ADVERTISEMENT

My Portal Thoughts...

gousc00

Jul 12, 2004
I know my opinion really doesn't matter but here are my thoughts are on the transfer portal. I like the transfer portal. Obviously, it has helped us the last two offseasons. I think it levels the playing field. I always thought it was awful that a collegiate athlete had to sit out a year after transferring. It never made sense because coaching turnover happens every year. Also, sometimes the school isn't the right fit for whatever reason. The only thing I would like to see is there be one or two different times throughout the where an athlete can enter the portal. A free agency model type thing in professional sports. I don't think it has been passed yet (correct me if I'm wrong) but a certain number of transfers into your school shouldn't be included in the 25 rule. I think the number that is being discussed is 7. I am not sure if there is a perfect number or scenario because the numbers can get very confusing. The only thing I do not like about the transfer portal is someone entering the portal during their playing season. I think the transfer portal is a good thing but there need to be some guidelines for the schools and the players. What are your thoughts on the transfer portal?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News