ADVERTISEMENT

No matter how you think of the NFL today, it will never be the same from years to come when watching

"Liberal attempt". Lol. Try again, hoss. I am simply reading the presidents words (exposing the true "problem with our country right now") as they were expressed; "good/fine people" vs "sons of bitches". Your entire post is Trumpian Psycho-babble. Trump didn't have a problem disrepecting our country at every turn during the campaign, "this country is a hellhole". If you and the Cheeto think this country is a hellhole, then gtfo. And take these inbreds with you...

http://pulpitandpen.org/2017/09/25/...ommit-unemployment-fraud-to-increase-tithing/

woff-women-w-trump.jpeg

Whaley3.png
giphy.gif

That may be true to a very small extent. However, many were constructed during the late 19th century to commemorate the memory of great men who fought for their homeland which was the state they were from. There is no need to start a debate on this forum as to what motivated Confederate soldiers to fight. Some were constructed during the 1960's to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Civil War. There was no greater man than Robert E. Lee and it's a shame that he has been disrespected in the way he has. Anyway, it is not just Confederate monuments that are targeted. How about Columbus, Washington, and Jefferson? Even Lincoln has been targeted. The demand to remove monuments is just another page out of the leftist playbook to destroy and undermine America. It is amazing that fools fall for this and don't understand their motives. It's interesting how Isis is guilty of using the same methods. It is interesting that when the Confederate Soldier monument was toppled in Durham, NC the people who did it were communist. They had their communist banners and shirts on.

The Confederate flag should never have been placed on the Statehouse Dome because only the United States and SC State Flag should ever fly there. As far as the flag on the capitol is concerned it was placed there by Democrat Governor Ernest Hollings to commemorate the 100 year anniversary of the Civil War not to protest civil rights. This was well before the civil rights movement reached its peak in the late 60's. The flag should have been removed at the end of that year, but stayed there until it was finally removed from the dome to the statehouse grounds at the Confederate soldiers monument in July 2000. As we all know it was removed from the grounds as a result of the horrible Charleston shooting in 2015 which the flag had nothing to do with. I'm personally glad that it was finally removed because it was always a target by the left wing liberals who used it to cause division among South Carolinians.

All that being said, I don't have the time to debate you on this forum about any heritage issues. But, if I did have time I would own you like Bama would own your local high school team.

Proudly NFL free for 7 weeks

Out

Don't know who you are but I was a teenager when the flag went up over the statehouse. If you really think it went up just to comemorate the Centennial of the Civil War, you have your head up your ass. It was to make a point to the black folks who were protesting. I lived those times. And before you impugn me as a liberal, I served my country in the 70s and am still a Republican who worked for George Bush.

Reactions: fftar and DC-99
I think what is being lost in all this is the reason it started . CK started the protest to bring awareness to Social injustice and Police Brutality. If you live in this country and you don't see that these two things are happening on a daily basis then you are either dumb or turning a blind eye. If he wore a wristband or something similiar then it would have been a story for a week and would have gone away . Protest is meant to make people uncomfortable so the issue can't be ignored . Unfortunately now the story has nothing to do with the initial issue thanks to the media . If this protest somehow effects change and brings awareness to those issues then I have no problem with it . Again personally I would never kneel for the anthem but that's my right to choose . It's also your right to not match the NFL or buy tickets if you don't agree . However if you think this is hurting the players pockets then you are naive . They're gonna get millions if you choose to watch or not because plenty of people will continue to go to games and buy tickets and gear either way . Trust me Marshawn Lynch isn't selling one of His Lamborghini's to make ends meet because a few thousands people quit watching the NFL .
When Kap first knelt he said he was not honoring a flag or anthem until all of Social unjust to his people was recognized. People are saying he wasn’t boycotting Flag/anthem but he included both

Lets for the sake of argument agree that all that is true.......the NFL is also business. No business is going to last long if it has employees that decide to offend a large majority of the people that support that business.

Once again we all have rights...the players, owners and fans. CK and other players have exercised their right....now others are exercising theirs. See....I don't get why some believe that only the players have rights here....that they are the only ones allowed to speak or protest. Sorry to tell them that has never been the situation.
And most fans want their team to win and want whatever players gice them the best chance to do so. This whole situation has me baffled. There has been more outcry of CK's actions(or inaction) than those of guys like Mike Vick and Ray Rice who actually physically harmed animals and women which to me seems far worse than not standing for the anthem which harms no one at all.

You do know that many of said monuments were not constructed during the 19th Century, right? They were constructed in response to integration efforts in the South as a way of "standing proud" on the "heritage" of segregation and racial inequality. It's not erasing history to remove symbols that were constructed for this purpose.

The confederate flag didn't start flying over the SC capitol until 1961, right in the heat of the Civil Rights movement. Has the history of SC been re-written since it has been removed? Should South Carolinians have been required to stand and salute that flag as a sign of respect for the state of South Carolina?

I understand where you're coming from. I find it distasteful when people do not show respect for things that should be respected - like the U.S. flag. I would also encourage you to investigate what the fabric of our country is really about. You might find that the fabric is in the words of the Constitution and the guarantees provided to the citizens of the U.S. The fabric is not about flags or anthems or any particular ideology other than people should be as free as possible to explore their own potential.
If I could like this post a hundred times I would.

Don't know who you are but I was a teenager when the flag went up over the statehouse. If you really think it went up just to comemorate the Centennial of the Civil War, you have your head up your ass. It was to make a point to the black folks who were protesting. I lived those times. And before you impugn me as a liberal, I served my country in the 70s and am still a Republican who worked for George Bush.

First, thank you for your service. Second, I voted for Bush and a few Dems in my life also, but I have been too busy building a business over the years to be a political groupie. As far as your statement about the flag on the dome I lived through those times also, it did go up to commemorate the Centennial of the Civil War. It can be argued that it stayed up for the reason you stated. For anyone to claim that Democrat Gov. Ernest Hollings put the flag up to make a point to blacks is laughable. So you are the one that needs to get your head out of your ass.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scuba_do
And most fans want their team to win and want whatever players gice them the best chance to do so. This whole situation has me baffled. There has been more outcry of CK's actions(or inaction) than those of guys like Mike Vick and Ray Rice who actually physically harmed animals and women which to me seems far worse than not standing for the anthem which harms no one at all.
I believe the NFL took a stand on both cases and pretty sure they faced criminal charge, definitely not an apples to apples comparison! This protest hurts nobody, it's just about respecting what this country stands for, if you can't stand the sight of the flag and what it stands for, find another country that will pay you millions for playing a game!

I have learned that I can live without the NFL. Matter of fact, my Sundays are much more enjoyable without it.

Me too... Clean the house; go grocery shopping; grill out; wash clothes; wash the dog and etc...

I stop watching TV network stuff years ago and late on Sunday night, turn on a movie on Netflix or Amazon Prime....

I have learned that I can live without the NFL. Matter of fact, my Sundays are much more enjoyable without it.
Teed off at 1:30 yesterday, Gorgeous day.. Shot 38/37, 4 birdies and a double, (One bad swing) didnt miss Cam and the panthers one little bit!!. I did hear they lost, apparently that inept offense scored 3 points, Lol..

But its ok to rant and rave about nfl players hating our country and telling them to gtfo because they are peacefully and silently protesting. You are ok with that behavior but when the same behavior is employed to prove a point, THEN you jump in... there's your sign.

I believe the NFL took a stand on both cases and pretty sure they faced criminal charge, definitely not an apples to apples comparison! This protest hurts nobody, it's just about respecting what this country stands for, if you can't stand the sight of the flag and what it stands for, find another country that will pay you millions for playing a game!
"This country is a hellhole" - Donald J. Trump

Now, use the logic in the above post, on this comment.

"This country is a hellhole" - Donald J. Trump

Now, use the logic in the above post, on this comment.
In quite a few American's eyes, that's a very true statement, but it doesn't mean we don't still love the country and what it stands for and would like to see it better! Divisiveness because you don't like who sits in the White House, does nobody any good!

In quite a few American's eyes, that's a very true statement, but it doesn't mean we don't still love the country and what it stands for and would like to see it better! Divisiveness because you don't like who sits in the White House, does nobody any good!
You are the biggest patriot ever, and you love America more than anybody else. Your concerns are valid, but everybody else is a whiny son of a bitch. Congrats on winning the big contest. You rock!

Our country elects its first black president and the response by mostly white republicans (I am white) is to block every move Obama plans to make.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/article/the-republicans-plan-for-the-new-president/

Then, those same Republicans and their constituents vote for a lying, rich white guy claiming this country is a hellhole and claiming he and the "others" must "take back" their country and "make america great again". This elected buffoon has accomplished absolutely nothing in his 9 months in office, sans saying nazis were "good/fine people" and categorizing black citizens exercising their rights as Americans as "sons of bitches".

If you want to talk about divisiveness, you can start with the moron in office that said our first black president wasn't born in this country... and he led the investigation, claiming "you won't believe what we are finding in Hawaii"... years later this moron admitted it was all bullshit, but it just so happens the seed of divisiveness and hate for the person in office had already been planted. The moron rode that divisive wave (your wave) of emotions and lies straight to the white house.

Reactions: dixie_cock
Our country elects its first black president and the response by mostly white republicans (I am white) is to block every move Obama plans to make.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/article/the-republicans-plan-for-the-new-president/

Then, those same Republicans and their constituents vote for a lying, rich white guy claiming this country is a hellhole and claiming he and the "others" must "take back" their country and "make america great again". This elected buffoon has accomplished absolutely nothing in his 9 months in office, sans saying nazis were "good/fine people" and categorizing black citizens exercising their rights as Americans as "sons of bitches".

If you want to talk about divisiveness, you can start with the moron in office that said our first black president wasn't born in this country... and he led the investigation, claiming "you won't believe what we are finding in Hawaii"... years later this moron admitted it was all bullshit, but it just so happens the seed of divisiveness and hate for the person in office had already been planted. The moron rode that divisive wave (your wave) of emotions and lies straight to the white house.
You really have a winning disposition - bound to influence people and get them to swing over to your side.;)

I never said the NFL didn't take a stand. I said people are more upset over these players than the ones who actually caused physical harm and to me that seems ludicrous. Where were the people wanting to boycott the NFL for letting Vick and Rice back into the league? Where was the media coverage? It was barely even there and it passed over so quickly that I barely even noticed it. How long has it been since CK took a knee? and people are still talking about it? Too many sensitive ass people if you ask me.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
This thread is more political than sports related and I really wish the mods would move it to Small Talk. It's a divisive subject and has nothing to do with USC.

It has to do with sports and what's no longer sacred grounds from politics... Also, we do have former USC players who are in the NFL... Just saying...

It has to do with sports and what's no longer sacred grounds from politics... Also, we do have former USC players who are in the NFL... Just saying...
Jared Cook on Marshawn Lynch sitting for National Anthem:
“I’m proud of him. I think it’s awesome that he did it. Everybody has a voice, especially with what happened in Charlottesville just the night before. I think it’s important for men in our position to step up and speak on unnecessary situations that we find ourselves in as young minorities in this country a lot of times, so I’m proud of him.”

It barely has anything to do with sports and it has everything to do with what individuals feel is proper regarding the flag, or national anthem. Still, it is a very divisive subject which has Gamecock brethren at each other's throats. It has been nothing but a train wreck since the post was started.

It barely has anything to do with sports and it has everything to do with what individuals feel is proper regarding the flag, or national anthem. Still, it is a very divisive subject which has Gamecock brethren at each other's throats. It has been nothing but a train wreck since the post was started.
Politics nor religion should be mixed in sports. If people seriously believe that then they should not want the national anthem played at sporting events much less having prayers at sporting events.

But you will find that the ones complaining about the kneelers actually want the national anthem as part of sporting events and a majority of those same people want or at least approve of prayers being said before these events. Why? Because they enjoy forcing their beliefs on others.

Reactions: funktavious
Politics nor religion should be mixed in sports. If people seriously believe that then they should not want the national anthem played at sporting events much less having prayers at sporting events.

But you will find that the ones complaining about the kneelers actually want the national anthem as part of sporting events and a majority of those same people want or at least approve of prayers being said before these events. Why? Because they enjoy forcing their beliefs on others.
Right. My whole life is taken up by finding insidious ways to force my beliefs on others. The fact that I enjoy the presentation of the colors and the playing of the National Anthem proves that incontrovertibly.

Right. My whole life is taken up by finding insidious ways to force my beliefs on others. The fact that I enjoy the presentation of the colors and the playing of the National Anthem proves that incontrovertibly.
So you are ok w getting rid of it since it's divisive then right? Or are you ok w people kneeling or not standing while it is played?

So you are ok w getting rid of it since it's divisive then right? Or are you ok w people kneeling or not standing while it is played?
I'm not ambivalent. But I recognize the right of a person to participate or not to participate when acting as a private citizen. I also recognize that not everything a person does is strictly in his role as a private citizen.

Last edited:
I'm not ambivalent. But I recognize the right of a person to participate or not to participate when acting as private citizens. I also recognize that not everything a person does is strictly in his role as a private citizen.
The bottom line is that if any event has things like the National Anthem or prayers as a part of the event it is going to be ripe for dissenters. The only choices for solving this issue in a free nation is to either 1). Eliminate them. 2). Continue them and let the divisiveness continue.

Personally I prefer choice 1 but understand someone picking choice 2 as long as the kneeling or other demonstrations don't bother them. But a 3rd choice of forcing people to act a certain way for these events is not acceptable.

I much prefer choice 1 because it only takes one goofball to get mad at one silent demonstrator and start a fight.

The bottom line is that if any event has things like the National Anthem or prayers as a part of the event it is going to be ripe for dissenters. The only choices for solving this issue in a free nation is to either 1). Eliminate them. 2). Continue them and let the divisiveness continue.

Personally I prefer choice 1 but understand someone picking choice 2 as long as the kneeling or other demonstrations don't bother them. But a 3rd choice of forcing people to act a certain way for these events is not acceptable.

I much prefer choice 1 because it only takes one goofball to get mad at one silent demonstrator and start a fight.
I hereby exercise my right to disagree.:cool:

Should not be a forced thing. It should be something that unifies all of us that live here, a thing called patriotism.

Same guy in an earlier post who said there are too many sensitive people.
I'm not being sensitive. I just think its stupid for Gamecock fans to sit here arguing amongst themselves over a non Gamecock related issue. Bringing political or religious threads will always lead to division because people see things differently and no one can seem to agree to disagree.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT