever dreamed of affording. He took a financial and personal hit to become President. He saw where the moronic, commie liberals and democrats were taking this country and decided to do something about it. And thank God he did.
This × 1000

Reactions: king ward
It's nice to know that the stupidity on this board goes beyond sports. We still don't know how many people in this country are infected because we do not have adequate testing. Is it deadly to most? No. BUT it is more communicable (can spread to more people faster) than regular flu viruses, thereby making it very serious. You could have it, not feel any symptoms but pass it on to 10x as many people as you would spread the regular flu to. This has to the ability infect people at an exponential rate.

What that means is you would have many more people going to the hospital all at once, overwhelming their resources so that other folks who are there for heart attacks, stroke, accidents and other emergencies can't as much attention as they need.

Cutting back on mass-group meetings (like sports events) reduces the risk of mass-infections, thereby leveling out the number of people who would seek treatment at one time.

I was skeptical a few weeks ago as well, but people need to wise-up.

Reactions: Jeremiah Bullfrog
give it time. You are comparing two different time frames.

The facts are that this is a serious pandemic that will get worse before it gets better.

That's the vague kind of statement that's driving the panic. Worse could mean only 100 more people in the country are diagnosed and better could mean this is all over next week. But of course, people read it to mean millions are going to die and this is going last for years and fundamentally change how we live our lives.

Nice try.

Reactions: 92Pony
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT