ADVERTISEMENT

My theory on how we arrived at this point

OrigWhalofacock

Gold Member
Aug 23, 2011
I Now believe that SOS really thought that this was going to be his last season after the Miami game. It's the only thing that kinda makes sense. At the conclusion of last season, he didn't fire any coaches and just made one coaching hire. That should really tell you all you need to know. I am guessing here but he might have thought that this season could be salvagable and it be a pretty good year if we had reeled in the class of recruits that he thought we were going to get. Of course that leads me to the other half of this equation.

The now infamous 2 to 3 year comment. I believe that was Spurriers way of kinda letting everyone know that he was thinking of hanging it up REAL soon. Of course it was a colossal mistake and since he really doesn't get that involved with day to day recruiting, he didn't realize the consequences of that simple statement. Now I am NOT saying he shouldn't have known better. He absolutely should have. I am just trying to make sense of how things went so south so fast. Since that was the statement heard round the recruiting world and ALOT of recruits jumped ship, we were really kind of inbetween a rock and a hard place. He couldn't leave after the statement and he tried to salvage what he could. Now remember Im just trying to make sense of how we arrived at this point.

And so with all that said, I have to believe he is going to retire at the end of this season. Its really unfortunate too since I really think we are headed to our first losing season in 10 years. Sucks but there you have it. Of course I have been wrong in the past and could be wrong here but its JMHO as always.

GO COCKS!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News