ADVERTISEMENT

OC Satterfield???

Bucs90

Sep 22, 2019
I remember everyone saying “gotta have that SEC experience” in the coaching search. Well we (Tanner) hired a TE coach with no HC OC or DC experience. And he hired Marcus Satterfield as OC. Satterfields entire background is in FCS up until the last 2 years where he interned at Baylor briefly, and not even at great FCS teams. Tennessee Tech, UT-Martin, etc

OP missed Temple but his point is accurate. Little Shane hired his buddy as OC, not the best candidate. If this was Muschamp, 95% of the board would be calling for his head.

OP missed Temple but his point is accurate. Little Shane hired his buddy as OC, not the best candidate. If this was Muschamp, 95% of the board would be calling for his head.

No I didnt miss Temple thats basically an FCS program too haha their own city has FCS Villanova who is probably a better program and last time they played in 2018….FCS Villanova beat Temple

I remember all those big name OCs that wanted to come here. Hell, we couldn't even keep Bobo, and he was disaster with better talent.

To be completely fair.....what other oc at the time was available and willing to come here?

The defense has been less awful than the offense but our DC also has no SEC experience. It was mostly Western Kentucky, NC State, UConn and Stanford
Just curious how everyone who demanded the coach have “SEC experience” feel now that Beamer hired coordinators (the folks who really run the on field stuff) with no SEC experience at all

Satterfield came cheap, which the administration demonstrated was their focal point with the Beamer hire. And I am not necessarily taking up for Satterfield, but I don't know an OC in this country Tru that could call plays with that offensive line at USC. And let's just admit that even with Doty, I'm not sure USC has a winning level SEC QB on the roster. Satterfield may get thrown under the bus as Beamer has to make a human sacrifice at some point. But to turn this team around offensively it is going to take recruiting, and developing, a better offensive line. I am not sure I wouldn't be blaming to offensive line coach. This is basically the same OL that produced a good running game last year. Now they can't. And the backs should be more than adequate.

Reactions: 92Pony
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT