ADVERTISEMENT

NewSpring's Check Cleared

tron1013

Apr 21, 2004

Skalski's going to have a hard time getting ejected from a third playoff game if the Taters lose to UGA on Labor Day weekend. I believe he has to ride the pine in the first half of their opener for his hit on Fields.

He had like 30 tackles on the year and during the ACC championship they talked him up like he was Lawrence Taylor.

He was out like 4-5 weeks with an injury. He is a UFA type guy, so the NFL really isn't in his future to any great degree.

Well at least he wasn’t chopping wood shirtless.
My rebuttal would be this though.

Reactions: jonesz21
He’s clemmys version of the old time NHL enforcer. Put him out there just to beat the s*** out of the other teams star players until he gets sent to the penalty box.

Say what you will, but I've noticed Clemson does have a fair amount of these "glue guys" mixed in with the five stars.
It is imperative that this happens. Dean Smith at UNC was a big proponent of this. I do not like CU one bit....but Swinney and company have done a great job picking up recruits with character and work ethic on top of the talent.
Now......we've recently confirmed that they were semi-cheating for the last 4-5 years too with the sign stealing thing....so there's that. Maybe the player's character isnt' in question as much as the coaches should be there. The CU players surely do enjoy a male butt grab and oil check though...so that is also a blemish on their character in my book.

I think NS has converted to using Visa gift cards . Much easier and less paper work for the NCAA to trace. Looks like they have 3 players returning... Gift cards or cash is the way to go.. No Checks.
If the NCAA did nothing to UNCheat why should other programs be afraid to not cheat..

He’s clemmys version of the old time NHL enforcer. Put him out there just to beat the s*** out of the other teams star players until he gets sent to the penalty box.
That's not an enforcer. If someone takes a cheap shot on your star and the ref doesn't see it, that's when the enforcer takes care of things. Concussions went up in the NHL first season without enforcers. They were the WMDs bringing mutually assured destruction if anyone got too stupid.

Skakski returning to CU is like Napier saying he’s decided to remain at Louisiana after we didn’t offer him our HC position. He stayed because he had nothing better on his docket, that is all.

Having stated that, I think he’s a solid college LB, and helps get their D lined up after the opposition’s offensive stolen signals are relayed to ‘Fire Marshall Bill’, ie - Venables

Ben Boulware 2.0.
Clemson LB's get stats because the blitz so much and play behind good to great D Lines.
Put him one on one with a blocker, or in pass coverage, and he's below average.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT