ADVERTISEMENT

No matter who....

uscfutbol

Nov 28, 2012
is hired as the next Head Coach, isn't the most important hires the assistant coaches? Unless you surround yourself with competent coordinators, and assistants, the dude at the top is in trouble.... One example I think would be our current running backs coach. Since he has come in I can see a huge difference in the way our backs hit the holes and run the ball.... I hope he is retained.

Who are some good OC and DC that we think could be brought in?

No. Good coordinators will be hired away. This is why hiring a great offensive minded HC would be such a plus. They would only leave for a bigger head coaching job, not smaller HC, bigger coordinator, AND bigger HC jobs. Consistency on offense with a high octane offense would be ideal. Having one for 2 years and starting over would really suck. It's another reason Beamer is a bad idea.

And I'm only answering this as most important. Of course assistant coaches are really important.

No. Good coordinators will be hired away. This is why hiring a great offensive minded HC would be such a plus. They would only leave for a bigger head coaching job, not smaller HC, bigger coordinator, AND bigger HC jobs. Consistency on offense with a high octane offense would be ideal. Having one for 2 years and starting over would really suck. It's another reason Beamer is a bad idea.

And I'm only answering this as most important. Of course assistant coaches are really important.

You make good points, but I think with todays kids, social media, commitment videos, transfer portals, possibly one time transfers in the future, etc... It is almost like the head coach has to be a CEO, and must make sure his assistants are well paid and great at what they do, while he oversees the operation.. Unfortunately, a prime example of this is, and it being successful at it, is wearing orange in the upstate!!!

is hired as the next Head Coach, isn't the most important hires the assistant coaches? Unless you surround yourself with competent coordinators, and assistants, the dude at the top is in trouble.... One example I think would be our current running backs coach. Since he has come in I can see a huge difference in the way our backs hit the holes and run the ball.... I hope he is retained.

Who are some good OC and DC that we think could be brought in?
No. Just my opinion. The most important hire is the head coach.

You make good points, but I think with todays kids, social media, commitment videos, transfer portals, possibly one time transfers in the future, etc... It is almost like the head coach has to be a CEO, and must make sure his assistants are well paid and great at what they do, while he oversees the operation.. Unfortunately, a prime example of this is, and it being successful at it, is wearing orange in the upstate!!!
It's the green in the upstate, not orange.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT