ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Freaking Saban

To be the man ya gotta beat the man. That’s all.
At one point near the end, they showed Kirby and the look on his face plainly said “what heck do we gotta do to beat this team?”

They will most likely get another shot, so we’ll see.

It helps coaching against Kirby too.

Bama has been behind UGA in every game they've played against Kirby, only to come back.

Reactions: AltoonaSteve
You can’t give Saban points, just makes him mad and more determined to beat you. I don’t care if we were the better team, I will concede the points and take them just to not make him mad, lol. Other than the Tigers I absolutely love to see them bulldogs lose because their fans think that it’s owed them.

Saban is incomparable. Anyone who ever utters anything else....i just can't help but look at sideways.
On a related note...the k. Smart hate..I don't get it. I mean...I don't like him, but what is the use in putting your head in the sand. We tried for him, and Georgia acted - as they should have.

He's got an 81% win percentage INCLUDING his first year at 8-5 with that typical stale situation that most new coaches come into.
2nd year - lost to #10 Auburn and #4 Bama
3rd year- lost to #13 LSU, #1 Bama and #15 Texas
4th year- lost to us and #2 LSU
5th year- lost to #2 Bama and #7 Florida
6th year (this year)- lost to Bama.

So, outisde of his first year he has 10 losses.....and 4 are to Alabama. Take out that first year...he's 85% win %.
Unfortunately as some of us predicted, UGA is building a semi-dynasty. Not on Bama level....and even with their loss today you can still easily see them being a NC this year or soon.

Reactions: midline
I think everyone got blinded with UGA this year. At the end of the day it's Alabama vs UGA. Alabama a dynasty who is THE standard. UGA on the other hand should have its mascot switched from a bulldog to a lawnchair. Yet everyone was on the UGA bandwagon. I even thought they'd beat Bama. Shouldn't have.

And it was just one game.....it's was 'Bama's night.
Perspective.....UGA beat AU (the same team we beat in regulation) by 24 pts, 'Bama squeaked by in OT

2 super teams....let's see if UM/Cincy are up to the task.

And it was just one game.....it's was 'Bama's night.
Perspective.....UGA beat AU (the same team we beat in regulation) by 24 pts, 'Bama squeaked by in OT

2 super teams....let's see if UM/Cincy are up to the task.

That means we could beat Bama, since we beat Auburn decisively. :)

I mean at this point you gotta admit its pretty cool to be alive to watch the GOAT in action. There will come a day where he'll be gone (i'm sure many teams look forward to that) but in the context of the sport, its pretty incredible what he's done. And i love when UGA goes home empty handed on any night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT