ADVERTISEMENT

No matter how you think of the NFL today, it will never be the same from years to come when watching

The owners don't care about their beliefs. That's correct. Their primary concern is making more money. Correct again. But forcing someone to act a certain way on a political matter to make money is a terrible thing in a free country.

If I'm an owner, no you can't be disruptive in my workplace in regards to a confederate t shirt or anything like that. But knowing that is a problem I also wouldn't force them to act a certain way re: the national anthem or anything else of that nature. That's the deal, "you don't cause a political stink here at work and I won't force you to act in a certain political way either".
You don't think the NFL players are "causing a political stink"?

Reactions: Jpcooper
If the National Anthem wasn't a part of the game to start w no one would even notice. The NFL could do like college, play it before the players come out on the field and after a few weeks or years this subject would disappear.
True, But Unfortunately it is.. Then for the Millionaires to use the NATIONAL ANTHEM as a protest forum, by DISRESPECTING it and America, well, not a good Idea in My opinion, But hey, those that is does not bother, you can have the NFL..

You don't think the NFL players are "causing a political stink"?
Yes, they obviously are causing a stink but the NFL is forcing them on to that platform. That's what I explained in my prior post, it's a two way street. As an employer I expect that my employees won't cause a "political" disturbance. And from my side as the employer I won't ask them to conform to or act upon any political belief/cause.

If the NFL wants to keep the National Anthem as part of the game then do it prior to the players coming out on the field. Problem solved.

Yes, they obviously are causing a stink but the NFL is forcing them on to that platform. That's what I explained in my prior post, it's a two way street. As an employer I expect that my employees won't cause a "political" disturbance. And from my side as the employer I won't ask them to conform to or act upon any political belief/cause.

If the NFL wants to keep the National Anthem as part of the game then do it prior to the players coming out on the field. Problem solved.
That may have been a Good Idea before the season started, but now the Fans we see it as the NFL bowing to the wants of the players and disregarding the wants of the Fans. Unfortunately for the NFL, they are now in a "No Win" situation..

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
That may have been a Good Idea before the season started, but now the Fans we see it as the NFL bowing to the wants of the players and disregarding the wants of the Fans. Unfortunately for the NFL, they are now in a "No Win" situation..
Yeah, that is because you only look through the prism of "winning" an argument and not coming to an agreeable compromise.

If the decision was made to do the National Anthem prior to players coming out and a fan is yelling before the game, "hey make those players come out here while we are singing the National Anthem" then that fan is a moron. SC is going to do the anthem Saturday w out the players on the field and the fans won't be bothered a bit.

Yeah, that is because you only look through the prism of "winning" an argument and not coming to an agreeable compromise.

If the decision was made to do the National Anthem prior to players coming out and a fan is yelling before the game, "hey make those players come out here while we are singing the National Anthem" then that fan is a moron. SC is going to do the anthem Saturday w out the players on the field and the fans won't be bothered a bit.
Like I SAID, had this been done before the season, (Which i like that the Cocks dont come out) there would not have been an issue!! Now it is!! NFL cant win with this one,, Either a majority of the Fans will disapprove or their golden goose Players will disapprove..

I'm good with it, if you can't respect the flag stay in the locker room, problem solved! Don't think it's going to happen though!

Like I SAID, had this been done before the season, (Which i like that the Cocks dont come out) there would not have been an issue!! Now it is!! NFL cant win with this one,, Either a majority of the Fans will disapprove or their golden goose Players will disapprove..
Neither side is going to WIN. They'll come to a compromise.

The only people that will potentially LOSE will be the losers that insist that the players be forced to stand or they'll take their ball and go home. Bye!

I am 100% sure the majority is on the side of the protestors. Demographics say so. Even many veterans, CEO sponsors, team owners, etc., have expressed support for the protestors. Everybody can keep screaming and moaning and bragging about being bigger patriots than the next guy and crying and wailing about how bad their feelings are hurt, but in the end, these are the people who have changed. America has not changed. It is still the land of the free, albeit an imperfect one which needs constant improvement moving foward, not looking back, and thank God for that fact.

I am 100% sure the majority is on the side of the protestors. Demographics say so. Even many veterans, CEO sponsors, team owners, etc., have expressed support for the protestors. Everybody can keep screaming and moaning and bragging about being bigger patriots than the next guy and crying and wailing about how bad their feelings are hurt, but in the end, these are the people who have changed. America has not changed. It is still the land of the free, albeit an imperfect one which needs constant improvement moving foward, not looking back, and thank God for that fact.
SHE LOST GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!1

Michael Bennett says "I think the first step to even being able to even have a conversation is making sure that Colin Kaepernick gets an opportunity to play in the NFL.”

I want to play in the NFL…. I’m like Colin Kaepernick, can’t play a lick but I can whine on how the team should play and how the Offensive Coordinator should do his job…

I’m sorry, but standing up for the American Flag and National Anthem has nothing to do with the First Amendment.. It has everything to do with the decency, love and respect we hold inside of ourselves and how we were taught by our parents to respect everyone and ourselves as human beings; like holding the door for a lady, saying yes ma'am and no ma'am, getting permission from a girl’s father to marry his daughter and no matter how you’re treated by a girl, you are taught to never, I repeat never hit a girl… That’s why we stand up for our Flag and the National Anthem… It’s the right thing to do to honor the men and women of this country and how our parents brought us up…
9o0KRRG.gif

960698d3cbcba87a7bdfb68f2a3f9f79--polo-shirt-american-flag.jpg

Reactions: DC-99

Don’t they usually. I don’t know any college team that is out on the field for pre game festivities

The NFL will be just fine. Sorry to hurt some feelings in here but the league is stronger than ever. This crap with our POTUS calling NFL players s.o.b.'s has actually spiked interest. Go ahead and watch re runs of I love Lucy but this guy right here will be watching some football. Can i get an Amen?
Not so sure about this! Viewership is down 18% since 2015 when Kaepernick started his protest. I think it is a combination of people not wanting politics and sports integrated and the fact the cord cutters are growing daily. I am about to join that group as well.

Not so sure about this! Viewership is down 18% since 2015 when Kaepernick started his protest. I think it is a combination of people not wanting politics and sports integrated and the fact the cord cutters are growing daily. I am about to join that group as well.

Don't forget to add in empty seats too...

It's not cheap going to the NFL, but San Fran was giving away tickets for something like $15.00 per seat when I was there in late August...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT